Suggestions for "Snow" fragrance

ellajoan

On 10/14/2017 at 10:24 AM, bugtussle said:

WSP's First Snow is the best snow I've used

That does sound interesting!  I missed that one in wandering through the list.

"A cheerful blend of fresh mint, blooming jasmine and pine needles" -- that's how they describe it.

There are good reviews for it too and I'm saving your comment in my notes for future reference.  :)

This is a great topic, imo, thanks @ellajoan

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ellajoan said:

OOH, First Snow does sound intriguing.  I ended up making testers of Rustic Escentuals Sparkling Snowflakes--it's a bit of fruit w/ a mint base and no "tree" scent.  But still loving these ideas!

I would be happy to send you a sniffie of WSP First Snow...PM me an address if intereseted. It is very minty and piney and strong in 415 soy. 

4 hours ago, birdcharm said:

That does sound interesting!  I missed that one in wandering through the list.

"A cheerful blend of fresh mint, blooming jasmine and pine needles" -- that's how they describe it.

There are good reviews for it too and I'm saving your comment in my notes for future reference.  :)

This is a great topic, imo, thanks @ellajoan

If you would like a sniffie of WSP First Snow I just got some. Pm me an address if interested : )

Lovely, lovely, lovely Candybee.....You have the best blends I swear.....

I made a folder with your name on my computer just now, saving your blends....lol, lol.... 

I have all those oils except candy cane....I want to make that blend right now...

I've got fillmores christmas tree, flamings north pole which is peppermint and tons of vanilla..(my go to vanilla is CC vanilla voodoo so I better order that now)...Now I just have to find a good candy cane,,,,Maybe Just Scent has one.

.A few years ago I was looking at a property with a cabin on it in Vermont and came upon this listing called "Snow Farm".  I just fell in love with this old old cabin that was on this beautiful piece of acreage sitting on a knoll overlooking fields and looking right at the "Green Mountains".  And  they still made maple sugar on this property and they showed the little building where they would bring in the sap buckets and melt the sap to make the maple sugar/syrup.  The name of the farm was called "Snow Farm".  Was like a picture postcard this property.  So I'm going to call this blend "Snow Farm".

Thanks Candybee for sharing.

Trappeur

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Lovely, lovely, lovely Candybee.....You have the best blends I swear.....

I made a folder with your name on my computer just now, saving your blends....lol, lol.... 

I have all those oils except candy cane....I want to make that blend right now...

I've got fillmores christmas tree, flamings north pole which is peppermint and tons of vanilla..(my go to vanilla is CC vanilla voodoo so I better order that now)...Now I just have to find a good candy cane,,,,Maybe Just Scent has one.

.A few years ago I was looking at a property with a cabin on it in Vermont and came upon this listing called "Snow Farm".  I just fell in love with this old old cabin that was on this beautiful piece of acreage sitting on a knoll overlooking fields and looking right at the "Green Mountains".  And  they still made maple sugar on this property and they showed the little building where they would bring in the sap buckets and melt the sap to make the maple sugar/syrup.  The name of the farm was called "Snow Farm".  Was like a picture postcard this property.  So I'm going to call this blend "Snow Farm".

Thanks Candybee for sharing.

Trappeur

Oh that farm sounds lovely!

If it helps, my fav candy cane is from C&S. Candles & Supplies. I just love their candy cane! The peppermint I use is Peaks Pure Peppermint. I always keep some on hand because peppermint is a good mixer. The vanilla I use is AH French Vanilla.

Anyway, the blend with the Christmas Tree (Fillmore's) is wonderful, minty, and christmasy, and fresh like newly fallen snow. Because of the vanilla its a 'sweet' type snow. I liked the way Yankee made many of their Christmas scents sweet so I knew I wanted a sweet type snow.

Thankyou for recommending Candy Cane from C&S.....I will make a note of it...unfortunately I have never ordered from them so I will look at either Flaming, CS, Fragrance Buddy,  Natures Garden or Community or maybe even Fillmore as I need to place orders from all these companies this week....so surely I would think one of them might have a candy cane. 

Trappeur

On 10/16/2017 at 7:52 PM, Candybee said:

I mix my own "snow" type fragrance. I use a blend of christmas tree, candy cane, vanilla, and a little peppermint. If I wanted to make it lest of a christmas or pine scent I would use patchouli instead. Maybe patchouli and mint. We get some snow here and to me snow would be a perfect blend of that earthy scent of patchouli mixed with the fresh minty notes of peppermint or candy cane if I wanted it sweet mintyness.

Do you care if I make your recipe Candybee?   We live far enough away from each other, we wouldn't conflict I wouldn't think? Anyway I'm naming mine Snow Farm and I just got candy cane in from RE which was what I was missing.  I'm trying to figure out what ratio to use for all these scents....Does the peppermint and candy cane take over?

I was thinking 50% christmas tree, 25% vanilla voodoo, 12 % candy cane and 12% peppermint.  Does that sound good?

