Short Video On How Yankee Candles are Made

I saw this when it first showed on American Made?. Wonder what the up side is to pressing pellets instead of pouring wax for votives?

The pressing process saves time - if liquid were poured, the candles would have to cool for hours.

I agree with Eric. Regardless of what one might think of Yankee Candles you have to give them credit for expanding the idea of home fragrance. Mike Kittredge went through the same trials and hardships many of us go through to try and get our business up and running. The company isn't the same now but I still appreciate what he's done.

Ya gotta love capitalism! You can buy the episode at Amazon for $1.99 or the entire Season 2 for $24.99. They probably don't like people seeing it for free. Here's the link if you're interested.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0029IOESA/ref=pd_vodsm_B00269PENG

By the way, I'm not affiliated with this in any way. I will make nothing if you choose to purchase it. I just wanted to make it available to those who might be interested in watching it. To be honest there isn't much there that you're going to use in your business but it's interesting to know a little bit about the process the big boys use.

Pressing Pellets

Might be a Patent Yankee Process

Nope, not limited to Yankee. Pam is right - it's a processing thing. It's cheaper to mfg that way.

I wish I could have seen the video - now I'm off too google it and see if I can find it elsewhere!