What scent or scents are you loving right now

LeahRB

I too keep sniffing my scents - I love them!  I go on Peak's site a lot and so badly want order a bunch of samples, but I don't want to go all gang-busters buying fo's just yet.

Keep a list of the ones you want. About twice a year or so, Peak has a 40% off sample sale, and it seems like it should be coming up pretty soon. When it does, I'm sure somebody will post it. 

They also have 15% off all FO's quite often. 

• Like 1

Jcandleattic:  funny you mentioned keep a list - I've been doing that & it keeps getting longer & longer, lol.  Thanks for the heads-up on the sale!!

Well, I can't get away from Vanilla Voodoo.....have such an addiction to this.  I also love Peach Nectar (CS), Balsam Fir (Filmore), Birthday Cake (RE), Apple Strudel (Indiana). Just made up some Wildeberry Mousse (CS).... I'm still looking for the ultimate Pumpkin Pie which I burn all year long.  Am really into making huge custom candles in different containers and always searching on Ebay and Pinterest (for me).

Trappeur

Trap, have you tried NG's Pumpkin Pie Spice? That's the very first pumpkin pie scent I ever tried and so far, for me, it's the best. It's not skin safe so I don't make body products in it, but using it straight up in container candles, I cannot keep it in stock. It sells out first thing at my shows no matter how many I bring, and I have several repeat customers for it (including my mom and she hates everything!! LOL) 

It doesn't get a lot of rave reviews via chandlers, but I think that's because it's not very complex, just a straight up pumpkin pie scent, which is why I think I like it and so do my customers. 

• 1 month later...

I am loving CS Lemon Verbena, have a question about the CS Nag Champa...has anyone used it in soap, and how did the scent hold. It has one review from a soaper and that review says no scent! I keep forgetting to select it as my sample, so if anyone knows. I used to love the WSP Nag Champa, but feel that it has changed, I called and they assured me it hadn't, but it is not the same to me. My sample from CS this time was Fig & Rhbarb and it is very interesting, haven't tested yet, but smells nice and strong.

Lemon.  Lemon, lemon, lemon.  Lemon with Vanilla, lemon with grapefruit, lemon with other lemon....naturally I'm stuck that I haven't found a truly great lemon for my candles....grumble.  But grapefruit and lemon is lovely in soap.  And lemon with herbs, lemon with vanilla is great in lotion and soap. 

I have a lemon from NG that throws like a beast in my parasoy candles. I think it's Lemon Sugar. So, so good!

• 1 year later...
On February 9, 2015 at 6:55 PM, amanda said:

I recently discovered how amazing Aztec's oils are. They've been hitting it out of the park.

Their dupe of Anthropoligie's Capri Blue Volcano is spot on and throws great in parasoy. Sells like crazy.

Tobacco is a wonderful unisex scent. Sultry with brown sugar notes and just the right bit of vanilla. I rename it because people forget that tobacco is a flowering plant. They just think "cigarettes". Since renaming it, it sells much better.

Fresh Cut Grass! Amazing.

Birthday Cake! So buttery and authentic and throws like CRAZY.

Can't wait to try more Aztec oils!

I know this is an old post but may i ask you what you renamed the tobacco - I'm horrible at coming up with names + yes, your spot on that most people 

would think nicotine + not the flower lol ! Im thinking of getting the bourbon one too .Thank you in advance :) 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/7/2015 at 4:28 AM, Trappeur said:

Well, I can't get away from Vanilla Voodoo.....have such an addiction to this.  I also love Peach Nectar (CS), Balsam Fir (Filmore), Birthday Cake (RE), Apple Strudel (Indiana). Just made up some Wildeberry Mousse (CS).... I'm still looking for the ultimate Pumpkin Pie which I burn all year long.  Am really into making huge custom candles in different containers and always searching on Ebay and Pinterest (for me).

Trappeur

Where do you get your Vanilla Voodoo, if you dont mind? So far, most vanilla scents I have tried I am not real fond of.

Looking for a winner.

Thank you!

You tried any vanillas from CS, NG, or Aztec that you would recommend.

I have Pure Vanilla from CS and too intense and nausiating to me, ha.

And Vanila Bean I tried as well from NG and not a fan. Maybe I just dont like Vanilla Bean though (i doubt it)

I love Vanilla Snowflake from AH, smells very similiar to the Camille Beckman vanilla lotion that I've been trying to match for so long.  I sometimes mix it with French Vanilla (P) too, and that is yummy too.