What do you enjoy making

Lisa

This is going to be an interesting thread. :smiley2:

I personally despise making candles. Although they are very successful sellers for me in both base business and wholesale. I find them mundane now. I am going to add a more upscale container candle to my line in 2006. What used to be fun is now too much like work... LMAO!!!

Bath and Body is my passion. The funny thing is after I do all this ranting about candles, I have to say they have paid for every stage of development in adding items to my B&B line. I just had a new logo done again.. LOL!

I believe Doug has it in his portfolio online if you want to check it out.

B&B is so much fun, and much more addicting than candles. Its an expensive thing to get into, however there are so many things you can create that are completely your own formulas. Plus I am a total packaging whore- so B&B fits the bill for me.

Candles cuz I'm a chicken chit to try B&B lol! And besides MA wouldn't speak English when trying to explain it to me LMAO!

LMAO!! Oh the pain........ :P

Now Scented my dear, you know all you have to do is get your butt back in New York for a little girls only vacation and I will teach you B&B. In plain english. Mind you, after you get back home and start spending money like its going out of style~ I might get a surprise visit from Rockin with an axe.... LMAO!! Oh wait.... you do that already!!! :P

Perhaps we can have Kimberly come down too- and I will go get Deb, so both of you can be corrupted by Kim and I! Don't say you weren't warned.

You know MA I know what kind of weather you get this time of year LMAO!! I ain't coming till it gets a bit warmer!!! But oh that sounds like a grand time!! Will I need to bring a dictionary though? Tell Kim to bring lots of patchouli LMAO! Rockin' won't come after you with an axe. He thinks we (meaning me) need to learn some B&B. And I was so enjoying testing some of Anita's, Theresa's and Karol's soaps!! Actually I still am enjoying it ;)

SCENTED! We will bring you over to the dark side! lol Just ask SlowBurn aka Heather...I got her started on B&B too.

I will bring all the nasty, stinky patchouli your little heart desires!:P

LMAO, I know that scented loves patch - I personally don't like it, so your quote is cracking me up :yay:

Call me boring...I just love to buy, make and burn Container Candles:)

I love Dermalogica products, and have been using them for so many years..I can't imagine ever making anything better for B&B.

I do make the Massage Cream we use in the Esthetics Department ( The Esthetician students said that Dermalogica's Massage Cream absorbed into the skin too readily) and have been told that Taylored Concepts is getting the base for Anti-Bacterial Hand Sanitizer so I will be playing with that also...we go through TONS of that at the school!

I would like to learn more about and work with Emu Oil. I believe in the amazing properties Emu contributes to the skin/joints and muscles.

This is a good question! I like my candles, but once you have it down, and the weather holds true, it become pretty rote. I'm really into lotions and creams right now, so I'm going to have to say B&B, although candles are a nice break when I get frustrated with the zillion ingredients that I always forget.

Hmmm....none of it lately! It's been too much!! LOL

I love making pillars, when I can just create and not have to "match" what a customer is mentally expecting.

Then again, I love making jars because they're so much easier than pillars! ROFL

and try to make them look as real as possible. I also really like making jar candles too even though they are not all that exciting. We decorate all of our half pints with a fabric insert and tie raffia and then place an ornie or a button on the bow, so those are fun to do. I also like to pour into pretty mugs. It is just a pain to test when introducing a new container is all. I also love to do lots of different shapes and pretty colorful soaps. My favorite is my huge soap bundt cake.:yay:

Soapymomma

Hmmm...this is an interesting question.

While I do love to make jar candles, the busy season (now) gets a little mundane.

I really enjoy making pillars because it allows me to really be creative and try different techniques I've seen here on CT.

I'm loving playing with B&B, but hard to play right now.

Love making water candles, but they are hard to sell just b/c they are so delicate and near impossible to get out to the customers without breaking. Picture hurricanes are probably 95% of my business, but they are soooo boring anymore...I really enjoy making octagon hurricanes with object embeds...they keep me challenged as to what I can embed in wax to make an amazing candle!

SCENTED! We will bring you over to the dark side! lol Just ask SlowBurn aka Heather...I got her started on B&B too.

I will bring all the nasty, stinky patchouli your little heart desires!:P

Tab you come too!! Ohhhh Kimberly I'll get all mushy with all that patch LMAO! Better have some Bunny and her Foo Foo punch too lol! You all might need it ;)

I love to make soap and other b and b stuff, soap and candles are running neck in neck as far as pieces sold for this year, I get sick of making container candles but I have to do it. I probably need more equipment to make my production easier, but well, who wants to spend the money.

This is a fun thread. For me, I prefer candles over B&B...I know, boring, right? I'm a fragrance junkie, so I am constantly putting new scents from diff. companies into my wax...I love to try different waxes, molds, packaging, etc. To me, it may never get old. There are so many things to try, that I sometimes feel I'll never master it all.