Moonstar

I already have Backwoods Buttery GingerBread but Ive read that Gingerbread Spice from MMS The Sage is really good but Ive also read the same about NG Gingerbread ;)

BB also has a Gingersnap + WSP has a few as well lol ! Im wondering if they all smell + perform pretty much the same in wax. Is Gingerbread typically strong in wax ?

Anyone tried any of the above in wax or please add your favorite :) 

10 minutes ago, jennyjo said:

I love the Gingerbread Latte from Backwoods!! One of my all time favorites.

Do you use it in candles ? Im wondering if gingerbread  has that burnt note when its burning because its so spicy ? Thanks for chiming in :) I'll have to give that one try.

Its been a couple of years honestly. I am just getting back in to this obsession. However, I don't remember anything burnt. It was very pleasantly spicy; definitely smell the coffee too.  Good and strong! Let me know what you think.

And yes, used in candles with a parasoy blend and CD wicking

Edited by jennyjo
  • Thanks 1

I have to say, the Honey Gingerbread from Backwoods is still my #1 seller - all year long! lol.  It's got just the right amount of spice and sweet. If Backwoods has another Gingerbread FO - try it. They have some wonderful fragrances - and they perform well in IGI 6006 and IGI 4794 as well as the Golden Brand 464 and 444 (now AKA?) waxes.

I'm a little obsessed with Gingerbread and like everyone else have tested almost all of them.  Among my favorites are:

Rustic Escentuals Gingerbread - A milder and sweeter version of gingerbread with mild spice notes

JS Gingerbread House type - I really like this one too.  It's a dupe of Gold Canyon.  Right amount of spice.  Good throw.

MMS Gingerbread and Spice - winner, winner, chicken dinner.  Really good and strong.

NG Gingerbread - Very spicy and strong.  I sometimes think I detect a slightly bitter note to it but it may just be in my head

BW Gingerbread Latte - as Jennyjo said, it's really good.  It's always a top seller in Fall and Winter for me.

ICS Gingerbread (Snowtops version) - My favorite one of them all.  Nice and strong.

I want to say there are a few more that I'm not mentioning but am having a brain fart.  When I think of them, I'll post again.

6 hours ago, Traveler said:

I have to say, the Honey Gingerbread from Backwoods is still my #1 seller - all year long! lol.  It's got just the right amount of spice and sweet. If Backwoods has another Gingerbread FO - try it. They have some wonderful fragrances - and they perform well in IGI 6006 and IGI 4794 as well as the Golden Brand 464 and 444 (now AKA?) waxes.

@jennyjo  said  to also try Backwoods Gingerbread Latte.I hate when I want to start comparing the same FO from different suppliers. Its like the curiosity kicks in 

and I need to see for myself. What are your favorites from there. I know many like their Macintosh Apple too . Thanks for chiming in :) 

5 hours ago, soshiegirl said:

I'm a little obsessed with Gingerbread and like everyone else have tested almost all of them.  Among my favorites are:

Rustic Escentuals Gingerbread - A milder and sweeter version of gingerbread with mild spice notes

JS Gingerbread House type - I really like this one too.  It's a dupe of Gold Canyon.  Right amount of spice.  Good throw.

MMS Gingerbread and Spice - winner, winner, chicken dinner.  Really good and strong.

NG Gingerbread - Very spicy and strong.  I sometimes think I detect a slightly bitter note to it but it may just be in my head

BW Gingerbread Latte - as Jennyjo said, it's really good.  It's always a top seller in Fall and Winter for me.

ICS Gingerbread (Snowtops version) - My favorite one of them all.  Nice and strong.

I want to say there are a few more that I'm not mentioning but am having a brain fart.  When I think of them, I'll post again.

I can't get over how many FO's you've tried, lucky you lol ! Im going back n forth about the GB from MMS only because its so pricey. Im wondering how

different it is from the Buttery GB from BW. I looked on ICS , I believe theres only 1 but I don't recall it saying anything about Snowdrops, is it labeled that

way ? I don't always get an email back from her so not sure how id know that :( Is real really a difference between them all of these ? 

On 9/30/2017 at 8:34 PM, Moonstar said:

I can't get over how many FO's you've tried, lucky you lol ! Im going back n forth about the GB from MMS only because its so pricey. Im wondering how

different it is from the Buttery GB from BW. I looked on ICS , I believe theres only 1 but I don't recall it saying anything about Snowdrops, is it labeled that

way ? I don't always get an email back from her so not sure how id know that :( Is real really a difference between them all of these ? 

Moonstar, I feel you about the Gingerbread from MMS; it is super pricey.  I only purchased the smallest amount because of the cost.  As for ICS gingerbread, perhaps they dropped off the Snowtop name since they purchased them a long time ago.  I forgot to add, Maple Street has an amazing gingerbread.  To me, this might be the perfect gingerbread scent.  Having said that, it's more on the sweet side than spicy side.  Just so you know, ICS Gingerbread is spicy like NG.  JS is not as spicy as NG and ICS.  If you let me know if you're looking for more sweet or spicy, I can send you some samples to play with.  

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, soshiegirl said:

Moonstar, I feel you about the Gingerbread from MMS; it is super pricey.  I only purchased the smallest amount because of the cost.  As for ICS gingerbread, perhaps they dropped off the Snowtop name since they purchased them a long time ago.  I forgot to add, Maple Street has an amazing gingerbread.  To me, this might be the perfect gingerbread scent.  Having said that, it's more on the sweet side than spicy side.  Just so you know, ICS Gingerbread is spicy like NG.  JS is not as spicy as NG and ICS.  If you let me know if you're looking for more sweet or spicy, I can send you some samples to play with.  

Awww thank you 😊 nothing too sweet , so spicy I guess is a good 

way to put it . 

I'm going to sample the Ginger Spice from WSP to see how that goes -- I'm thinking it might mix well with perhaps pumpkin or orange.  It had good reviews overall, one describing it as:  "like gingerbread with vanilla" ... it sounds nice anyway.

Edited by birdcharm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/4/2017 at 11:13 AM, birdcharm said:

I'm going to sample the Ginger Spice from WSP to see how that goes -- I'm thinking it might mix well with perhaps pumpkin or orange.  It had good reviews overall, one describing it as:  "like gingerbread with vanilla" ... it sounds nice anyway.

I love, love, love Ginger Spice from WSP but it is just that--Ginger and Spice. I don't detect any bread or vanilla notes. It is one of my favorites, year round. 

• Like 1

I have gingerbread from Aztec and Buttery Gingerbread from Just Scent.  I don't care for either of them, especially the buttery gingerbread. Neither sold well.  I should maybe try another gingerbread you all are recommending.

Back in the fall, I did mix the Aztec Gingerbread with Pumpkin Souffle & a little Cake and customers liked it.