Natures Garden recommendations

bfroberts

I already use a few NG scents for candles.....Mrs Clause Cookies, Cracklin Birch, Clean Breeze, 7up Pound Cake.   I'm placing an order today for some bottles and such, and thought I'd throw a couple of new FOs in my cart to try.  I read that Sleigh Ride is good, so I'll get that one.  Anyone have any other recommendations for fall/winter/holiday scents from NG?  I'm using parasoy.

Thanks!

If you like Cracklin Birch, you'll probably like Snowman Balls. It's a little more clove, less cinnamon, a base of balsam pine, an undercurrent of musk or sandalwood or something to make it more complex than just a spicy pine. Not quite a cologne, but definitely sexy in a manly outdoorsy way. Throw is insane in paraffin. I usually use 8%, but I think I could easily back down to 6% - I mix about 10% soy, so I'm not sure how a parasoy like 6006 would affect the throw.

If you're lookin for something different, the Hippy Christmas is very nice. Minty with just enough vanilla to make it sweet, anchored by a light patchouli. You can barely smell the patchouli (or at least I can't, but I love a strong patch!), but it makes the fragrance peaceful and meditative, not a food type at all. Good throw in my paraffin blend, definitely an 8-10% one though.

Their Christmas Splendour is very strong, and fruity, similar to the Candle Source's and better than Candles & Supplies, IMO ....

I just got their Bitche's Brew. Mostly because of the name. 😄  Very strong on the Patchouli. It's really similar to their Sweet Patchouli, which is a bummer, I was hoping for something a little dirtier. But I haven't put that one in wax yet. And I don't know what the original Witches Brew from Yankee smells like, so I couldn't even tell you if it's close.

I don't generally go for the foody fragrances, so I can't help there. And I have tried a few duds from them, Alpine Snowdrift comes to mind... Very bland vanilla mint. And the Winter Garden was weird. I couldn't decide if I liked it or not, very lime and herbaceous, but in an industrial air freshener kind of way. But I guess some people want that, lol!

Anyway, HTH!

• Like 1

I have a bunch of NG oils, but in looking at my list, I just realized that most of of 40 some bottle I have are spring/summer scents.

Potpourri Spice is a good fall scent, along the lines of Amish Harvest and all those other spice FO's

Winter Candy Apple is nice and sold pretty well for me last year

Tinsel some customers just love this one.  One lady wants it all year round.  It's minty and a little fruit.  Very unique

Hot Orange Danish My DIL loves this one

• Like 2

Ive heard Gingerbread is good + strong. Hot Orange Danish - Oats n Honey  is not super strong but nice. Pink Sugar (although I like ICS better but they are very similar)

Tinsel is good but to me not super strong. BTW I feel Pink Sugar needs a super long cure but I use soy. I let mine cure for one month from both suppliers.

Edited by Moonstar
  • Like 1

I love Pilgrims' Pie. It's a real Primitive scent if that makes sense. 

I also love their gingerbread, apple dumpling, Christmas cabin, christmas memories, Clove, Kickin Cocoa, Pumpkin Apple Butter, Sugar Cookie Brûlée , Christmas wassail, Orange clove, Pumpkin crunch cake, Snicker doodle latte,  and Trick or Treat for Fall/Winter. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Ive heard Gingerbread is good + strong. Hot Orange Danish - Oats n Honey  is not super strong but nice. Pink Sugar (although I like ICS better but they are very similar)

Tinsel is good but to me not super strong. BTW I feel Pink Sugar needs a super long cure but I use soy. I let mine cure for one month from both suppliers.

Oh gosh....oats n honey I'm going to have to order...sounds wonderful!

Trappeur

13 hours ago, Belinda said:

I love Pilgrims' Pie. It's a real Primitive scent if that makes sense. 

I also love their gingerbread, apple dumpling, Christmas cabin, christmas memories, Clove, Kickin Cocoa, Pumpkin Apple Butter, Sugar Cookie Brûlée , Christmas wassail, Orange clove, Pumpkin crunch cake, Snicker doodle latte,  and Trick or Treat for Fall/Winter. 

Belinda, I'm intrigued by Snickerdoodle latte.  Can you really pick up the coffee in it?  I'm looking for a new coffee based scent, and that sounds really nice.  

Most of my fragrances are from NG.   There's a lot of great ones already mentioned.  Also sounds like there are some I need to try!    I do like the Fresh Brewed Coffee but it's not my favorite coffee from them.  I do prefer the Mt. Hazelnut one like Gail mentioned or Cafe Mocha is great too.  I agree Tinsel is amazing, such a unique fragrance!

Other ones not mentioned that I love are Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy, Elf Sweat, Reindeer Poo,  Apple Jack & Peel, Caramel Apple, Jack Frost, Fresh Outdoors.  I'm sure I'm missing some!

Edited by SuzyK
  • Like 1

Ok, now I feel like I need to try Tinsel. They do have some great unique fragrances!

@Belinda can you smell the booze in the Wassail? As in, I hope it's good and boozy! I just got FC's Golden Rum, and I swear I caught a buzz sniffing it! :) I love it when it smells like top-shelf stuff, and not like a frat house carpet. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, bfroberts said:

Belinda, I'm intrigued by Snickerdoodle latte.  Can you really pick up the coffee in it?  I'm looking for a new coffee based scent, and that sounds really nice.  

