Todays Surprise

sharyl55

The first time I ordered from them I got three 1/2 oz samples...everytime thereafter it's been one 1/2 oz. sample with each order. I think that's a bit skimpy...you can't do a whole lot with a 1/2 oz sample except make a few tarts...but then again, that's pretty much all you would need to see if you liked the scent or not. I guess we've been spoiled by Peak's 1 oz samples.

I think you get free samples if you order a certain amount as well as the first time you order. Personally, I think those 1/2 oz samples are a waste of time. I'd rather they give you at least 1 oz like Peaks does with every internet order. They can afford it. At least then I'd have more for B&B but still not enought to properly test for a candle.

• 5 weeks later...
I love the way Just Scent sends out those free samples~~with every order ~you get to pick your own scents of the 3 free samples you get~WOW what more could you ask for!!!! 1 oz size samples in your choice of scents.Great Deal:bliss:

Sue Ann

I agree! Nothing better than getting to pick your own free scents. It's a great marketing strategy, IMO. I can't tell you how many lbs of FO I've turned around and bought after getting the sample for free! LOVE LOVE LOVE Becky!!

OK...I hope this doesn't come off as rude, but honestly with the numbers you guys are pouring, you have to be spending some big bucks with suppliers. I spend big bucks with suppliers and I only make a small fraction of the candles that those of you that are in the business are making. That been said, it is like getting a "quarter" tip for a waiter...no, actually it is worse because you are the client spending your hard earned money. With the competition as strong as it seems to be in the supply business, you would think that they would be more generous with their clients...especially the repeat business.

I could be wrong, but I think that the "mark up" on FO is substantial. Honestly, if I couldn't give more than 1/2 oz, I wouldn't give anything. It just makes me want to say " Keep it....you need it more than me". Again, I hope that doesnt sound rude but thats the way I feel about it.

I agree,

That is one of the reasons I love Just Scent, Becky treats her customers like we are the most important people in her business. Not to mention her freebies and sales are the best I have ever encountered. I have always wondered why more companies don't give out free samples, it only helps their business.

You weren't rude Michael. I was just surprised since I have ordered on and off from them for almost 2 years and this was the 1st time they sent any kind of a freebie. Don't have a clue what I'll do with 1/2 oz samples. Do know I spend more time looking thru the peanuts for my Peaks sample than checking the order out. LOL

Royal Aromatics gives 5 1oz samples each order. They do have a $50 min. order though.

I like Just Scents too. There's are 1oz size.

I agree with Michael though. That's why I can hardly wait to have my own website. I want to reward people that spend a ton of money with me. Like send them a lb of FO if they order $500 or $1000 from me. I do that now with good customers. I give them a free candle or soap now and then to show I appreciate them.

I love some of my suppliers but I have spent some serious cash with them and most don't even send the small samples. One place (can't remember who) sent three tiny 1/8 oz vials. I didn't even really consider getting their FO from those samples. If I can't test it in something what's the point, right? Another place I saw recently has a thing called "sniffies" If you want to smell their FO you get some cotton swabs with the scent on it in a baggie for free in the mail. Again, I laughed and thought what's the point.

If you want to smell their FO you get some cotton swabs with the scent on it in a baggie for free in the mail. Again, I laughed and thought what's the point.

Exactly, how the heck are you supposed to know how the scent performs?! Sure, it might smell okay, but if you can't "try" it in your wax or soap, what's the point?

Royal Aromatics gives 5 1oz samples each order. They do have a $50 min. order though.

I like Just Scents too. There's are 1oz size.

I agree with Michael though. That's why I can hardly wait to have my own website. I want to reward people that spend a ton of money with me. Like send them a lb of FO if they order $500 or $1000 from me. I do that now with good customers. I give them a free candle or soap now and then to show I appreciate them.

I love some of my suppliers but I have spent some serious cash with them and most don't even send the small samples. One place (can't remember who) sent three tiny 1/8 oz vials. I didn't even really consider getting their FO from those samples. If I can't test it in something what's the point, right? Another place I saw recently has a thing called "sniffies" If you want to smell their FO you get some cotton swabs with the scent on it in a baggie for free in the mail. Again, I laughed and thought what's the point.

WHAT!!??:shocked2: You get to sniff a cotton swab...for FREE ?? ????!!!!:shocked2:

I can't believe! Now THAT is tacky, cheap and outrageous! I don't care WHO you are, if YOU thought that idea up....if you are reading this, you MIGHT want to rethink sending out such nonsense to your clients. Totally useless and embarrassing.

Send their swabs back to them....seems cheap AND unsanitary!

Like all have mentioned 1/2 ounce isn't enough but what really amazes me some companies sell 1/2 ounce and they ask same price as what other supply companies ask for the 1 ounce samples.I shop around for scents and price comparison and am amazed they even sell the 1/2 ounce.Waste of time.

LynnS

I agree! Nothing better than getting to pick your own free scents. It's a great marketing strategy, IMO. I can't tell you how many lbs of FO I've turned around and bought after getting the sample for free! LOVE LOVE LOVE Becky!!

I wholeheartedly second that...she's the best and she knows what works. Almost every sample I've gotten, I've turned around and eventually ordered. That's cuz I know what I like (basically) and by letting me choose which samples I'd like to get, it only makes sense that a sale will probably follow. She has got to stop getting all these new great sounding FO's in every week, tho...I can't take the temptation!

I've gotten some decent (smelling) samples from BCN but they are starting to collect dust amongst the rest of my supplies...what to do with 1/2 oz except sniff the bottle till I get an "FO high"? Hmmm, maybe not such a bad idea....