Suggestions for orange creamsicle or dreamsicle?

Trappeur

36 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

I don't know where to even go to so I would like to know of suggestions to get a great orange creamsicle or dreamsicle?

Thanks a bunch!

Trappeur

WSP has one that has really good reviews and it's reasonably priced. JS has one too and I have that one. It's been awhile since I poured it but from what I remember it smells pretty good. RE has one too but I haven't used that one.

HTH

• Like 1

Ive only used and tried Fillmores. OOB I didn't care for it, to me it had a sharp orange note and not enough sweet. You might like it though. 

I did try it in wax melts + it didn't change my mind very much, somewhat better but not what I was looking for. It was strong though :) 

Also, WSP has a orange vanilla cream, I really wanna try that one since it has many good reviews. If you still have the sample of the blood orange 

I sent you from CS you could even try mixing maybe some vanilla and see what you think or some of RE cake even and see what happens ? 

Another one that Id like to try from WSP is Raspberry Rose Hibiscus Tea and Iced Tea Twist + Lemon + Verbena Type + Pink Lemonade lol ! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Belinda said:

WSP has one that has really good reviews and it's reasonably priced. JS has one too and I have that one. It's been awhile since I poured it but from what I remember it smells pretty good. RE has one too but I haven't used that one.

HTH

Belinda, what did you think of the Baking Cupcakes - Do you think its basically a cake FO ? I always wondered if theres a difference between cake FO's and 

cupcake FO's ? Maybe its just marketing ploys to offer more ???? 

49 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

Ive only used and tried Fillmores. OOB I didn't care for it, to me it had a sharp orange note and not enough sweet. You might like it though. 

I did try it in wax melts + it didn't change my mind very much, somewhat better but not what I was looking for. It was strong though :) 

Also, WSP has a orange vanilla cream, I really wanna try that one since it has many good reviews. If you still have the sample of the blood orange 

I sent you from CS you could even try mixing maybe some vanilla and see what you think or some of RE cake even and see what happens ? 

Another one that Id like to try from WSP is Raspberry Rose Hibiscus Tea and Iced Tea Twist + Lemon + Verbena Type + Pink Lemonade lol ! 

I never did put the blood orange into wax Moonstar, but that is a good idea mixing vanilla.  Matter of fact, I'm going to do it right now.  Out of the bottle I find Blood Orange to be very strong?  Is it?  Do you suggest to do maybe 60 vanilla and 40 blood orange if it is that strong?  Have you tried that?

Trappeur

• Like 1

One of my favorite scents is Peaks Vanilla Bean Nectarine. And it smells more orange than nectarine to my nose. I would think if you added a bit of good orange scent to it, that would be great. 

I have Tarocco orange from FC. Meh. Not that great of an orange scent. But then I am picky - I have orange trees. :)

'Fresh Orange' from Indiana Candle is worse. More like grapefruit, which I personally strongly dislike.

'Orange Blossom' from Aztec, OOB, smells really, really nice. More like orange than blossom, which in this case might be what is better.

Later today, with my last bit of precious Vanilla Bean Nectarine, coupled with Aztec's Orange Blossom, I'll whip up a couple votives and report.

I think I've always been afraid that the orange dreamsicles are going to smell like those marshmallowy orange candies (can't think of the name of them) ... so I've stayed away from it.  The best sweet orange scent I've ever had came from Alabaster (now Community), but they discontinued it years ago!  It was called Orangelade ... maybe I can find another one some day.  I agree that if you can find an orange you really like, to try mixing it.  Besides a touch of vanilla, I would think that a real sweet Creme Brulee might also be part of the trick.  Now I'd like an Orange Julius (a west coast specialty I believe ... don't like there anymore!)

• Like 1

I've used Bittercreeks and The Candle Source Dreamsicle, Creamsicle and liked them both.  Not sure if Bittercreek still carries it, I haven't ordered from them in a long time.

It's probably a scent I need to reintroduce for Spring, it was a good seller and I dropped it when I ran out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trappeur said:

I never did put the blood orange into wax Moonstar, but that is a good idea mixing vanilla.  Matter of fact, I'm going to do it right now.  Out of the bottle I find Blood Orange to be very strong?  Is it?  Do you suggest to do maybe 60 vanilla and 40 blood orange if it is that strong?  Have you tried that?

Trappeur

I haven't tried it in wax but I absolutely love that one. There's 

no fake , cheap smell there . If you first tried 50/50 and let it sit for a few days couldn't you just add more vanilla to bring it down to 

more of a 60/40 ratio ?? Let us know how your blend turns out.

For entertainment purposes: 

So I asked myself, why am I buying orange scents trying to find 'a good one' (which I'm sure exists) when I have trees with ripe fruits with peels filled with natural, unsprayed essential oils? So I went out found 5 Valencias that the wind had knocked loose...  Zested them with a microplane, further mashed the zest in a mortar/pestle, but not so much that I formed an emulsion. Put in a glass jar, then covered with very light almond oil. The mixture was towards the thick side so there would be a higher % of orange oils. It was about the texture of cooked oatmeal.

