Wicking-Monticiano Black Glass-Opinions Please

Hey there MoonShine!! Ha ha...I know, right? Wait until you see them in your hand, you'll LOVE them!! You know the funny thing, I mentioned earlier that we started using them for our new mens line and now....the mens line looks the best!! The black jars just went with the color scheme, its just not right :)

I did order the plastic lids because I was pretty certain that I would label the jars, but now I'm thinking a different lid and lable the lid. Guess I'll have to wait until the samples get here. Have fun testing! I'll get some photos up later in the week when the sample labels get here. Hope you'll let me know how your testing goes!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Debbie! How perfect that black/white/silver is your color scheme, they will look so great!! Great shipping too, to "Joisey" from CA...not bad! Will be back soon with some more pics. Have fun with the new jars!

OK, here's the first label, black semi-gloss. What do you think? Can you picture it on the these jars?

I don't have the actual label sample in hand, so I won't post any pics with the label on the jar until the end of the week.

post-13884-139458494975_thumb.jpg

Thanks Debbie!!!

Tracey, you CRACK ME UP!!! Soon friend....soon :) I know, I can't wait to have the actual label in my hand then on the jar, FINGERS CROSSED that it looks good. Thank you!!!

Edited by sisters3

From the LOVELY, well-designed label (which, to comply with FTC labeling regulations, needs the net weight of the product on it in both common (ounces) and metric (grams)...

"All Natural"

REALLY? :undecided There's nothing "all natural" about soy wax or fragrance oils...

Thanks Stella, 100% agree on the FTC labeling regulations, the net weight is on a clear label with the scent, on the bottom of the jar, as with our other candles.

As to the use of all natural, that was only in the layout and subsequently removed. We did have a professional look into the use of "natural" on our products and he gave a determination that at one point we were good with and now not, I will share that with you at some point if you are interested. Its quite interesting. I should add that IF an additional "opinion" that we are waiting on supports the first, we will again add it to our labeling.

Edited by sisters3

Thanks Sandra, yes, they did email a proof BUT the actual label is not here yet. They were nice enough to allow a very small run for me to try, I did have to pay a small amount, but their normal minimum run was too large for me without having sample in hand, I'm sure you know what I mean. We've ordered several times from them so glad they stepped up to the plate for a current customer, so many will not.

Very nice label sisters... given the shape am I correct that you are going to put it on the jar itself?

Is it pretty reasonable to have them printed for you? I am finding that as much time as I spend fighting with my printer- sending them out may be a wiser choice if its not super expensive, I have never looked in to yet...yet!

Good job and that is going to make an amazing line

Hi there MoonShine! Thank you! Yes, our plan is to label the jar, now that may change once the actual label gets here, and as promised I will post a pic of the jar with the label on it. If it does not work out then we'll need to go with label on the lid, we'll see. I can totally relate to the time spent on printing your own labels, getting them custom made will change your world! We've only starte doing custom labels and it really makes all the difference. We started by using "stickers" because they were most econmical, $77 for (250) of them. If you want some help with setting up the label, etc. feel free to PM me and I will be more than happy to get you to the site and help walk you through the process if you like. Believe me it took me so much time to FINALLY find the right company. Let me know how I can help you, I'll be happy to send you some photos of how the "sticker" looks on a candle, the term sticker does not do it justice. You will love them!

Edited to say: The black label is a semi-gloss label and not as reasonable as the "sticker" that I refer to, but we wanted a specific look for the black jar, it was tough.

Edited by sisters3

Hello All!! As promised here is a photo of the lable affixed to the jar so you can get an idea of what it looks like. Hope this helps those of you wanting to start offering the black jar. I like the look, I think we'll stick with it.

post-13884-139458495125_thumb.jpg

That's great! Like it very much. The color combo is perfect! I've tried all 3 Monticiano's. The black is definitely the best. The chrome is absolutely gorgeous, as long as you're standing over it looking down into jar. When 1st lit, it's stunning, I could see the reflection from flame. Not so much as the wax burns deeper into jar. Frosted still debating as to whether I like it or not.

Label looks great but I'm really torn because I loved the look with no label and that candlelight showing through. You know you are a troublemaker here...I'm going to be in deep doodoo when the order arrives and hubby sees multiple boxes! Or worse yet, when he goes South and I ask him to pick it all up for me.. :highfive:

Label looks great but I'm really torn because I loved the look with no label and that candlelight showing through. You know you are a troublemaker here...I'm going to be in deep doodoo when the order arrives and hubby sees multiple boxes! Or worse yet, when he goes South and I ask him to pick it all up for me.. :highfive:

Ha ha!! I know!! Honestly, I really pondered on the entire label, no label thing as well and my decision my change again, who knows, its really tough. But for now we'll go with and see what kind of feedback we get. OMG your hubby is going to be close to GW ?? You are a very lucky gal!!!! Thanks so much for the nice words too!!

Edited by sisters3

Ha ha!! I know!! Honestly, I really pondered on the entire label, no label thing as well and my decision my change again, who knows, its really tough. But for now we'll go with and see what kind of feedback we get. OMG your hubby is going to be close to GW ?? You are a very lucky gal!!!! Thanks so much for the nice words too!!

I prefer no label for a sleek contemporary look. I love the white wax in the black jar! Gorgeous!

Horsescents and Debbie, thank you both very much! You kind of remind me of what goes on inside my head with this new jar...."label....no label...label" Ha ha, one of my sisters and I made a deal and SOME will be labeled for the Gent Scents and others will be no label. So, the best of both worlds :)

Edited by sisters3

Horsescents and Debbie, thank you both very much! You kind of remind me of what goes on inside my head with this new jar...."label....no label...label" Ha ha, one of my sisters and I made a deal and SOME will be labeled for the Gent Scents and others will be no label. So, the best of both worlds :)

That's a good idea because those candles without labels will appeal to ladies with contemporary decor.