Wicking-Monticiano Black Glass-Opinions Please

Hi there, I could use some objective opinions on this please. I'm leaning towards wicking up, I have a tendency to do that....but wanted to hear what others thought.

This is a new container for me and hoped my tested "wick/jar" combination would work.

Question is, do you think this is acceptable for after 8 hours? 4 hours yesterday and another 4 today? I of course will continue the test but was anxious to hear your opinions.

Thank you very much!

post-13884-139458494385_thumb.jpg

post-13884-139458494388_thumb.jpg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will clean up for sure. As the flame travels down into the glass it will trap way more heat. I'd bet the glass will be clean. Most of my 3-inch diameter round glass containers do not burn that close to the edge over the first quarter of the glass and always clean up by mid point. Love the glass!

It will clean up for sure. As the flame travels down into the glass it will trap way more heat. I'd bet the glass will be clean. Most of my 3-inch diameter round glass containers do not burn that close to the edge over the first quarter of the glass and always clean up by mid point. Love the glass!

Thank you! I sure was hoping to hear that, you sound very sure, must have experience with this type (10 oz straight side) container. The photos do not even come close to how sharp these jars look, AND they have round plastic covers which help a ton!

Do you happen to use GB464 as well? Just for educational purposes, is that what leads you to be so sure that it will clean up?

I didn't see any mention of the diameter of the container...

Because you are TESTING, pour another one and wick up one size so you can evaluate both wicks all the way to the end.

How is the HT?

Hello.....3.13" and the HT was great! Thanks for looking

Beautiful jar...beautiful burning candle. Congrats!

Thanks very, very much! Going to begin the "branding" phase now, that should be a real treat....(not), we'll see. The clear labels (no label look) just are not cutting it because of the black glass, no mater WHAT color ink I use, but we'll get there....

Thanks again for the kind words!

Hey there Tracey, you and sister #1 think very much alike!!

I will start the layout and hopefully be able to get (2) samples, both black with yellowish gold lettering, in a matte and semi gloss black label. I'm with you and sister #1, the only way to go is black on black, anything else might look cheesy??

ClassicCandle...great minds.....WOW, so many creative thinkers here, not me though, I just do what I'm asked to when it comes to "branding" :)

Edited by sisters3