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur

2 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Do you care if I make your recipe Candybee?   We live far enough away from each other, we wouldn't conflict I wouldn't think? Anyway I'm naming mine Snow Farm and I just got candy cane in from RE which was what I was missing.  I'm trying to figure out what ratio to use for all these scents....Does the peppermint and candy cane take over?

I was thinking 50% christmas tree, 25% vanilla voodoo, 12 % candy cane and 12% peppermint.  Does that sound good?

Trappeur

I have no problem with that. If I didn't want to share I would not have posted it so feel free to use it.

This year I am going to mix it up a bit. Haven't tried this yet but instead of using Fillmore's Christmas Tree I am going to use a blend of CS Fraser Fir and Mistletoe with C&S Candy Cane. My mix will be something like this: 1:1:2 (1/4 F.Fir, 1/4 Mistletoe, 1/2 C.Cane). Once I blend those together then I will adjust with some vanilla or peppermint depending on how my nose likes it. I want a fragrance that opens my sinuses when I smell it OOB and when the candle is lit. KWIM?

C&S Candy Cane is really wonderful and I fell in love with it when I first got it and its always my go to candy cane. So its worth ordering by itself.

But if you need an excuse to order something else from C&S to make the shipping worth while I think you would also love their Bayberry Apple Spice. I know you like Fillmores Bayberry FO but my absolute fav is CS Bayberry Apple Spice. It smells exactly like bayberry with sweet apples and spice. Absolutely lovely for Christmas and year round!

I also like their Christmas Splendor, that is another holiday must have for me. I mix that with CS Macintosh Apple and a bit of cinnamon for Apple Cinnamon. I use 1/2 Christmas Splendor with 1/4 Macintosh apple and 1/4 FB cinnamon broom. I mixed this blend for this year and its been my # one seller so far.

For fall their Witches Brew is the best I have found. I love blending witches brew with a good honey scent. I use 50/50% C&S witches brew with Element's Honey L'Occitane. Incredible blend if you want something different, earthy dark patchouli that is both sweet & spicy.

I don't use a lot of their scents but the ones I do use are the best of that type FO I have found.

Edited by Candybee

You have been so generous with how you blend Candybee and I thankyou for that!  Well that gives me a starting point.  So your mixing for another blend the Mistletoe, Fir and Candy Cane....sounds so awesome!  So basically it's like 50% (the 2 pines) and 50% the Candy Cane....I'm doing this today!   I just have to squeeze the vanilla in there...lol

I remember you got your Candy Cane from C&S.  I have never ordered from them, but I will do the CCane and Bayberry Apple Spice like you said.  Only reason I got from RE is cause I had to order from them.   Can't wait to get this combo made today....but darn I just used up all the Fir from Fillmore.  Well now I have to do another pine.  You know what I just got the other day from Community?   Bohemian Christmas.....it's quite nice!  Well, I think I'll use that to replace Fillmore's since now I have to place another order with Fillmore as I am out of Nutmeg and Ginger, Iced Lemon Biscotti and Warm Apple Pie....Wow I love Fillmore's apple pie!

Trappeur

• Like 1

I haven't tried Fillmore's Apple Pie. I have been thinking about getting an apple pie scent for a while. I used to use Peak's warm apple pie so looking for something similar.

Never bought from Community before. Will look up Bohemian Christmas. Thanks for the tip!

If you like my blends I have a great cranberry orange spice. 1/2 CS cranberry marmalade, 1/4 CS blood orange, 1/4 Fillmore's Cranberry Citrus. Awesome blend! Another top seller for me!

Now if I could just find a pomegranate I like!

On 9/10/2017 at 10:50 AM, Trappeur said:

CS Christmas Hearth I sell all year long.  It is a very versatile scent.  You smell the pine, the burning fire and other woodsy elements in it.

I rename for an all year long fragrance to:

Hearthside

Fireside

Rustic Lodge

Mountain Hideaway

At the Cabin

Trappeur

I purchased 5lbs of this fo for xmas. I became worried when I sensed a lot of clove and orange.  I'm so glad it's a success for you and sells all year long! What a relief. Everyone sense of smell is different. Fo you sense what I sense?.

On 9/10/2017 at 1:11 PM, ellajoan said:

I use the 8/9 oz flint straight sided jar with Premier Wicks.  Here's a pic of our jar/label for one of our fall scents (this is Flaming's "Leaves").

IMG_0929new.jpg

Very nice! I'm finishing my first batch of labels and they have given me much more work than I expected, between graphic designer and printer.  Did you do these yourself? Or did you hire a professional. Some printers want a minimum of 100 labels of each fo and 1000 labels at a time, so I wonder, how do chandlers produce nice labels for let's say a new fragrance of 80'candles?

My nephew is a graphic designer who I hired to design the label and my hubby prints them on his very expensive printer he uses for his job.  If he ever needs to sell that printer, I'll likely use a printer.  But we do pay a fair amount for the ink cartridges.  

'