We need a little spring!

Candybee

I look forward to hearing what others have found to be great spring-summer scents as I am also starting to test my samples.  So far, I get a really strong throw from Peak's Cucumber/Cantaloupe.  It smells just like McCall's Honeydew to me which I use to always burn in the warmer months.  Two others I tested, I couldn't stand the smell of--Daffodil and Lavender/Rose.  Can't remember what company they are from.  TruScent has a Iced Lemon Biscotti that I'm testing next.

Goldie

• Like 1

Off the top of my head... 

Pink Lilac & Willow - Aztec
Bermuda Sands - Sweet Cakes 
Rain & Angelica - Flaming
Polynesian Plumeria - Daystar
Japanese Cherry Blossom - Fillmore
White Palm (Slatkin Type) - CandleWic

I will add more once I go through some of my oils. 

• Like 1

Daffodil FC is my new favorite spring scent

Dune grass WSP

lilac JS- searching for a new one due to formula change

Hyacinth BCN

Gardenia CS

Sensuous black rose Elements

Juniper Aloe Elements

Blue skies AH/RE

Spa Daze- my own mix

Strawberry SC

Fresh Grass SC

Kalkaska sand WSP

Lavender CS

Lavender sage FB

Sea Witch FB

honeysuckle jasmine CS

There are many many more but these are the ones I am getting ready to work on this week - I never thought I would say it but I am tired of winter scents already!

• Like 1

To me, when I think of spring, I think of these:

Melon Medley (Bitter Creek)

Banana Kiwi (Nature's Garden)

Sweet Pea

Japanese Cherry Blossom

Love Spell

Georgia Peaches (The Flaming Candle/Fragrance Buddy) or Peach Nectar (CandleScience). If you want something with more "greenery/fresh off the tree" then Fresh Peach (Nature's Garden/Rustic Escentuals)

Juicy Watermelon (The Flaming Candle) - Though this one could be a bit summery too!

Apple Hard Candy (Save On Scents) -Smells to me, not so much apple candy, but a crisp green apple

I am a big fan of foodie scents so I can't help much in other areas, but I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! :)

• Like 1

Off the top of my head... 

Pink Lilac & Willow - Aztec

Bermuda Sands - Sweet Cakes 

Rain & Angelica - Flaming

Polynesian Plumeria - Daystar

Japanese Cherry Blossom - Fillmore

White Palm (Slatkin Type) - CandleWic

I will add more once I go through some of my oils. 

What does White Palm smell like? Sounds interesting.

teana-- I have been thinking of doing a banana scent for a long time and never got around to it. The banana kiwi really sounds right up my alley!

And thanks for the tips about peach scents. Do you know that peach was always my favorite candle scent for years. Haven't done a peach in a long while and have been thinking of it and you gave me some good ideas!

Candybee blue skies is a very fresh ozone scent with a twist of powdery floral

When I first tried it I was gagging saying no way will I ever use this- but it's one of those that you just can't stop burning - different notes everytime, super strong and very very clean -look up the description on AH/RE- they nailed it and it's true you keep sniffing it's so uncommon

Spa daze is a blend I do at 50/50 CS rain water and day at the spa - both of those to me were just blahhh and light so I mixed them and love the result- it's very spa upscale with water-ozone and earth - another one you can't stop sniffing because it has something you just can't put your finger on

• Like 1

What does White Palm smell like? Sounds interesting.

White Palm is a subtle but strong citrus/aquatic scent to my nose. 

Notes include (to my nose): Bamboo, Palm Leaf, Sea Spray, with the slightest hint of Pineapple. 

Many people say it is similar to Bath & Body Works' "White Citrus" 

• Like 1

I've heard of french market but don't know anything about it. What does it smell like? Is it a floral?

French Market is a VERY strong scent... Heavy on the perfume and floral notes.  Popular scent among connoisseurs of classic feminine parfums.  

• Like 3

I always find Lebermuth's Fragrance Trend Reports interesting. Here is their report for spring/summer 2016:  http://www.lebermuth.com/about-us/trends-market-reports/  Scroll down to the report then click on it to view. It opens up as a PDF file.

My personal favorite is the "feminine wonder" at the bottom of the report. I want all of those fragrances!! LOL

Edited by Candybee

Man oh man, your all talking spring?  I haven't even gotten through winter making candles for accounts with the fragrances I use and the snow is coming here too.....had a whole whopping 1" last night, lol and tomorrow maybe 3" more?  It's a big deal for the ones who live here in the North Georgia Mountains.....  I bet all you who live in Colorado and Montana are laughing at this post...... lol

Well, I'll have to start thinking sometime soon one way or the other.....I've really never had spring scents to be quite honest but all year round scents....

I've never been a floral person at all but I guess I better start changing my thinking.  One that I do want to get is Fillmores Daffodil from what everyone says about it.  Maybe the sales will start popping up for little ouncers soon.

Trappeur

• Like 1

I was NEVER a floral person either and I now find I am loving them

FC daffodil is just simply beautiful and fresh and screams spring

Elements sensuous black rose is the most perfect rose- not sickly sweet or to floral

FB lavender sage is one of my new favorites and I can't keep it stocked

BCN hyacinth is subtle yet alluring - like when you go past the isle at the market where they have their Easter plants and you Whiff something beautiful

TSC raspberry peach magnolia I couldn't stand until the second tester candle - very different and although floral it has that can't stop smelling factor to it

TSC honeysuckle is just perfect - sweet honeysuckle - I want to replace my honeysuckle jasmine with this once I know the outcome of the store staying open

JS lilac is just like sticking your nose in a lilac tree- however I have to find a new one as they changed something to where it discolors quickly and the burn has changed

FC Apple blossom is floral yet sweet and very springy

I have always been a herbal woodsy type person and I still love my dune grass- lavenders- bamboo- teakwood- currants- lodgy smokey and of course spicy like hotel costes but I am really starting to become a floral fan! Lol

As long as it isn't that rank perfumey floral that is

• Like 1

I always find Lebermuth's Fragrance Trend Reports interesting. Here is their report for spring/summer 2016:  http://www.lebermuth.com/about-us/trends-market-reports/  Scroll down to the report then click on it to view. It opens up as a PDF file.

My personal favorite is the "feminine wonder" at the bottom of the report. I want all of those fragrances!! LOL

I'm a fan of "Bachelorette" from how it's described :) Thanks for posting the link!

White Palm is a subtle but strong citrus/aquatic scent to my nose. 

Notes include (to my nose): Bamboo, Palm Leaf, Sea Spray, with the slightest hint of Pineapple. 

Many people say it is similar to Bath & Body Works' "White Citrus"

Many people say ... what do you say? I actually really like BBW's white citrus. I would be in some want if that were true.

• 2 weeks later...
On January 21, 2016 at 11:44 AM, Trappeur said:

Man oh man, your all talking spring?  I haven't even gotten through winter making candles for accounts with the fragrances I use and the snow is coming here too.....had a whole whopping 1" last night, lol and tomorrow maybe 3" more?  It's a big deal for the ones who live here in the North Georgia Mountains.....  I bet all you who live in Colorado and Montana are laughing at this post...... lol

Well, I'll have to start thinking sometime soon one way or the other.....I've really never had spring scents to be quite honest but all year round scents....

I've never been a floral person at all but I guess I better start changing my thinking.  One that I do want to get is Fillmores Daffodil from what everyone says about it.  Maybe the sales will start popping up for little ouncers soon.

Trappeur

Fillmore never has sales on 1oz do they?