Rather Disappointed with my first supply order

I have been so excited ever since I placed my order. It came today and my hubby called to tell me it had arrived. He told me the box was split down one corner completely to the point that the peanuts were falling out. I had him open it immediately to check the damage. My pouring pot was squashed. :( He was able to pull it back out to somewhat resemble what it should have, but I am the type of person who likes new things because they are perfect. Then one of my jars has a huge chunk missing out of the lid. :(. But, I think that was actually there when they packed it, because it was the middle jar in the box of jars. I know I don't really need the lid to burn the candle, but again, I like new things because they are perfect. Also, one of my scent seems to have this greasy stuff all over the outside of the bottle, so I had to wipe it and my hands down real good after handling it the first time.

I am going to contact the supplier tommorrow and I hope they offer to make it right, but what a let down.

But, even with the damaged products, I still get to pour my first candle this weekend, so I am still excited about that and even my hubby is excited. He was telling me all sorts of ideas he came up with today for us to make once we get somewhat good, lol.

I used LoneStar Candle Supply. I actually ordered my supplies before I found this site and was nervous that I may have jumped the gun on ordering once I saw all these other suppliers being recommended on this site. But, I read one thread that recommended them, so I felt better. Now, I am back to thinking next time I might try a different supplier.

Let Lone Star know, but you will have to file a claim with the carrier.

If the items were not properly packaged, then Lone Star should make good.

But for sure Lone Star didn't ship them out in a torn carton...

Did you take photos, I hope?

Edited by Stella1952

As an added note, call Lonestar and don't just rely on email to communicate. It's actually them who needs to replace your goods and file a complaint with the shipping company. You can voice your dissatisfaction in how things were received. If you don't get replacements, be sure to let your credit card company know you aren't paying for that purchase. You should be able to successfully dispute it.

I've had a good experience with the quality and shipping from Lonestar. I had a problem with their billing one time that caused me to stop doing business with them for the time being. Maybe next year I'll order again, but I was so turned off at the incident that I worked pretty hard to find other suppliers. I think their customer support was OK. They are well aware of the billing issue and promised to fix it so maybe I'll try them again. I wonder if the oily stuff was just a bit of seepage of the FO.

MY first soap making order was a disaster too, a bottle of rosemary eo had broken and was all over the box, omg the stink..But the good news is pretty much every order since has been just fine. I am sure they will take care of it for you.

For sure CALL Lonestar. They will take care of this issue for you I feel sure. I agree, don't rely on an email. I had a problem once with a box I picked up there of glassware. (one missing out of the box) They replaced the entire box.

I've been at this supplier, they have a wonderful warehouse, nice staff and a great showroom for clients. Their packaging has been impeccable to me here.

I'm sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience with your received order. But I bet you that the company will make things right with you.

And atleast you have your basic materials and can go ahead and get started on making your candles.

Trust me you will have fun!

I had this experience with a case of wax. I took pics and sent them to the supplier who filed a claim against UPS. I received a case and was not required to ship back the damaged wax. I was real upset when the box showed up all torn and the wax was stained with oil. I was real happy that with two cases of wax for the price of one though. Suppliers want to make it right (in most cases) so don't think badly about Lone Star. HTH

Steve

It is quite the coincidence that you posted this. I received an order from Lone Star this week. I took advantage of the sample sale last week and the box came damaged also. There was nothing inside the box that was wrecked so I did not think much of it but now that I think of it the box was packed very strange. There were no packing peanuts in it at all. The 7 or 8 samples and labels I ordered were just floating around in the box haphazardly. (sp?)

Very unusual for Lone Star. There boxes usually come in very good condition and wonderfully packed. hhmmm

Took the words right outta my fingers LOL

If people only knew what UPS does with packages! Remember the old commercial with the gorilla jumping up and down on the luggage? Close, very close. DH and DD both worked there. It's not pretty.

If people only knew what UPS does with packages! Remember the old commercial with the gorilla jumping up and down on the luggage? Close, very close. DH and DD both worked there. It's not pretty.

Agree 1,000%... to say they may play kickball with your boxes would be accurate, unfortunately.

It's getting near that time of year again!! Holiday overload = Squashed packages!!

UPS delivered my wax today - the boxes were all over the truck. Asked him what happened. He said someone stacked the wax on the top shelf and they fell off!! Guess what was on the floor of the truck.. A big screen TV. Box looked a little smashed.

Another one of my cases of wax was on a box that said. Fragile/Glass.

Someone receiving these items will not be happy today.