Wick Stickers poll

Where do you get your wick stickers, and do you like them?

I got my first ones from Aztec, They worked well but I thought they were thicker than need be, my second batch came from Flaming and are thin, but harder to work with. Last night, as a candle was near the end of its life, one came loose and the burning wick slid to the edge of the container. I know the bottom of the container was clean so now I’m a little afraid of those.   

I've bought them from everywhere, but I'm currently using the ones from The Candlemaker's Store, and I like them very much.  They are thinner and on sheets rather than a roll. I hate the rolls.  Haven't had one come loose yet.  I wipe my jars with alcohol before using them.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bfroberts said:

I've bought them from everywhere, but I'm currently using the ones from The Candlemaker's Store, and I like them very much.  They are thinner and on sheets rather than a roll. I hate the rolls.  Haven't had one come loose yet.  I wipe my jars with alcohol before using them.

Just don’t do it I accidentally didn’t stick the wrong side of the sheets together. I lost a whole sheet that way. 😳😫

• Like 1

I just recently started using them , got mine from CMS.  So far I like the ease of the sheets, compared to my glue gun.
I've only had a few that didn't want to stick, other than that, no issues

On 6/1/2018 at 10:00 PM, TallTayl said:

Just don’t do it I accidentally didn’t stick the wrong side of the sheets together. I lost a whole sheet that way. 😳😫

I did the same thing...I have a couple of different kinds now, but when I use the ones on the sheet, I REALLY make sure to get the right side of the sheet on the stickers.

I used the wick stick-ums when I first start making candles and was never happy with them because they'd come loose so I found that using tacky wax worked every time.  I got it from the craft stores (joanne's & michaels and have never had a wick come loose)  Works for me and when something WORKS, ya stay with it!!