Room spray

3 hours ago, Flicker said:

I buy my base from Steve at The Candlemakers Store. It's awesome! Used it for about 15 years.

Is it the body spray/air freshener base ? thats the only one I see on there ? Does it hold fragrance well + last when you spray it ?

Ive used others before and they didn't work as well as I hoped. thanks again :) 

Edited by Moonstar

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 5:38 PM, Moonstar said:

Is it the body spray/air freshener base ? thats the only one I see on there ? Does it hold fragrance well + last when you spray it ?

Yes and it's amazing! Just like Bath and Body works body spray. Works great for both!

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 5:38 PM, Moonstar said:

Lasts forever! It's awesome! Used it about 15 years retail and wholesale both and use myself! :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/3/2017 at 8:50 AM, TallTayl said:

I use the modifier base from aromahaven/rustic escentuals, water and perfumers alcohol. Crystal clear, carries into the air well and stays on clothing, skin, hair very well. 

What base do you add this to ? Ive had the hydrating botanical mist + AC+E lotion in my cart from essentials by catalina but debating on getting because the 

shipping to me is $30 + - both are gallons though. I know Ive read how much you guys love that mist. Is it worth it ? I was told I would need to add poly 20 to 

it if I add more than 1% FO/EO - would adding that change how the mist feels on the skin ? Thank you in advance :) 

• 6 months later...
On 5/13/2017 at 7:11 PM, Karen M said:

I only make them for myself, but I use cyclo, fractioned coconut oil, and FO.

May I ask what ratios of cyclo and fractionated coconut oil you use. Does the FCO leave the skin oily at all ? This will be for personal + family use.

1 hour ago, Moonstar said:

May I ask what ratios of cyclo and fractionated coconut oil you use. Does the FCO leave the skin oily at all ? This will be for personal + family use.

Moonstar, obviously I can't speak for the OP, but I make a dry body oil for myself with the same ingredients. The ratio really depends on the season for me. In the summer, I'll go something like 60% Cyclo, 38% FCO, 2% FO. In the winter it may be more like 30% Cyclo, 60% FCO, 8% rice bran oil, 2% FO.

To me, the Cyclo feels drier than the FCO. The FCO is very light, but a little more slippery. Both do leave my skin slightly oily for a few minutes, but it dries very quickly. The higher % of Cyclo dries faster for me. In the winter I like to add a pinch of light oil like RBO because my skin is drier overall, but I do need to rub it in well as it is oiler and it will transfer to clothes if I'm not careful.

HTH!

1 hour ago, craftyzke said:

For those who use the Fragrance Oil Modifier from Rustic Essentials, can you help? I'm a little confused about the ratios to use when adding it to my product. Thanks!

I have not used that product, but I believe @TallTayl has a lot of experience with it, hopefully she will pop in and be able to help.

I agree, it's a little confusing the way RE has it written out in the product description.

From what I have read up on you need to list if it is alcohol or water as a base and then you can put just fragrance oil's. If you are using essential oils you might want to list that from a marketing perspective.

https://www.fda.gov/Cosmetics/ProductsIngredients/Ingredients/ucm388821.htm#labeling

This is in the USA. If you are planning to sell in Europe you need to have any possible allergens on there but you can then label accordingly when you ship overseas. 

• 2 months later...
On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 5:29 AM, Moonstar said:

Moonstar I use 1 oz FCO, 1 oz or less (deoends on FO) and 2 oz Cyclo, all in a 4oz spray bottle. It isn't oily to me, but I am making my room sprays mostly. I usually use perfumers base to make my body spray.

Karen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1