Pictures of Valentine's Day canning jars completed & delivered

Trappeur

Thought I would share pictures of the canning jars completed and delivered to my Apple orchard account for Valentine's Day.

I went with the 2 different labels as everyone saw on a previous thread.  I did these 32 oz canning jars and 8oz tins for a Christmas collection and they were well received and sold very fast, so I did a collection for Valentines Day.  They loved them so I was very happy with that.

This is a 32oz canning jar of which I put the label on the 2 piece lid that comes with the jars as I can buy them in the grocery stores of Dollar store and not have any shipping and prices are cheap for a set of 12.  I would have liked to have gone with a nice old timey lid on the canning jar but it is a wide mouth and I can't find so I did them this way.  The lid and rings are silver which the label has silver in it.

So......wax is 464 - I use 1 cd20 wick and they all have my little embed sitting on top of the wax.

I found in the Dollar store these little red glitter things of which I modge podged to the glass so each jar is a little different.

The tin is a 8oz from Flaming...

I wholesale the 32oz canning jars for 20.00 each and they retail for 29.00

I wholesale the 8oz tin for 6.00 and they retail for 10.99

CIMG8723.jpg

Close up of tin:

CIMG8724.jpg

This is the lid that goes on the canning jar.  I really bothers me that when applying the label because there is a little flair up dip on the edge the label has just a couple little creases but I smoothed the best I could and really you don't even notice it when you look at the jar.  And no one has ever said anything about it.  So it is what it is.....

CIMG8730.jpg

I did a custom blend of vanilla bean noel, lovely lilace from CC and Gardenia and couldn't think of a floral name so came up with "Floral Petals" and then did a catchy saying underneath the name of "From me to you".....lol  

CIMG8725.jpg

Another tin.  I love Peach Nectar from CS and just renamed it to "Sweet Georgia Peach"

CIMG8733.jpg

On this canning jar I went with just 1 red emblem which I modge podged on.

When I attached the ribbons on the necks of the jars I know how people when they pickup the jars the ribbons get abused and at times get the bows pulled out and they look real crappy looking.  When I had my shop I could fix the jars immediately and keep my eyes on them, but being I sell to shops and am not working there I really have no control over how the candles are abused.  So after I tied the bow, I put little dabs of super glue behind the backs of bows and pushed them into the ribbon band so now, no one can rip apart my bows! lol

CIMG8734.jpg

All the embeds are different.   What ever I grab first....lol

CIMG8712.jpg

Breakfast time.....lol

CIMG8575.jpg

CIMG8569.jpg

Now here is a picture of a possum who comes to eat with the cats.  I have walked out to feed the cats and not only are all of them sitting and running around to be fed, but there is also a possum who waits.  One day I was looking and counting heads of who was eating and mixed in amongst this bunch is a possum right in there sides touching sides as they all eat together...Then one day a couple of weeks ago I'm standing on the porch looking at the cats laying in their beds and wow and behold but what do I see?A possum sleeping in one of the cat beds......so I snapped a picture and poor thing...I woke him up.....I thought I had seen it all till I saw the possum sleeping....

CIMG8524_1.jpg

Here is Bart again (the orange one).  He has 1 sister and 1 brother.

This is his sister Maggie who fetches.   I'll put up a video...you will crack up when you see this cat Maggie fetching.

CIMG7754.jpg

And this is Barts brother, "Coal".

CIMG7894.jpg

Thanks for looking.....

Trappeur

• Like 13

Awesome job! Those candles look fabulous ?

I cannot believe you have a possum ?

I had one once living in my hay but it was sick and ate its own tail laying there while we tried to figure out what to do, we were told they carry disease that's very harmful to horses if they ingest any droppings so be careful.....I can't get over how the cats accept it and it has accepted them ?

The gray and tan cat - more spotted I want a close up of that one - I love those colors and have my eye out for another Doxie dappled like that 

17 hours ago, moonshine said:

Awesome job! Those candles look fabulous ?

I cannot believe you have a possum ?

I had one once living in my hay but it was sick and ate its own tail laying there while we tried to figure out what to do, we were told they carry disease that's very harmful to horses if they ingest any droppings so be careful.....I can't get over how the cats accept it and it has accepted them ?

The gray and tan cat - more spotted I want a close up of that one - I love those colors and have my eye out for another Doxie dappled like that 

Here is the gray and tan cat "Freckles" Moonshine...

She was a feral I trapped and rescued who I was going to release back into a feral colony once I got her fixed.....but she never made it back to the colony but guess where? lol

CIMG1646_2.jpg

CIMG1650.jpg

CIMG2235_2.jpg

CIMG7479.jpg

CIMG7483.jpg

• Like 4

Thankyou everyone for all your lovely comments....sure do appreciate them!

Moonshine, what would you say what type cat Freckles is?  Calico? hmmmmm I don't know....just a hodge podge, I guess....

