logo reworked

Hi all-

Ok here is the hanging tag I am liking. I know the font was/is a little hard to read, but its the only one that is giving me the organic earthy feel I am looking for. At least with the website listed at the bottom people have to figure it out (right?!). Thoughts?

IMG_6559.JPG

Do we get a choice to pick from?  Your very first hang tag you put up in January would be my first pick for style.

This one is still nice though.  Now what I like what you have changed from the original tag was you changing colors and bringing in the blue.  I love love that.  I know your business name is "use those blues" because I have seen the original tag.  If you didn't have your web address on this tag which shows your name, you wouldn't know what your business name is because it looks like nge and then thoge.  How bought any other fonts that are cool looking?

Also not that it makes much difference or maybe it is kinda minute.....but to me, you are duplicating the same thing on the front of this tag where you say "l00% hand poured" at the top of the label and then when you get to the bottom of the label you went and said "handcrafted" candles. To me it says the same thing but you have said it twice.     Now to me me,  and if it was me doing a tag for myself, I would change one of those areas and put in some different writing of some sort....

Great job though and really do love your hang tag.

Trappeur

• Like 1

I had the same issue with the font.  I like it but it's difficult to read and you want people to know at a glance the scent name and your company name.  There is a font called Olive Oil that I use quite a bit because it's different but still very legible.  Sometimes you have to look for a font online and download it because not everything comes with programs you can print your labels & tags with.  Love your colors, very soothing and earthy.

Yeah that font only for "Coconut Lemon Grass" and "Use Those Blues" is death to the tag. I totally get the Florida vibe, but maybe something like http://www.fontspace.com/mistis-fonts/ships-in-the-night  or http://www.fontspace.com/billy-argel/candy-inc would be better?  You gotta be able to read it instantly whatever you settle on. 
The "Candy Inc" font i think really fits, but I'm just one great big pee puddle of Bad Ideas...

YMWV,

Sponiebr: THE Executor of Bad Ideas and Sundry Services. 

• Like 1

Just to toss another thought in there ... do you want people to remember how long these burn or your name? 

Outside of reading it as coconnt (co Konnt variation of female anatomy part possibly) and having to struggle with the font ... you can still do cute and cool and use a different font. 

Here's what I think about 100% hand poured ... so what. If you're going to introduce this to the market, why confuse an already confused public? Simply stating it's handmade is enough ... get a made in Florida stamp. I think all the states have something like that. 

My point about picking on those two items is this ... don't clog the front of your label. Give it a clean look and don't make everything more important than your business name. 

• Like 1

I agree with everyone else here.  While that font has a certain feel you might be going for, there are many, many other similar fonts that are easier to read.  If someone else hadn't pointed it out, I still wouldn't be able to read your business name.

Another thing - the phrase "100% hand poured" doesn't really make sense to me.  You wouldn't only hand-pour half of the candle, so it seems unnecessary. "Handcrafted" at the bottom of your tag gets the point across much better! :)  Something like "100% soy wax" would work (for example, if you were using 100% soy).  

2 hours ago, Sponiebr said:

Yeah that font only for "Coconut Lemon Grass" and "Use Those Blues" is death to the tag. I totally get the Florida vibe, but maybe something like http://www.fontspace.com/mistis-fonts/ships-in-the-night  or http://www.fontspace.com/billy-argel/candy-inc would be better?  You gotta be able to read it instantly whatever you settle on. 
The "Candy Inc" font i think really fits, but I'm just one great big pee puddle of Bad Ideas...

YMWV,

Sponiebr: THE Executor of Bad Ideas and Sundry Services. 

What a great site Sponey!  I could get lost there for days...........Geesh I wished I could use them with Zazzle but can't!

TRAPPEUR

• Like 1

For example, here's a font similar style to the one you are using: https://creativemarket.com/genesislab/372755-Austtria-Script-Letter-30off

It does have a small price tag, but you'll have the comfort of knowing you're legally allowed to use the font commercially!  

Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 9.01.01 PM.png

Edited by ehatch1
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Scented said:

Just to toss another thought in there ... do you want people to remember how long these burn or your name? 

Outside of reading it as coconnt (co Konnt variation of female anatomy part possibly) and having to struggle with the font ... you can still do cute and cool and use a different font. 

Here's what I think about 100% hand poured ... so what. If you're going to introduce this to the market, why confuse an already confused public? Simply stating it's handmade is enough ... get a made in Florida stamp. I think all the states have something like that. 

My point about picking on those two items is this ... don't clog the front of your label. Give it a clean look and don't make everything more important than your business name. 

I thought the same thing too about the hours as you Scented.  For me personally, I don't care about the hours...just want to like the scent.   And not to laugh....as I'm not making fun of your label what so ever Myrtle....I think also as Scented........ who cares if it is hand poured versus machine poured....I don't....I hope you don't think that we are all picking apart your label.  We all suggest things in the good sense.  Geesh when ever I put up pictures of label designs for people to critique I don't take it personally.  You all can knock yourselves out when you critique me!    We are our own worst critic.  I'm such a fanatic, it's disgusting!  Sometimes we get so involved we don't see things as others might see.  And that's why we are all here anyway.....to help one another and have fun....I know I do!

Again your label is totally awesome with that little seedling and what it stands for makes it even more beautiful even if no one knows the reason behind it or what it stands for.  I find your label very professional and like I said love your colorway.   Now to me an awesome looking label like what you have created would make me stop in my tracks to look at the candle.  And if someone went to the effort to create a dynamite label like you are doing, then I would think your candle has to be pretty awesome to burn and I would buy the candle alone for the sheer fact of a great looking product.....that's after I picked out a scent I liked.

Trappeur

• Like 1

Hi!

My intent is not to discourage you but to push your design to a greater level. Below I have a line of questions that you should ask yourself to determine what you want your label to look like and how it will be perceived by your customers. This is subjective, my opinion.

I would consider swapping out the brush-script font with one that is more legible. Your body copy is good although a bit "wordy". Maybe removing or simplifying the "100% Hand-Poured in Clear Water Beach, Florida"  would help. Is "100% Hand Poured" needed and if so does "in Clear Water Beach, Florida" need to follow or can it be placed elsewhere on the label, perhaps under the logo>? Next I wonder if flip-flopping the candle scent name and your logo would make a better design. Something to toy with. Ideally, the brand should be the first thing people "see". Your color scheme is good although you might want to add a contrasting element, either in the form of a new font choice that vastly differs from your copy font, or with a complementary color (something in the orange family) or some other contrasting element. Consider what's the most important in info for your labels and the least important. Don't feel compelled to take up every inch of space on your label. This is a common mistake (not that you did it here) that even commercial companies will do, thinking they have to fill the entire format to get their message across.  The goal is to have a clean design with an eye catching logo and simplistic, quick to read label info. You're nearly there! It's looking good. Just need to clean it up a bit. If using "Clearwater Beach Florida" as the building block of your design's theme; what other elements besides color would emphasize this theme and harmoniously complement your company name?

Cheers!

Edited by rctfavr3
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ehatch1 said:

For example, here's a font similar style to the one you are using: https://creativemarket.com/genesislab/372755-Austtria-Script-Letter-30off

It does have a small price tag, but you'll have the comfort of knowing you're legally allowed to use the font commercially!  

Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 9.01.01 PM.png

I like that font....I can read it much better.

Trappeur

• Like 2

As a recruiter told me long ago about a resume, advice that applies to very well to labeling, for Font choices it is better to be legible than fancy. 

i didn't say it a the time, but Scented's cokunnt is what I read too. Thought it was just me... 

• Like 1