Fragrance In Your House

msboss

Am I the only one preferring an almost non-fragrance home? I love the smell of flowers, the smell of a clean room (which means natural cleaning products only, with a smell like soap without fragrance...you know what I mean?)....when I go upstairs form my workshop I don't want to go on smelling all these fragrances again. Only in fall and winter I like cranberry chutney, apple pie, coconut curry custard...spicy and fruity fragrances.

Honestly, my favorites ebb and flow with the seasons but I'm off. Right now, I'm loving Strawberry Kiwi, later in the summer I'll break out the Spiced Cranberry. But, there's always an underlying Vanilla Sugar, smells like vanilla frosting and oh my god, I always want cupcakes. I adore Fruit Slices so that gets burned on the occasion as well.

It depends upon my mood actually. And yes, I love the Patchouli, too.

Anything homey and cozy. I love spiced cranberry and a good, rich vanilla anytime of the year.

Since I started making candles 6 years ago, I like a lot less scents. Also, I like scents that I never liked until I started candlemaking. "Weird, huh?"

Nope, not weird at all...I've become the same way.

Edited by marcuset

I love apple/cinnamon and vanilla scents- bakery and spicey scents too. Since starting down this journey of playing with wax/fo's, I've found that I've grown to like scents I didn't like before, although I'm also getting more picky too :)

If I had to choose ONE, it would be Sweet Orange Chili Pepper. I love citrus scents. I like so many others as well. I don't always get to have what I want going since I'm usually testing new scents or making something so that it's not really worth it to have it going.

I love apple/cinnamon and vanilla scents- bakery and spicey scents too. Since starting down this journey of playing with wax/fo's, I've found that I've grown to like scents I didn't like before, although I'm also getting more picky too :)

We are too much alike. Your quote is almost what I was going to say, so I do now do not have to because you said it for both of us!

My 4 year old fell in love with NG's Tuscan Grape, so I poured her a blend and burned it yesterday. My mix was a bit off though, and

while it throws amazingly, it was like Groundhog Day, communion grape juice style. :)

I've had a low to midlevel migraine for a month now (nope not a typo) so today I'm going to burn a peppermint/rosemary/lavender blend I poured. I suspect it will need some sort of base/grounding note, maybe a spice, but not sure what to use.

Edited by sidlesup

I am all about the bakery scents too. My year round favorites are Cinnamon Buns, Gingerbread House, Autumn Campfire (not really bakery but my own blend) and anything Pumpkin. In the fall I love those plus I throw in the cranberry and the pine type scents. In the spring I might try to take a step on the wild side and melt a Salty Sea Air, Lemon Cheesecake, Strawberry Lemonade or something refreshing like that.