Pillar candle pottery

TallTayl

So, one of the goals I had last summer was to design and create ceramic holders for my beeswax pillar candles. While many people love pillar candles, too many of my customers fear pillars. They want to burn them though, so here's the first round.

i gathered leaves from my yard, field and gardens, weeds from woodland walks, etc and pressed them into very wet wheel thrown clay pots. Once they dry, I fire to harden them up, apply an iron oxide stain and glaze. Then they go for a second firing in the 2300 degree kiln. My garden weeds are immortalized now. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by TallTayl
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, puma52 said:

Wow Talltayl....I am SO LOVING this show and tell on your beautiful creations!!! :) Keep showing please! LOVE!!

Oh Puma, I think you may get sick of it soon.... Today I officially purchased a shiny new kiln!!! Should be here in about 2-3 weeks. Then I will have zero excuses to not make more stuff. So many ideas in my head it's boggling. :D

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

Oh Puma, I think you may get sick of it soon.... Today I officially purchased a shiny new kiln!!! Should be here in about 2-3 weeks. Then I will have zero excuses to not make more stuff. So many ideas in my head it's boggling. :D

Never!!!! Never I tell ya will I ever get tired of lookin' at other people's pretty stuff!! :) New kiln? Making more stuff.....hmmmm..... :)

Edited by puma52
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Candybee said:

Those are beautiful! I just love that you incorporated organics into your work. Didn't know you could do that with clay pottery.

The great thing about ceramics is you can do just about anything you can imagine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...