Wholesale Supplies Plus Fragrance!!!!

Alajane

Wow!! I haven't ordered from WSP in quite a while and was just looking at the most popular items according to their site--the Jolly Rancher fragrance is over $50/lb!! Several of the others were over $40. I know their prices include shipping, but are their fragrances good enough to be worth those prices? I just can't imagine that they are.

I just wondered if any of you buy lots of fragrances from them and if I'm missing something fantastic???

We use to buy from them, but when they changed over to "shipping included" and raised their prices through the roof, we searched other suppliers to find our products. It's a shame because they have some amazing stuff. But to me, there are plenty of suppliers out there that equally have awesome products, but for a fair price.

I used to use a lot of their oils but only buy their dupes of Secret Wonderland and Dark Kiss now. I saw that Candlewic has Secret Wonderland so I'm going to give theirs a try. And Just Scent has it now, too, I believe. Secret Wonderland was my top seller this holiday season. I could not keep a soap, lotion or body spray in stock. WSP's Dark Kiss is spot on and a HUGE seller for me, also.

For me, there is no oil worth $50 a lb. WSP used to be reasonably priced as far as suppliers go. Their shipping was always high though. Now, their prices with shipping included are so inflated, I honestly don't know how they are in business. They do have some lovely oils. But I have managed to find substitutions for most of them. Cost is an enormous factor and WSP is just not cost effective.

For me, there is no oil worth $50 a lb. WSP used to be reasonably priced as far as suppliers go. Their shipping was always high though. Now, their prices with shipping included are so inflated, I honestly don't know how they are in business. They do have some lovely oils. But I have managed to find substitutions for most of them. Cost is an enormous factor and WSP is just not cost effective.

Exactly!

Guest OldGlory

I'm right there with you all. I even gave my wholesale clients the option of a price increase or something I could buy at the same price they had been paying before the increase. None of my clients wanted to spend the extra $$. That says it all.

I use a handful of their dupes- love them and they are one if the few I can actually use less oil and get great throw

I haven't bothered yet to try and find replacements- I figures I would spend more doing so with testing - shipping and a torn more FO's

They are expensive but the ones I use I just love

Oh there's an oil work $50 or more a pound lol ... patchouli essential oil comes to mind.

That Jolly Rancher used to also be a flavor oil that they just won't carry any more :(

Guest OldGlory
Oh there's an oil work $50 or more a pound lol ... patchouli essential oil comes to mind.

That Jolly Rancher used to also be a flavor oil that they just won't carry any more :(

Yeah, I love a good patchouli well enough to pay $50 or more a pound, lol. I sometimes wear a drop of straight oil on my skin. I love it but some of my coworkers do not.

they have one oil..that I love...Asian Plum...I have not bought it in over 4 years..I just used my last soap bar..That fo sticks like glue..and the soap was 4 yrs. old.

does anyone know of a dupe?

I have went and looked the fo is now almost $40

Edited by 8-GRAN-ONES

I used to buy there too, no more..Even with the shipping included the prices are nutz..

What I've done to make myself feel better when I buy from them is to only purchase a single item at a time. Then they HAVE to spend that extra $$ on shipping my ONE item. I'm so bad.....:grin2:

What I've done to make myself feel better when I buy from them is to only purchase a single item at a time. Then they HAVE to spend that extra $$ on shipping my ONE item. I'm so bad.....:grin2:

I have been so tempted to do that too. and I am in Canada, I am bad too..

Guest OldGlory

My full time job does a lot of shipping, and we use UPS. Most of the packages we ship out are 2 lbs or less, and cost $6-$8. Figure a box might cost as much as $2 since they surely buy them in bulk. You ARE paying them to perform the actual shipping service.