True Creme Brulee

CaftCandles

I am new to this forum and fairly new to candle making and I am looking for a true Creme Brulee FO that is a rich and creamy vanilla custard with caramelized sugar. I have purchased several in my search for a specific one and all of what I found is riddled with Nutmeg, Coconut, Cinnamon or some other spice. On what planet does Creme Brulee have Nutmeg, Coconut or Cinnamon in it?:mad: OK! I feel better now.:smiley2: I am just looking for the original and very simple sweet vanilla custard and sugar FO. I have tried FO's from Lonestar, The Candlemakers Store, Indiana Candle, Candles and Supplies, Bitter Creek and Natures Garden.

Can any one help?

Ky's at Rustic and Starrvilles are the same. Rich buttery, strong, very good seller, creme brulee. They do make all kinds of real creme brulee that have chocolate, strawberry, spice, etc. And because of Cappuchino Brulee, some companies think it has to be a coffee flavor. Like the Brulee means coffee. Beats me.

Thanks everyone for all of your input. I will try some of your reccommendations very soon. The Creme Brulee that I am looking for is very desirable in my area and I would like to find the good one so that I can work out all of the bugs soon so I can make my customers happy. Some years ago I would travel through Paris every two months and I would always get a Creme Brulee while I was there, so delicious! I think the Pumpkin, Caramel, Chocolate and others are American versions of the dessert which are good in their own right, but in my research, I found that the original sells better. I may later try to blend my own American versions so as not to get all of those spices in there and over power the whole scent.

Starrvilles is new to me and I hope they have good FO's because they are closer to me than most of my suppliers. I didn't know that Bitter Creek had a North and a South office, I feel a little stupid because I am usually more thorough when I read through peoples websites. I've never purchased anything from Peaks but I plan to soon so I will throw in a Creme Brulee to try theirs, after all I've already tried 6 others, one more shouldn't hurt, much!

Thanks Again!

I'm with BCN's creme brulee - very strong and creamy - yum!

I have the FO from BCN, in fact I have 5 test candles curing for a wick experiment that I am currently working on. Creme Brulee from BCN has a nutmeg or some other spice in the foreground that is overwhelming. BCN's is not a bad fragrance but it is not Creme Brulee, I might be able to tolerate it more if the spice was in the background, way in the background. An acquaintance of mine some years ago started a candle company and got overwhelmed between unusually high sales (due to his Creme Brulee) and his regular job then sold his company. I am told the company has been sold 3 times since and from what I understand is that the quality has severly suffered. I believe he developed his Creme Brulee direct with a manufacture that smells exactlly like the dessert or maybe even better. I'm sure I will never find that exact FO but I would like to find something comparable. I ordered several FO's from OnlyFragrance yesterday and had them throw in a Creme Brulee for me to try. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! If that is not the one my search will continue, if you could smell the one I am talking about you too would be as interested as I am.

Thanks for all of your help!

A short story about my acquaintances Creme Brulee candle quality:

I was burning a Creme Brulee one day in my kitchen which is 2 rooms over from the living area when a friend came over for a visit. Later, (about 2 hours later) after appearing nervious he asked "Hey when are you going to take that cake out of the oven?". I was a bit dumbfounded for the moment when I realized that it was the candle he was refering too. I laughed and broke the bad news to him that there was no cake. This is when he informed me that the only reason he stayed so long was for the cake, nice to be wanted!

The moral of the story, That was one good candle! I consistantly got about the same response from everyone that smelled that Creme Brulee and aside from selfish reasons I would like to produce it and I have wholesale customers requesting that same candle.

Ky's, Southwest Candle Supply (formerly Just by Nature), and Starville (now Tyler) all smell similar to me and I LOVE them! Southwest also has a creme brulee deluxe--pricey but I did use less fo per pound and it smells just like the regular creme brulee only richer and stronger.

I have the FO from BCN, in fact I have 5 test candles curing for a wick experiment that I am currently working on. Creme Brulee from BCN has a nutmeg or some other spice in the foreground that is overwhelming. BCN's is not a bad fragrance but it is not Creme Brulee, I might be able to tolerate it more if the spice was in the background, way in the background.

I do not smell this overwhelming spice/nutmeg you speak of.

But you know what you want, so keep up the journey and when you find it, please let us know because I would love to test it!

Edited by Seamist

I too can smell the nutmeg in bcn's creme brulee, but I have to say I think it smells really good oob (haven't put it in my wax yet). I did just pour KY's and have it test burning right now and it is so awesome! If you haven't tried this one yet it is definately worth a shot.

I too can smell the nutmeg in bcn's creme brulee, but I have to say I think it smells really good oob (haven't put it in my wax yet). I did just pour KY's and have it test burning right now and it is so awesome! If you haven't tried this one yet it is definately worth a shot.

I plan to try KY's soon, I'm just a little scared! Everytime I make an order from someone new I end up with a shopping cart list of FO's as long as my arm. BCNs Creme Brulee OOB smelled sweet with a hint on something in the background until I poured it in the wax and then, WOW! the background came up to the front. I am waiting on a delivery of some new FO's (one of them a Creme Brulee), when I am able to test it, I will post the results.