I can smell the coffee in it. I love it! I also love Aztec's French vanilla latte, JS's caramel cinnamon latte, coffee and ice cream if you're looking for coffee scents. Oh, and Flaming's Irish Cream coffee. I also like JS Snickers coffee and the one from Bulk. There are a few more but I can't think of them off the top of my head. Kona coffee and sugar cane come to mind but I'm not sure who has that one. JS maybe. 

5 hours ago, Sarah S said:

Ok, now I feel like I need to try Tinsel. They do have some great unique fragrances!

@Belinda can you smell the booze in the Wassail? As in, I hope it's good and boozy! I just got FC's Golden Rum, and I swear I caught a buzz sniffing it! :) I love it when it smells like top-shelf stuff, and not like a frat house carpet. 

I'm not sure if I smell booze in it, but since I hate the smell of alcohol and I do like the smell of the wassail my guess is, either I don't know what booze smells like or I can't smell it LOL! My thinking is that I don't smell any alcohol in it. I wouldn't like it if I did. I don't drink so maybe I'm just not sure what I'm smelling.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

@bfroberts..Running the risk of several repeats, I'll just list what I use and love.

Orange Danish

Blackberry Jam

Cranberry Cobbler

Raspberry Sorbet

Cranberry Balsam

Harvest

Home Sweet Home

Caramel Apple

Vanilla Lavender

Mountain Fresh

Boston Tea Party

Snow Angels

Clean Crisp Air

Clean Breeze

Fruity Rings

Butt Naked

Monkey Farts

Pomegranate

Pumpkin Crunch Cake

Island Fresh

Banana Pudding

Mayan Musk

Jade

Cinnamon Yum Yum

Coco Mango

Tulip

Yacht Club

Blue Agave

I know there are others that I use but I just had a huge brain fart.  Sorry.  When I think of them, I'll add to the list.

• Like 1

@soshiegirl  I have a few on your list.  My granddaughter and I especially love Coco Mango.  I didn't list all the wonderful spring/summer FO's I have from NG.  One of my best sellers is Eucalyptus & Spearmint. Another that sold really well at  the store of my wholesale account is Tropical Blast. Some others I like are:

Apple Orchard

Black Raspberry Vanilla

Cottage Breeze

Island Fresh

Juniper Breeze

Monkey Farts

Pearberry

Seaside

I have some I like OOB but haven't put in wax yet:

Apricot

Aloe & White Lilac

Nantucket Garden

Rosemary Mint

Tranquil Sleep

I don't care for floral scents but Honeysuckle, Lily of the Valley and Lilac have sold pretty well for me.

Can you tell I like Nature's Garden?  :) 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GailC said:

@soshiegirl  I have a few on your list.  My granddaughter and I especially love Coco Mango.  I didn't list all the wonderful spring/summer FO's I have from NG.  One of my best sellers is Eucalyptus & Spearmint. Another that sold really well at  the store of my wholesale account is Tropical Blast. Some others I like are:

Apple Orchard

Black Raspberry Vanilla

Cottage Breeze

Island Fresh

Juniper Breeze

Monkey Farts

Pearberry

Seaside

I have some I like OOB but haven't put in wax yet:

Apricot

Aloe & White Lilac

Nantucket Garden

Rosemary Mint

Tranquil Sleep

I don't care for floral scents but Honeysuckle, Lily of the Valley and Lilac have sold pretty well for me.

Can you tell I like Nature's Garden?  :) 

I forgot about Apricot.  Get on that!  You will not be sorry.

Just now, soshiegirl said:

I forgot about Apricot.  Get on that!  You will not be sorry.

I think I am going to blend it with Lavender.  I have some Lavender & Apricot lotion from BBW and I tried the Q-tip blend of the Apricot with one of the Lavenders I have and the result smelled very similar to my lotion, which is a very nice scent.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, franu61 said:

@soshiegirl I've wanted to try Jade and Blue agave.  Can you describe them please?  are they similar to each other?  Which one do you like best, how is the throw?  Thanks 

I really suck at this so bear with me.  Jade is more of clean "green" smelling scent and Blue agave is more of a softer green scent with floral undertones.  They do smell similar but Blue Agave outsells Jade for me.  I like them both (big help, right?).  Jade is an in your face thrower while Blue Agave is a milder, sneak up on you thrower.  

3 hours ago, soshiegirl said:

I really suck at this so bear with me.  Jade is more of clean "green" smelling scent and Blue agave is more of a softer green scent with floral undertones.  They do smell similar but Blue Agave outsells Jade for me.  I like them both (big help, right?).  Jade is an in your face thrower while Blue Agave is a milder, sneak up on you thrower.  

Thank you!  that is actually a big help!

7 hours ago, GailC said:

I think I am going to blend it with Lavender.  I have some Lavender & Apricot lotion from BBW and I tried the Q-tip blend of the Apricot with one of the Lavenders I have and the result smelled very similar to my lotion, which is a very nice scent.

@GailC  That combination sounds lovely.

• Like 1