Suggestions for "Snow" fragrance

ellajoan

I am looking for a snow/winter fragrance that does not scream "Christmas" or have a ton of tree scent.  I'm currently curing Brambleberry's Sleigh Ride (so far all I smell is mint), CS Christmas Hearth (Is that too Christmasy?), and Rustic Escentuals Winter Nights (really don't like that one).  I would LOVE your suggestions!

CS Christmas Hearth I sell all year long.  It is a very versatile scent.  You smell the pine, the burning fire and other woodsy elements in it.

I rename for an all year long fragrance to:

Hearthside

Fireside

Rustic Lodge

Mountain Hideaway

At the Cabin

Trappeur

• Like 3

Very very nice looking jar and label.  Very clean and eye catching.

So what don't you like about it?   Oh geesh, I love this scent...you can just smell the fire going in the background with the embers glowing and you smell the pine right through it.   Well that is my opinion.  I always get rave reviews on this one.  But to each their own.

Trappeur

I don't hate it, I just don't love it like I immediately love some fos.  The new CS White Birch for example, or the new Wassail from there.  Both of those were good OOB but were amazing in wax to my sniffer--even just the cold throw.  I will wait until it's cured and then give it a test burn.  This many people who love it can't be wrong!

• Like 1

I love Mad Micas' (or now I guess it would be Arizona Soap supply or something like that) Snow Witch. It does have a pine scent, but to me it smells like wintertime, and you can smell that "cold" scent - if you know what I mean. Add a pinch of peppermint (very very little) and just screams winter cold scent to me. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/10/2017 at 10:57 PM, ellajoan said:

I don't hate it, I just don't love it like I immediately love some fos.  The new CS White Birch for example, or the new Wassail from there.  Both of those were good OOB but were amazing in wax to my sniffer--even just the cold throw.  I will wait until it's cured and then give it a test burn.  This many people who love it can't be wrong!

I guess I need to get the White Birch and Wassail next week....geesh....more oils.....I haven't even put the last oils in wax yet,,,,

Ellajoan, does the Wassail smell anything like a spiced cider?

What does the White Birch smell like?

Trappeur

Trappeur - I have White Birch. I love it, but to me it smells very similar to CS Fraser Fir. Maybe a little less sweet? Regardless, I would think someone would probably want to offer one or the other and not both. Just my opinion though...

• Like 1

How about Millcreek's Arctic Air?  Here's the description:  Brilliant fragrance notes of eucalyptus, spearmint, wild rose and dew fresh ferns leading to snow pines, blue jasmine magnolia and white lilies finishing with a base of white musk, balsam and sandalwood.  Screams "snow" type without the heavy tree notes.

The Chemistry store has one called Snowy Evergreen.(Lebermuth) so very pretty,  the evergreen notes are not dominant at all!!.

Here is the description: 

A woody vanilla and spruce type with top notes of lemon, fir needle, and apple, middle notes of pine, pear, hyacinth, cinnamon, and mint, with woody sandalwood, cedar and sugary vanilla base note.

Its almost powdery and not the more common minty snow fragrance. Poured some last night and its super nice!!

Yes, love White Birch in wax even more.  Throws like crazy.  I think it's a little fresher than Frasier Fir--slightly different notes, but yes, very similar.  Wassail is a bit like Cranberry Marmalade, but less sweet with more orange and clove notes.  Really nice.  I think I like it better than Cranberry Marmalade.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2017 at 11:34 AM, Trappeur said:

Very very nice looking jar and label.  Very clean and eye catching.

So what don't you like about it?   Oh geesh, I love this scent...you can just smell the fire going in the background with the embers glowing and you smell the pine right through it.   Well that is my opinion.  I always get rave reviews on this one.  But to each their own.

Trappeur

I agree. its my best selling holiday scent

On 10/1/2017 at 3:41 PM, jbradshaw said:

I was going to suggest CS White Birch, but you already have it :)  

What about something a little camphorous to get that cold feeling - maybe mix in some eucalyptus with something you already have? 

So CS White Birch is similar to Frasier Fir ??? I would have thought it had a more woodsy scent not pine. I need to check this out :)

I've been reading reviews on some scents at WSP ... these are the ones I'm curious about ...

Alpine Frost

Frosted Birch Juniper

Both of those had comments that said they were "snowy" and they had good reviews, but I think they might have a lot of evergreen.

I was hoping there was a candle review on their Frosted Pinecone.

Another one that sounds interesting is Jack Frost.

I mix my own "snow" type fragrance. I use a blend of christmas tree, candy cane, vanilla, and a little peppermint. If I wanted to make it lest of a christmas or pine scent I would use patchouli instead. Maybe patchouli and mint. We get some snow here and to me snow would be a perfect blend of that earthy scent of patchouli mixed with the fresh minty notes of peppermint or candy cane if I wanted it sweet mintyness.