How or in what do you store/organize FO's?

Making just for myself, I have 3, 10 gallon Rubbermaid bins. One holds wax, one holds FO's and one holds labels, cello bags, ties and my folder of receipts.

I just use Ziploc containers to hold my FO bottles (because none of my bottles are bigger than 4 ounces) but assume that there are better ways.

Would you mind sharing how you store or organize your FO's?

Thanks!

My FO bottles are 1 ounce to 8 ounces. I use the wooden boxes that the Clementine oranges come in. Around here, right before the Holidays the Clementine oranges hit and they are a favorite of my daughter and husband so we do go through about one box per week until they get tired of them around January. So I have a LOT of the wooden crates and I put them to use for different items.

The one ounce sample bottles fit inside of them and the box will then stack on a shelf. Once I put in a larger bottle it won't stack. I also cure small batches of soap in them, again because they stack. I just couldn't see them going to waste!

I just take a notecard and tape it to the side and write on what is inside to organize.

I have a cabinet for my FO. I have them very loosely organized, the ones on my bottom shelf are my own blends, and incense blends, the middle two shelves are organized into floral, fruity, and bakery type scents, and the top shelf is for bottles too damn big to fit on any of the other shelves.

I store mine in a closet with wire shelving. I was using clear plastic drawer organizers (3 long rectangles) from Target, until they changed them and they don't work quite as well now. I have baskets from Target and Walmart, too. I divide them up by category, florals, fruits, masculine, vanillas, ambers and Patchoulis, clean, food and essential oil and one for essential oil blends. I have 1/2 of index cards in front of each basket or organizer telling me which catagory it is. They take up a whole 6 ft shelf all on their own.

I have a shelf that goes around my candle room. Kind of reminds me of a train track for a miniture train. A-G on one side. H-Z on the other. I try to keep them somewhat in ABC order. This is for my 16 -32 oz bottles. My samples I am sad to say get thrown in an empty box in the corner and when I get time I go through it and see which ones I want to try.

I don't spend a penny. I use empty candle jar boxes with the dividers still in them. The 1lb bottles fit in them nicely and the boxes are easy to store on shelves. I have boxes for fall scents; fruits; vanillas; woods; florals; christmas; etc. When I need the oils I just pick up a box and bring it into the candlemaking area.

The salsa and jelly jar boxes work great. I also have a few cardboard votive boxes I use for smaller FO's in 1-4oz bottles.

I had a gorilla shelving unit that wasn't in use so I use that. 4 shelves, 4' long and I can stack 5-6 bottles deep or a larger container for the scents I use more of. Mine are alphabetical. That is easier for me to use and then I use my scent list to take a quick inv when it's order day.

Mine are stored in plastic baskets with straight sides, alphabetical. Although, thb, it doesn't work very well. I end up doing alot of digging through the a-c basket to find amber for instance. I would lovelovelove a big ole wall of shelves for them all.

Hello, My name is BTA... and I'm a FO ho.

lol

When I had everything.. I had a double tiered work table that my most popular selling scents stayed on ( the level that was above my work space ) and for all others, I had a large shelving unit I got from WalMart. I had also purchased a LOT of fo's from BCN once when they had the most amazing sell , and those full 1 lbs stayed in their boxes underneath my pour tables, until I needed one. At that time, I had in the workshop, 350 different scents ( although I only had 150 in production .. the others were small sizes used for testing and just playing around that I'd gotten off classifieds )

Right now all of my fo's are next door in our empty rental in the kitchen cabinets. We live in a duplex...and our unit has been empty for 2 years this month. The lazy susan is full...plus 3 upper cabinets. It's a cluster F*&^! There is no rhyme or reason...they are just thrown in there in no order! LOL. But then again...I'm not in business, so I guess I don't need to be that organized ;). I have NO idea what I will do with all of it should we finish the unit (we are updating and have been for two years, we move slow). I have no place to put it over here! Going to have to rent the damn thing soon, as I got my real estate license and hubby wants me to find a good tenant. I may be listing some stuff in the classies! So...don't follow what I do, I suck at organizing anything anymore! We have out grown this house...so therein lies the problem.