testing 1ozers

Im sorry these are huge.. i dont know how to resize them since I took them right off my etsy

Awapuhi Seaberry (omg delicious)

il_570xN.213951905.jpg

PlumBerry

il_570xN.213953182.jpg

Tall Grass

il_570xN.213958833.jpg

and some bars

White Tea and Berries

il_570xN.213968078.jpg

Matcha/Green Tea

il_570xN.213969396.jpg

Sap Moss (damn line didnt turn out as hoped but I'm still happy with it)

il_570xN.213972625.jpg

Ginger Peach

il_570xN.213965623.jpg

Yay soaping!! I've been having alot of fun testing 1ozers, its been awhile since I did it. My goal is one batch per day - I have over 200 to get through if I test them all.

thanks guys! Barbara I've been using the bottom of my log mold for years and that gave me 4 oddly shaped bars, but I went ahead an bought a silicone mold from Kristy http://www.etsy.com/transaction/41713453 and thats been working great for me! I use 16oz of oils and it fits just perfect!! :yay: I have noticed if I dont get a good gel, it doesnt want to come out.. but this is the perfect size mold for those 1oz bottles

I have to force gel on mine to get it out or let it sit a couple of days.

Barbara

yep me too, messed up my first two batches in it because neither gelled and I just didnt think about it, went to pop them out and oops... half still stuck to the sides! I think in the summer I shouldnt have an issue since it stays around 80* in my soaping room (gah!) but right now im having trouble maintaining 68 in there, so it just doesnt want to gel unless I'm wrapping it in two towels and putting it by the heater vent. stupid winter. hehe

Edited by LuminousBoutique

Your soaps are great! I wish I had read this thread a few hours ago about the gel!! I just put my first batch in my mold from Kristy, just a few hours ago. I am pretty sure it never got to gel. So I will have to wait a few days?I was thinking maybe putting it in the fridge or freezer a few minutes before trying to unmold?

I was wondering if the silicone is heat resistant.... BarbaraAL do you put it in the oven? how do you force gel? I put mine in a carboard box and wrapped a towel around it but it still didn't get warm enough.

I would post pics but my camera cord is playing hide-n-seek and I am losing the game.

Edited by tlc26

You could put it in a cardboard box and then put a heating pad under it on warm or low. I have these microwave heating pads I put under mine they are made out of Deer Corn and Cherry pits. I think it will be fine if it doesn't gel I know you have cold weater up there just leave it in the mold for 2 days.

Barbara AL

I use a metal 90* angle stolen from the hubbys workshop, lol, and then just eyeball it, works pretty good :)

Thats a good idea with the heating pad for gel! I actually have some in a box that we used to have for our snake... never thought to use them for soap!

I should add my recipe has alot of shea and its pretty soft for a good 24-48 hours, so thats part of the issue for me. I did a shampoo bar recipe in it and it popped right out after 12 hours, Im pretty sure it partially gelled, but much harder so it had no issues, that was nice!

What a good idea!!!! I hadn't thought about making 1# batches to use up some of my 1 ozer's. I've got a ton of them too but normally mix them with another fo to get a custom blend. I'll have to try the soap. Would the plastic velveeta cheese boxes work as a mold for these?