Thankyou too for the compliment on Freckles....she is a great cat....Now her personality is she is a lover....and she tries to be the cock of the walk.  She can get away with it with a lot of the other cats, especially over the younger ones.  And when she is inside and I let a few of the others come in...oh boy, can she be an instigator!  And she loves to eat eat eat.....and she tries to move in on the others when eating.  Now a couple of my cats who I have to let them eat by themselves so the others don't come in and glom their foods, ......well all I have to do is just look at Freckles in a way and she will stop in her tracks and sit right at the dish where the other cat is eating and wait till I just give her approval that she can eat out of the same bowl as the others.  She is very smart and can be sneaky too.....lol

Trappeur

I think she is a tortoise shell- a rare type you don't see often and they usually are always female and sterile -  those colors are just beautiful 

she sounds like quite the little stinker but knows her boundaries! Lol

a friend of mine has tons of barn cats and I'm pretty sure she told me those colored like that are worth money because they are so rare, not that you would sell her but she is a prize to have! And I was told it's a result of a calico breeding with a calico....true or not ? Not sure 

Edited by moonshine

Yes, I believe you are right now that you say tortoise shell.....I have heard the exact same and just like what you said, you pretty much only see them in just females...thanks for enlightening me again...

oh b/4 I forget....you mentioned in another post to be careful withthe possums around the horses because of sickness.....no worry because there are no possums at the barn with the horses - I don't store any hay there either or feed.  I keep it at my house.  Well, I'm sure there are possums everywhere but the possums in the picture are just at my house....I didn't know about how horses could get sick from them.....Thankyou for thinking of me!

Trapp

I didn't know it either my vet told me when my horse Roy got sick and passed away...their first thought was possum poop or rabies but it turned out it was his gut had basically exploded, he showed no signs of colic and he did that often but he was on antibiotics from a tooth being pulled and we think it was to much for him with the other conditions they found in the autopsy he had developed from age and many years being a roping horse ?

So yes your welcome letting you know- they are cute little creatures and I still can't believe it thinks it's a cat ?

The candles are gorgeous! So festive and inviting. I'm sure your wholesale account loved them!

Beautiful cat pics. I have to say my fav is the tuxedo. I am a big fan of tuxedo tabbys. I just love the black and white and white socks. The possum is a hoot! Does he think he's a cat? Have you named the possum yet?

• 1 year later...

Oh thankyou Laura!   I need to post the latest pictures of the possum right in there amongst the 20 something cats all eating together.   It's a hoot...when my sisters were here after I got out of the hospital, they were feeding all my cats for me and one of my sisters came in the door and says to me, she has never in her life said that a possum could be as beautiful with what hair they have as this one baby possum that comes to eat.   She lives in Texas and said the possums there are ugly, pugly, but Georgia possums are really different....or then my possums are different.....well, heck I wonder why?   They get the royal treatment here these possums and cats eating like the way they have me trained...the little kings and queens...I swear.    Only thing I can say is that if we come back into this world to live a second life, I sure hope I find someone like me to take up with and feed and take care of me......lol   Remind me to put up latest pictures.

Trappeur

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thanks Laura....

Yeah, I was tootling around with pictures this morning trying to get some new style labels for a new account and was just piddling looking for some decent pictures of me since I've been sick and look like death warmed over nowadays and this one was recent a couple months ago.   Actually this was one of those glamour shots where you can pickout an outfit.   have cut my hair since and had makeup on in this picture and a hat.   I live in baseball caps as I hate my hair.   Speaking of hair...with doing chemo I keep waiting for the day I wake up in the morning and see all my hair laying on my pillow or fallout in the shower but it hasn't happened yet....I'm thankful for that, believe me.

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Laura C said:

@Trappeur your pets are lucky to have you as their Mommy. :thumbsup:  I noticed you changed your profile pic, it's a great picture.

I love your new picture too Laura and have been meaning to tell you that.....what a great hair cut.....I used to wear my hair like that for years....

You are so very very pretty!

Trappeur

4 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Thanks Laura....

Yeah, I was tootling around with pictures this morning trying to get some new style labels for a new account and was just piddling looking for some decent pictures of me since I've been sick and look like death warmed over nowadays and this one was recent a couple months ago.   Actually this was one of those glamour shots where you can pickout an outfit.   have cut my hair since and had makeup on in this picture and a hat.   I live in baseball caps as I hate my hair.   Speaking of hair...with doing chemo I keep waiting for the day I wake up in the morning and see all my hair laying on my pillow or fallout in the shower but it hasn't happened yet....I'm thankful for that, believe me.

Trappeur

Well it's a great glamour shots picture, you look beautiful and you are a beautiful lady inside and out. I hope the chemo does it's job but that it isn't too rough on you. Stay strong.

4 hours ago, Trappeur said:

I love your new picture too Laura and have been meaning to tell you that.....what a great hair cut.....I used to wear my hair like that for years....

You are so very very pretty!

Trappeur

Oh thank you, you're so sweet. That picture is about 4 years old, I do have my hair blond again but it's a little longer, for right now but I do love short hair. I change my hair all the time and I love red hair but my husband likes my hair blond. :P