After about 3 hours (it should go much longer) I decided to make a couple candles with it. I decanted some of the oil, which in that short of a time, was already orange in color and smelling fantastic. There were still bits of peel in it, but I was intending to strain them out (which I did when in the hot wax). I did a mix of orange oil and vanilla, 2:1. The candles (votives) are cooling now. And after topping off, I'll burn 'em.  No curing, lol.

I have no clue if this will work, or if the natural orange scent will last. I might have just wasted some time and wax, but it's been fun. If this works, I've got my eye on the lime and lemon trees....  and the Mexican sage (now blooming), and rosemary, and lavender, and calendulas, and lemon eucalyptus...... 

8 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Belinda, what did you think of the Baking Cupcakes - Do you think its basically a cake FO ? I always wondered if theres a difference between cake FO's and 

cupcake FO's ? Maybe its just marketing ploys to offer more ???? 

I don't think I've put it in wax yet but it smells ok OOB. Nothing that knocks my socks off but you know how that can change once in wax. I haven't poured much of anything since the holidays. My wax room is such a mess and I need to straighten it up LOL! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Moonstar said:

I haven't tried it in wax but I absolutely love that one. There's 

no fake , cheap smell there . If you first tried 50/50 and let it sit for a few days couldn't you just add more vanilla to bring it down to 

more of a 60/40 ratio ?? Let us know how your blend turns out.

Well I made a 3 wick candle yesterday and now it is curing.

I think we have the same taste Moonstar when it come-to fragrance oils but this this one...Personally Blood Orange is very strong and super sharp and tangy.  Too sharp for me but I went ahead and did a blend.....wait till you hear this....  

For 1 pound of wax:

.2 in Blood Orange

.2 in Cake from CS

.2 in Birthday cake from RE

.4 in Mrs. Claus Cookies from NG 

.2 in Snickerdoodle from CS

So I wound up for 1 pound of wax I used 1.2 in oil.....

It smells nice....and I wanted to really tone down the Blood Orange to try and make this like one of those ice creams - "orange vanilla".  I was really looking to make this a nice creamy sweet delicate orangy vanilly fragrance.  Even using the .2 in Blood orange, I can smell the orange but it is faint which I wanted but it believe it or not with such a small percentage used and all the other vanilla fragrance added the Blood orange you can still detect as "sharp".  So we shall see after I let it cure for 2 weeks.  On another note WSP has 2 oils that sound like what I'm looking for; the one you saw Orange Vanilla and I saw another one.

Trappeur

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Well I made a 3 wick candle yesterday and now it is curing.

I think we have the same taste Moonstar when it come-to fragrance oils but this this one...Personally Blood Orange is very strong and super sharp and tangy.  Too sharp for me but I went ahead and did a blend.....wait till you hear this....  

For 1 pound of wax:

.2 in Blood Orange

.2 in Cake from CS

.2 in Birthday cake from RE

.4 in Mrs. Claus Cookies from NG 

.2 in Snickerdoodle from CS

So I wound up for 1 pound of wax I used 1.2 in oil.....

It smells nice....and I wanted to really tone down the Blood Orange to try and make this like one of those ice creams - "orange vanilla".  I was really looking to make this a nice creamy sweet delicate orangy vanilly fragrance.  Even using the .2 in Blood orange, I can smell the orange but it is faint which I wanted but it believe it or not with such a small percentage used and all the other vanilla fragrance added the Blood orange you can still detect as "sharp".  So we shall see after I let it cure for 2 weeks.  On another note WSP has 2 oils that sound like what I'm looking for; the one you saw Orange Vanilla and I saw another one.

Trappeur

Keep us posted. Your blend sounds really good !

Will do Moonstar!

Thankyou Traveler.  You know I need to get some things ordered from Bittercreek...I really do.   They are a real nice company that I think makes great quality oils.  I can't think I was ever dissatisfied with anything from them  I will order that Dreamsicle like you suggested.  They also have a super hot apple pie and other things.

Thanks.

Trappeur

16 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

Don't know how I missed that one. I only saw Orange Vanilla Cream . Thank you :) 

You're welcome ! That's funny because before you asked me which one, I went to check to be sure, cause I didn't know that there was an orange cream, lol !

i need to add that one to my list of oils to try :)

• Like 1

On 2/20/2017 at 0:14 PM, kandlekrazy said:

I've used Bittercreeks and The Candle Source Dreamsicle, Creamsicle and liked them both.  Not sure if Bittercreek still carries it, I haven't ordered from them in a long time.

It's probably a scent I need to reintroduce for Spring, it was a good seller and I dropped it when I ran out.

I totally agree with Kandlekrazy, the Candle Source Orange Dreamsicle is so good.  I keep 8 ozs of this just for me at all times along with their sweet juicy cherry (to die for!).

• Like 1