Filmore Order I just Placed

Trappeur

lol- I put mine in today as well at work and blew all the guys and customers out!

That is one strong scent....my dad's eyes were watering and a builder cane in to drop off prints and said he thought he walked into bath and body works!

I never say this but I have to back off the FO on this one if I keep it! Lol. Good scent but I may try adding pumpkin as well or even apple

You reminded me that a couple years ago I made a few melts with it. I tried burning one in my office and it was so strong one of the ladies complained about how strong it was. For melts, I think you have to go with a lower %. Mine was the normal 6% or 1oz pp wax and was so strong we all gagged. It still smelled wonderful just too overpowering.

BTW-- I mixed mine to make several different blends; gingerbread + nutmeg & ginger, pumpkin + nutmeg & ginger, cappuccino + nutmeg & ginger. Anything I blended it with smelled wonderful except my customers told me that they smelled too similar. That tells me the nutmeg & ginger is so strong it overpowers other scents. So use it sparingly.

Edited by Candybee

Okay-- now I have to order the citrus spruce and the cranberry plum! LOL

Didn't anyone order their patchouli? They have a really good straight patch, very strong in palm wax.

I ordered it but have not had chance to put it in wax yet.  Maybe sometime in the next couple weeks!  

You reminded me that a couple years ago I made a few melts with it. I tried burning one in my office and it was so strong one of the ladies complained about how strong it was. For melts, I think you have to go with a lower %. Mine was the normal 6% or 1oz pp wax and was so strong we all gagged. It still smelled wonderful just too overpowering.

BTW-- I mixed mine to make several different blends; gingerbread + nutmeg & ginger, pumpkin + nutmeg & ginger, cappuccino + nutmeg & ginger. Anything I blended it with smelled wonderful except my customers told me that they smelled too similar. That tells me the nutmeg & ginger is so strong it overpowers other scents. So use it sparingly.

I used my normal 10% with soy if that tells you anything ....we couldn't breathe! Lol

This is one you definitely do not need a lot of

I have got to say I just LOVE all of the scents that I bought. I did a craft show yesterday and the Creamy Chai Latte (I made these in the handled mason jar mug from Fillmore...did a light colored pour for the bottom and a whipped creamy color top) was the big seller....LOVE!! I also love the Christmas Tree and the Cedar Garland...I blended the Cocoa Therapy with Cajun's Fudge Brownie...LOVE!!! Pumpkin Spice Chutney...awesome!! I just love them all. I have reorders setting in the Fillmore cart right now and I am adding (thanks to those above who commented) Cinnamon Cider, Lavender, Sage & Rosemary, Citrus Spruce....I am just so tickled....I have bought jars off of Fillmore for quite some time now and had never tried their scents ....oh simple me! But I am learning! :)

Edited by puma52

I am also going to purchase a large bottle of the Daffodil today. I have decided to call it Winter Paperwhites for this season and go to Daffodil for Spring...see the description below ...it seems perfect to call it that since it is a member of the daffodil family...I do expect it to be a best-seller for the Christmas season..... :)

Paperwhites (Narcissus tazetta) are one of the smaller flowered Narcissi which belong to the Jonquilla cultivar. Their bright white flowers are quiet fragrant. Paper white Narcissus is the commonly forced bulb, because it is so easy and the flowers are so pretty. It is a member of the daffodil family, but looks much more delicate than the big yellow trumpet daffodils you can see in the spring yards.

• Like 1

I love their Daffodil FO. It smells so realistic and is strong in candles and CP soap.

Hey Candybee!

I am excited!! I got a sample of this last week.....but I think this will be a best-seller for Christmas. Some people just love florals and this is such a beautiful scent! I hope I am right. :) I usually do not like to pour florals...but this one I will like. :) Thanks to you all for your input on these fragrances! Appreciate YOU! :)

Edited by puma52

You're welcome! They have 2 florals that are outstanding in candles and soap. Their Daffodils and Tuberose & Jasmine. Both are beautiful scents and sell well for me.

Also, both behave in CP soap with no discoloration but the T&J does accelerate slightly. I still have enough time to do a 2 color swirl if I add scent after color and whisk it in instead of SB.

You're welcome! They have 2 florals that are outstanding in candles and soap. Their Daffodils and Tuberose & Jasmine. Both are beautiful scents and sell well for me.

Also, both behave in CP soap with no discoloration but the T&J does accelerate slightly. I still have enough time to do a 2 color swirl if I add scent after color and whisk it in instead of SB.

Awesome! Thank you! :)

OMG ya'll! I finally got around to burning one of the Cedar Garland candles I poured, it is heavenly! I'm not really a big cedar scent scent fan, I made my SIL a Cedar & Saffron candle last year and was so unimpressed that I never even ordered more of the fo, but this one is to die for!!

