Peak Replacement testing results

kfintoni

This posted early this morning on Peaks FB page: 

Peak Candle Supplies

2 hrs · 

I will be reopening in 2-3 weeks. I'll only be able to offer fragrance oils, at first. If I am unable to stock something, I will give a link to someone who can. Additional information will be provided on my next newsletter. Please sign up if you haven't already. I thank everyone for their patience.

• Like 1

I like this news about them reopening but am a bit angry he did it this way. I know he has personal stuff going on but I know myself and probably thousands others have spent unnecessary money in testing oils to get ready for the upcoming busy holiday season. This makes me leary on how long he will stay open, hopefully it goes well and he will be open again for a very long time but I know I will be stockpiling the much needed fragrances while I can. 

Karen in MA

• Like 7

The whole thing just seems so unprofessional from start to finish, and frankly, that turns me off.  When they reopen, I will try to buy what I currently need to finish out this season, and then I think I will be moving on.

• Like 6

On 8/5/2017 at 11:33 AM, bfroberts said:

The whole thing just seems so unprofessional from start to finish, and frankly, that turns me off.  When they reopen, I will try to buy what I currently need to finish out this season, and then I think I will be moving on.

They did this EXACT sort of unprofessional way of business when they closed up (in the middle of the night) and left Colorado, and told nobody until after the fact. Took me a LONG time to get over that, and now this... *sigh* 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jcandleattic said:

They did this EXACT sort of unprofessional way of business when they closed up (in the middle of the night) and left Colorado, and told nobody until after the fact. Took me a LONG time to get over that, and now this... *sigh* 

Really, in the middle of the night 

very shady . Wonder why they did that ? 

I don't know how the fragrance business works but this part of Peak's owner Alan Wallace's answer regarding Peak offering oils again puzzles me: "I'll only be able to offer fragrance oils, at first. If I am unable to stock something, I will give a link to someone who can."  So he knows which other fragrance companies have the exact same oils Peak's had?

Goldie

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Really, in the middle of the night 

very shady . Wonder why they did that ? 

Well, no not literally. I need to be careful, I don't mean to start or spread rumors, but they didn't let anyone know in the Colorado area AT ALL until at/after the fact. They sent their newsletter saying they were closing either the day they closed or the day after they closed and had already packed and moved. That's all I meant about that. 

Sorry to be a rumor monger. 

On 8/7/2017 at 10:48 AM, Jcandleattic said:

You know Baltimore still holds a grudge against the Indianapolis Colts because they kinda did the same thing. :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GailC said:

You know Baltimore still holds a grudge against the Indianapolis Colts because they kinda did the same thing. :)

I bet that didn't put people's businesses and livelihoods in the lurch though, like upping and moving/closing so abruptly did for a lot of small businesses that relied on getting products from Peak.  I don't blame people for holding grudges against companies that do this. 

Just sayin'. 

;) 

Edited by Jcandleattic
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jcandleattic said:

I bet that didn't put people's businesses and livelihoods in the lurch though, like upping and moving/closing so abruptly did for a lot of small businesses that relied on getting products from Peak.  I don't blame people for holding grudges against companies that do this. 

Just sayin'. 

;) 

Actually I bet it did! Restaurants, hotels, parking, cleaning, etc. 

2 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

Actually I bet it did! Restaurants, hotels, parking, cleaning, etc. 

Yes, you are right, I'm sure it did impact businesses, however, I'm positive they had plenty of notice that this was happening. (Unlike what Peak did) The team had been talking about moving for at least the whole seasons before it happened, They moved at the end of the season, so they had the whole off-season to prepare.  

I understand the grudge, what I'm disputing is the amount of notice, and the way it was handled. And how it left people scrambling to find replacements. That's all... 

1 hour ago, Jcandleattic said:

Just sayin'. 

;) 

I'm not really comparing the two....it just made me think how the whole Baltimore/Indianapolis thing comes up whenever we play the Ravens.  In Baltimore, they won't even say "indianapolis" Colts.  They called us the Indiana Colts. :)  And a big moving van with their equipment really did leave Baltimore in the middle of the night way back when.

I haven't bought a lot of Peak's FO's.  Frankly they are so expensive, I usually get mine elsewhere.  But I have bought a lot of M&P base and jars there.  But after all this mess, don't think I'll be buying any more Amish Harvest from them.  :) 

They were supposed to send me some gold lids when they were back in stock to replace all the dinged up, scratched up ones I got in a shipment. But now I guess that will never happen, since they're just going to sell Fragrance oil for now.