Wicking-Monticiano Black Glass-Opinions Please

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question... From the photo, it appears that the container is not opaque black, but translucent - just very dark. Am I correct about this? I want the glow of the flame to still be visible, even if somewhat muted. Do you know if the chrome-coated containers are also translucent? Thanks! :smiley2:

I have a question... From the photo, it appears that the container is not opaque black, but translucent - just very dark. Am I correct about this? I want the glow of the flame to still be visible, even if somewhat muted. Do you know if the chrome-coated containers are also translucent? Thanks! :smiley2:

Hi there Stella, yes you are correct, the glow of the flame is still visible. If you like I will shoot some photos and post here. I am on the road this week but back home tomorrow and will be happy to post some photos if you like.

Edited to say: Can't chime in on the chrome ones.

Edited by sisters3

Hi Tracey!! I like it too! I didn't get the chrome, but good to know about the clear glass bottom. You WILL love the black ones though. I did get the plastic tops they fit and look super. I am still testing the entire label thing, they are almost too nice to slap a label on. I will post some pics to get your opinion when ready, if you don't mind.

Ok, now I know I need to pick some up! Love it. I used to use a clear label on the front of my frosted Monticiano candles but then went with a bottom label only that has the caution, my info and the scent. I also put a clear return address label with just the scent name on the pvc lid. With the black jars, I might have to buy the nicer lids and then won't want to put anything on it...lol. Right now I think the nicer lids are only avail for the 7 oz so I might be safe for a while.

That is lovely! I'm for putting the label on the lid - I don't like labels on my containers as a rule. You could also opt for a clear label with gold or white ink, but those would have to be custom made since one can't print white or gold ink from a home printer.

I think you might want to try one size larger wick. By halfway in a container of that diameter, I'd want to see a cleaner jar although the residue is not an eyesore by any means.

Thanks so much for the photo - this is going to be a hot product for you!! (no pun intended!) :-)

Thanks for the kind words Stella, we were thinking the same thing so we're going to pour another tester tomorrow, CD14 this time just to see if we get a bit more cleanup. I'm waiting for 2 label samples now, and as promised will post some more photos, they must be custom, as you mentioned, so we'll see how they go. The lid label may win out. This has been a tricky jar to work with but I think it will be worth it. Its our new men's line and just received our state registration (common law trademark) on the graphic/slogan, mabye we'll pay for the federal registration if things go well. Thanks again !

PS: For those that asked, we used a CD12 wick, thanks for looking.

I would like to know what wick also I have been looking at those jars drooling & I'd also like to see pics of the label you came up with as well. Where can I find black labels?

I will be testing a semi gloss black label, custom printed from print my thing. Not sure where to buy the blank labels, but print my thing does a super job at the custom printing. We'll decide once we recieve the 2 samples. Thanks!

I LOVE this candle. GREAT JOB! I love it so much I placed an order from GW and received it today. I however, ordered the black opaque 7 oz jars with the silver lid.

I'm no big seller, but my current color scheme is black/white/silver...so I fell in love with this jar. The shipping from CA only cost me $21. Which I thought

was pretty darn good for 24 jars/lids and 4 4oz fragrance oils clear across the Country to Joisey lol.

I look forward to seeing more of your pics with label etc. :)

Edited by debratant

Fine thing you started there sisters! LOL

I too ordered these jars- they are very sharp-- love them!

I have looked and looked for a more contemporary jar to add since I only use the 8 ounce square mason and it doesn't always fit in people decor and when I saw this one- well no questions asked- it is the one!

I cannot wait to get them and start the testing!

Are you doing the label on top of the plastic lid? Or did you get the silver covers?