Quilt I'm working on.

SliverOfWax

It's beautiful. What is the design called? My grandmother used to make quilts and made me one of those sampler quilts made up of all different patterns that I still have. I tried quilting one time and quickly found out I did not have the necessary patience. Wish I did because I think quilts are wonderful.

heh heh, you'll be waiting awhile. It's extreme slow going.

I always have more than one going at a time. I just finished this one a couple of weeks ago:

Snapshot_20111219.jpg

....and am in process of pinning and starting the quilting on this one (with the help of my little girl):

Snapshot_20111229.jpg

...and then there's this one that I've just started figuring out colors for and won't start actually working on 'til who knows when. It's a Loralie Harris panel that I've cut up into individual applique pieces :

Snapshot_20111225_1.jpg

Edited by SliverOfWax

I do admire those that cut & sew all those little pieces together - I can't number myself among them because I just don't have the paitence. My method of quilt making is geared more toward instant gratification in that I'll buy a pretty piece of material & make a one-piece top and then stitch in & around whatever design it is. I do enjoy just sitting & lap-stitching which is probably a little odd because it takes forever but I find it soothing.

Your quilts are fabulous! And I love your doggy too! :)

Do you sell your quilts? I know a lady who makes beautiful quilts for sale, but every time she finishes one she can't bear to part with it, so she says, "Oh, no, this one is much too nice to sell." and she folds it up and puts it in the closet. She's been doing that for years. lol

I've shown this one to SliverOfWax before, this is not the type of quilt she likes. LMAO

This is a baby blanket I made for my great niece.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23251[/ATTACH]

too dayum much work for me............but God bless you for your patience in putting together all those pieces. :-}

too dayum much work for me............but God bless you for your patience in putting together all those pieces. :-}

Naw, this type of quilt is really easy, actually. It just looks difficult. You just sew 4 long strips together and cut them into triangles. Do this for however many triangles you need to finish the quilt. Sew the triangles together. Each triangle has 8.5" sides. I did the whole quilt top in an afternoon. The next afternoon I quilted it by machine and then did the binding. The binding takes longer to sew by hand than the entire rest of the quilt.