Now I'm looking at the Ginger Fig & Lemon Grass oils, has any one here tried either of those? And it sounds like I NEED to get me some Daffodil too! :D

• Like 1

Guest OldGlory

An opportunity landed in my lap on Sunday and I will be putting things in a kiosk in the mall near my house - the kiosk is right in front of where Santa arrives this Saturday. Guess what I did first thing this morning! Called in an order to Fillmore, lmao. See what you all did??

Awesome!!! Good for you ....I'm sure you don't need help picking out scents but that nutmeg ginger will definitely get people's attention- I have melts in a Baggie in my office and that is all you can smell even with a warmer going in another scent!

The cedar garland is not doing good for me in soy candles- great in melts though and the Christmas tree I have smelling all day everyday- love it!

• Like 1

Guest OldGlory

I ordered Nutmeg & Ginger, Christmas Tree, Citrus & Spruce (?), and Cocoa Therapy. First I'm putting out melts, then I'm dragging out the crystal potpourri. Someone gave me .4 oz Nutmeg & Ginger which I blended with .4 oz Sugar Cookie (thanks Chandler!) and .8 oz Perfect Pumpkin - vanillas are tricky in crystal potpourri, but I think this will work. I think I'm going to call it Oh My! Pumpkin Pie . The blend is really bold, warm, spicy, and sweet.

An opportunity landed in my lap on Sunday and I will be putting things in a kiosk in the mall near my house - the kiosk is right in front of where Santa arrives this Saturday. Guess what I did first thing this morning! Called in an order to Fillmore, lmao. See what you all did??

:thumbsup2:  :02:  :woowoo:  :dance2:  :rockon:  :faint:  :biggrin:

'Bout durn time girl!!! Welcome to the Fillmore fan club....finally...hee hee... :)

Edited by puma52
  • Like 1

OMG ya'll! I finally got around to burning one of the Cedar Garland candles I poured, it is heavenly! I'm not really a big cedar scent scent fan, I made my SIL a Cedar & Saffron candle last year and was so unimpressed that I never even ordered more of the fo, but this one is to die for!!

Now I'm looking at the Ginger Fig & Lemon Grass oils, has any one here tried either of those? And it sounds like I NEED to get me some Daffodil too! :D

Yes you do dear....need to order the Daffodil! Smells wonderful! :) I love the Cedar Garland too! Awesome stuff! :)

Edited by puma52
  • Like 1

I am also going to purchase a large bottle of the Daffodil today. I have decided to call it Winter Paperwhites for this season and go to Daffodil for Spring...see the description below ...it seems perfect to call it that since it is a member of the daffodil family...I do expect it to be a best-seller for the Christmas season..... :)

Paperwhites (Narcissus tazetta) are one of the smaller flowered Narcissi which belong to the Jonquilla cultivar. Their bright white flowers are quiet fragrant. Paper white Narcissus is the commonly forced bulb, because it is so easy and the flowers are so pretty. It is a member of the daffodil family, but looks much more delicate than the big yellow trumpet daffodils you can see in the spring yards.

I decided to call the Daffodil Christmas Paperwhites and then after Christmas call it Winter Paperwhites....then when Spring comes...Daffodil... :)

I got the Cinnamon Cider, Citrus & Spruce and the the Lavender, Sage and  Rosemary. I love them all...that Cinnamon Cider smells so rich and wonderful...I can see it being  a best seller and the Lavender Sage and Rosemary will DEFINITELY appeal to some of my customers....this would definitely be an awesome soap scent too. The Citrus & Spruce did not smell like I thought it would, but I was inhaling so much, I probably got the nose thing going on. It smells wonderful, I just could not pick up the citrus...so I have already decided that if I still can't smell the citrus when I make candles this weekend, it shall get a dash of my Cajun Spiced Orange fragrance..it will be awesome after that. :)  

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On October 8, 2014 at 0:19 AM, Trappeur said:

Yes Puma, when I was on the phone with Filmore this afternoon, the Chutney just came in and would be available tomorrow so I took a chance and ordered it because of all the great reviews I've been seeing about it.  I sure will let you know what I think it smells like out of the bottle. :)  It's funny but everything you had on your list is exactly what I had on mine and then at the last minute took off the Nutmeg and Ginger and Daffodil because I was trying to save money so I could get a few more scents that I have to have from Candle Science that I have to reorder.

Trappeur

What did you think of the daffodil. Im sure you haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Did you ever order a sample of nutmeg + ginger or Cedar Garland ?