Looking for citrusy scents for soap and lotion

ah-soy

Really haven't picked up any citrus scents from NG other than Bite Me. But, have only used that in my pet shampoo. Smells kinda like a tropical fruit punch. Have been wanting to try their Blood Orange.

Other scents I would recommend:

Japanese Pear and Ginseng - Elements - This doesn't smell amazing OOB but boy does it turn out nice in the product. I was surprised.

Grapefruit and Mangosteen - CS

Calabrian Bergamot and Violet - AH/RE - This is wonderful in lotion

Lemon Verbena - AH/RE

hth,

J

Edited by ProudMarineMom

Citrus Splash from Cierra is really juicy citrus imo. I made some m&p molds and did some of the silk soap dipped petals in it. I did it about 2 weeks ago and my bathroom is still really fragrant from it. I've got them in a decorative bowl on the sink. I also did some tarts but haven't tested them yet but CT is really strong. Gonna make myself some air fresheners in it as well.

Grapefruit mangosteen from CS IS lovely, but candles only.

Whoa, Luminous, good catch, I really did not see that. I made some bath melts with it and they smell yummy. Let me go throw those away. Glad I haven't given those to anybody to test yet. Boy, I need to pay better attention. Ack! :lipsrseal

Whoa, Luminous, good catch, I really did not see that. I made some bath melts with it and they smell yummy. Let me go throw those away. Glad I haven't given those to anybody to test yet. Boy, I need to pay better attention. Ack! :lipsrseal

I almost missed it the first time too, and i wish we knew why! Might have something to do with the grapefruit? Im not sure. It smells so good I really wish we could use it in everything!!

As far as NG's scents....

Bamboo & White Grapefruit

Chipolte Salsa

Sweet Orange Chili

Pineapple Orchid

Hawaiian Ginger (best seller for me in B&B at shows)

The Clementine is nice but I don't particularly think it is good enough as a stand alone oil. It blends nicely though.

Good luck!

• 1 year later...

Can any of you recommend something that smells like an afternoon in Italy? The scent of lemons, fresh air, and olive leaves? How is this one from Nature's Garden:

"Capri Olivo- A Luxury Spa fragrance! Wisk away to Capri Island; a breath-taking paradise overlooking the Mediterranean Sea. Your mind will embrace this cultural encounter, while your soul attains pure harmony. Capri Olivo is a culturally complex aroma of tart Japanese grapefruit, Fresh Osmanthus (Sweet Olive), and dew-covered watercress; followed by middle notes of rose, jasmine, and cassis. To create subtle ecstasy, Capri Olivo sits on a dry down of fresh amber and myrrh."

Also I've noticed that a lot of men's scents are citrusy and I'm not against wearing those if I like them. A couple of examples:

"Natures Garden Animalistic Instinct Fragrance- Sexy and masculine, this intoxicating fragrance has clean citrus notes of orange and lemon with spicy notes of clove, anise, pepper and rose. Notes of vanilla, leather, balsam and warm musks lead to an unforgettable finish.

Natures Garden's Black Code Type fragrance oil: An oriental, alluring, masculine aroma that begns with citrus top notes of bergamot, and fresh lemon; leading to a base note of olive flower; and sitting on base notes of Tonka bean and Guiac woods.

Natures Garden's Toxic Trance fragrance is a unisex, incredibly sexy fragrance which begins with top notes of green citrus notes, mellowed out with powdery floral notes that appear to glisten. The middle of the fragrance involves the infusion of neroli, violet, and herbs, with a bottom of powdery floral musk."

And since I seem to be on a Nature's Garden kick (not really; I just knew they had a lot of this kind of scent in their descriptions), there's this one that's more for women:

"Natures Garden Vamp Vogue fragrance oil is a sexy, gothic statement, beginning with top notes of Blood Orange, Ruby Red Grapefruit, and Mandarin; followed by middle notes of Geranium, Bourbon, Oak Moss, and Dark Patchouli; sitting on notes of Black Amber, Sandal Tree, Cashmere, and Musk."

I've had a grapefruit and musk made by a perfume company that was really great, but I'm looking around for other options.

I'd appreciate any comments on those, and other recommendations and reviews you might have.

Darbla - The only one I can speak to is the Capri D Olivo from NG - it is basically a dupe of Philosophy's Be Somebody fragrance. Strong olive notes & citrus - I really liked it - at first I didn't - but couldn't resist continually coming back to smell it again & again - those that are looking specifically for that type scent adore it. Very Italian spa-type scent.

BCN Key Lime Pie is to die for in lotion & MP. I don't do CP/HP but according to the BC board posts it holds up great in soap but will discolor without vanilla stabilizer. It is a very strong, crisp citrus. I don't pick up the pie/bakery in it and call it just Key Lime. OMG!