A friend of mine recently asked if I had a candle similar to BBW Home's  "London Calling - Tea & Lemon", as it was her favorite and discontinued.  Has anyone duped this or have suggestions?  I'll probably end up ordering black tea and lemon fragrances separately to test a few out, but I thought I'd ask!

I am looking into Candle Soylutions' "southern iced tea", maybe mixing with a touch of lemon drop.  Haven't dug very far into options for mixing yet.  I will look up the ice tea twist, thanks for the suggestion!

Daystars black tea is awesome - not overpowering and smells like southern sweet tea to me 

You could add some lemon to that 

I didn't not know WSP Had a iced tea twist....next order I may need to add that to the cart 

Edited by moonshine
  • Like 1

Thanks for the suggestion, Moonshine.  As of right now I ordered a sample of the iced tea twist from WSP, so we'll see how that does!  According to the reviews, it's a dead ringer for the BBW tea & lemon.  Fingers crossed.

On 2/16/2016 at 11:04 PM, moonshine said:

Daystars black tea is awesome - not overpowering and smells like southern sweet tea to me 

You could add some lemon to that 

I didn't not know WSP Had a iced tea twist....next order I may need to add that to the cart 

I believe Daystar has changed the name of 'Black Tea' to 'Southern Iced Tea' just FYI ;-)  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Mad Oils Earl Grey is nice. I mixed it with flaming candles Tea + Cakes and made something similar to the BBW London candle which is a favorite of mine. It had a bit of perfumey note to it but it was very pleasant.

I do like WSP’s Iced Tea Twist. Perfect for summer, you really get the lemon and has the slight Lipton nostalgia factor.

Flaming's Back Tea is incredible. Very similar to BB's black tea, just a little bit more mellow. If you mix it with Bergamot, it is an outstanding Earl Grey blend.

I am also slightly obsessed with their Tea and Cakes. It's a very unusual mix of black tea and sweet cakes with a whisper of lemon. At first I wasn't a fan, but it is so mellow on burning, and it is a refreshing change from the usual bakery scents. I add a little Black Tea to it to cut down on the sweetness a bit.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2020 at 2:46 PM, Darbla said:

I read of a designer perfume with rooibos tea, orange, and cinnamon.  Does that not sound lovely?

It does! I love rooibos tea. That's actually my favorite blend to drink, rooibos, orange and cinnamon. 😁

• 2 months later...

I am finally trying that Iced Tea Twist from WSP, and it's good but it's just not the rich, black tea I'm looking for.  It's more light and bright, maybe like instant tea like someone said above.  To add to the list above, I saw where Fillmore has an orange pekoe FO, but it seems like it's meant to be a citrus and not really a tea scent.  I may have to pick from y'alls recs above.  I would love to have something smells like the Earl Grey I'm drinking now.

https://www.fillmorecontainer.com/orange-pekoe-tea-fragrance-oil-25.html

I really miss Flicker's Green Tea. It was so clean and refreshing smelling and was a fabulous mixer. I am hoarding the last oz or two I have while on the search for a replacement.

Seems to me a nice blend would be a red tea and lemon biscotti. That's what I would try to find to replace the London Tea. Not sure a black type tea is right. Red tea or Orange Pekoe tea types would make excellent blending teas and would work with spices, bakery, clean, and even masculine and floral scents.

I used to make a tea and roses scent using a red tea and red rose blend I made myself for both soap and candles. It was a best seller.

Edited by Candybee