Peak Replacement testing results

kfintoni

Hi all so since my last post about Peak was tremendous I figured I would start another. I just got my first order of scents to start testing for replacements. I have ordered from Indiana Candle, Elements, Wellington, Rustic Essentials, Bittercreek and The Chemistry Store. My order of Indiana came today: Almond Pastries, Holiday Cookie, Christmas Past, Christmas Wreath. Christmas Kitchen, Harvest, Glazed Cinnamon Donuts, Fireside and Sugar Cookie Dough. I was really hoping the Almond Pastry was gonna be close as it is the only place with it listed as the same name and it was not close at all. Of course I have not put any of these in wax but OOB they are not even close to what I needed from Peak, Almond Pastry, Cookies for Santa, Grandmas Egg Nog, Holiday Sparkle and Winter Wonderland.

Maybe people can continue here with their replacement testing orders and thoughts.

Karen in MA

I know that A LOT of crafters have generously offered samples to Maple Street Candle in order for them to dupe.  I don't know the time frame for that process, but I am hopeful at this point (or at least trying to be). :) 

I'm still trying to find a replacement for Tennessee's Pumpkin Pecan Waffle.  Has anyone found a close replacement for this yet?

18 minutes ago, MLG said:

I know that A LOT of crafters have generously offered samples to Maple Street Candle in order for them to dupe.  I don't know the time frame for that process, but I am hopeful at this point (or at least trying to be). :) 

I'm still trying to find a replacement for Tennessee's Pumpkin Pecan Waffle.  Has anyone found a close replacement for this yet?

I actually just sent 34 one ounce samples to Maple St today for duping.

Karen in MA

• Like 4

2 hours ago, kfintoni said:

Hi all so since my last post about Peak was tremendous I figured I would start another. I just got my first order of scents to start testing for replacements. I have ordered from Indiana Candle, Elements, Wellington, Rustic Essentials, Bittercreek and The Chemistry Store. My order of Indiana came today: Almond Pastries, Holiday Cookie, Christmas Past, Christmas Wreath. Christmas Kitchen, Harvest, Glazed Cinnamon Donuts, Fireside and Sugar Cookie Dough. I was really hoping the Almond Pastry was gonna be close as it is the only place with it listed as the same name and it was not close at all. Of course I have not put any of these in wax but OOB they are not even close to what I needed from Peak, Almond Pastry, Cookies for Santa, Grandmas Egg Nog, Holiday Sparkle and Winter Wonderland.

Maybe people can continue here with their replacement testing orders and thoughts.

Karen in MA

Just Scents has an Aspen Winter that is very similar to Peaks Winter Wonderland.  I got a bottle of Toasted Almond Crunch from Candle Cocoon's Scent Event a few years ago, and it is still strong! It would be a good replacement for Almond Pastries if we could find it.  

52 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

Being that Peak was a good company does anyone think 

they'll be bought by another company ? That's what I've heard anyhow, that there's already interested buyers ? 

We could hope, but I fear that the fact that the company has been closed will hinder buyers especially as time goes by.  Crafters will find other sources fairly quickly even if it means replacing with different products.

• Like 2

Just throwing this out here....out of bottle impressions...pretty close to what oil will be in wax? Wondering because maybe we could share sniffies and save each other time and money. Any thoughts?

I think Peaks Twilight Woods and Lonestars are the same but could use some professional noses...lol

I have many more samples coming

12 hours ago, kandlekrazy said:

We could hope, but I fear that the fact that the company has been closed will hinder buyers especially as time goes by.  Crafters will find other sources fairly quickly even if it means replacing with different products.

According to his personal Facebook page, they are entertaining all legit offers of purchase.  By the time any transaction closes, most of his scents will have been duped ~ how successfully remains to be seen :( 

24 minutes ago, MLG said:

According to his personal Facebook page, they are entertaining all legit offers of purchase.  By the time any transaction closes, most of his scents will have been duped ~ how successfully remains to be seen :( 

I totally agree. an awful lot of damage has been done.

18 hours ago, kfintoni said:

I actually just sent 34 one ounce samples to Maple St today for duping.

Karen in MA

KFintoni if you sent them 34 samples are you saying they are going to dupe them all for you?  Are they doing this for you without you ordering like a huge amount like 10 to 25 pounds of EACH scent?

Trappeur

18 hours ago, MLG said:

The first PPW I bought was from Cierra and I loved it. I used it all then ordered it from Tennessee and as far as I can remember, they smelled the same.  I know I really like them both and so do my customers.

• Like 1

I just got an order from Maple Street and their Cherry Almond is very close to Peak's Almond Pastries. Not quite exact but better than other almond types I've tried so far. Their Macintosh Apple is also pretty close. However, their Twilight Woods is kinda close but doesn't quite hit the mark. Lone Star's Twilight Woods is almost exactly the same as Peak's though, in my opinion, as is their Macintosh Apple. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, kandlekrazy said:

Ya I guess your right . Wishful thinking on my part.

10 hours ago, Trappeur said:

KFintoni if you sent them 34 samples are you saying they are going to dupe them all for you?  Are they doing this for you without you ordering like a huge amount like 10 to 25 pounds of EACH scent?

Trappeur

They are not being duped just for me. He asked people what they would like duped and of course many spoke up. Of course I did not have samples of what I was looking to be duped specifically but if my samples help someone else out then all is good. I do believe he said on Facebook that some samples have already been sent out to be duped. He has not said how many he plans on carrying at this time.

Karen in MA

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MLG said:

yeah you are right :( it has to be seen .....

On 8/1/2017 at 5:30 PM, lumoscandles said:

I just got an order from Maple Street and their Cherry Almond is very close to Peak's Almond Pastries. Not quite exact but better than other almond types I've tried so far. Their Macintosh Apple is also pretty close. However, their Twilight Woods is kinda close but doesn't quite hit the mark. Lone Star's Twilight Woods is almost exactly the same as Peak's though, in my opinion, as is their Macintosh Apple. 

I agree on the Lone Star Twilight Woods

So I got my order from Bitter Creek today and their Cookies for Santa was not even close. My daughter thought the egg nog had a high alcohol smelling content just like booze she said. On a side note the Honey Pear Cider smelled heavenly OOB.

Karen in MA

On 8/1/2017 at 6:30 PM, lumoscandles said:

Have you tried the Macintosh apple from CS- its really good & nice n strong too, but in a good way. Actually all of the apple ones from CS are great.

If you order, try out the apple & bourbon too, really nice.

• Like 2

On 7/31/2017 at 6:21 PM, MLG said:

I switched to FB for my PPW, that's the closest one I found so far to TCS.

• Like 1