I sent an email... let's see explanation

mountainmadness

Okay... I could not help myself... I was very professional but sent WSP an email asking them about their shipping fees.

I have never used this company before but know that they have good customer service but I about died when I placed my order. I ordered 2 oz. malibu bottles with lids. I know that they would fit in a flat rate shipping box and cost $7.70 for me to receive in 2-3 days. The shipping was over $30.00 for a $14.00 order.

Come on people give me a break!! I will let you guys know if I receive a reply.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here!

One time I was going to order some wax because it was clearanced from them...for 60lbs of wax, the shipping was $82!! HUH? That didn't make any sense to me...and since then, I've refused to order from them. Which stinks, because they have some FO that I really want to try!

Yes, I've had the same problem with them. I thought their shipping cost had improved and they lowered the cost. I think I received something about it in an e-mail newsletter from them. Obviously it hasn't. Too bad, if the shipping weren't so high I would probably order from them more. Good Luck!!!

I'm a total sucker- I pay the outrageous shipping because if I didn't order from them, I'd have to order from like 7 different places to make up for it. And I'd rather get it all in one place...plus, I'm addicted to their shower gel, their lotion base and their soaps :) Not to mention a few of their FO's and wicks...ok, yeah, just about everything they carry!!! :) I know that TLC was offering to do a co-op from there (which was very nice of her) and she'd pick up the stuff and send it USPS..but I guess there wasn't enough interest. I really wish they weren't so expensive- but I still order :(

I got hosed to the first (and last) time I ordered. I refuse to order from tem just on principal. Their shipping prices are outrageous and their supplies are not cheap enough to warrant spending that much extra on shipping. I don't want to give my business to a company like that.

I got hosed to the first (and last) time I ordered. I refuse to order from tem just on principal. Their shipping prices are outrageous and their supplies are not cheap enough to warrant spending that much extra on shipping. I don't want to give my business to a company like that.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I will NEVER order from them again. I have only done business with them on one occasion and was in such a hurry I did not notice the shipping charge. I don't mind a handling fee, but WSP is just over the top!

I agree completely. There were a few items I purchased from WSP exclusively, but after my last order, I'll never purchase from them again. I had to place an order for sealers that I needed, last minute. They charged me $9.10 shipping for a $2+ order which didn't weigh an ounce. It would have honestly fit into a small envelope. DH was outraged and called them. He spoke to the owner/manager, whomever was in charge, and she promised to look into it and contact us with her findings before shipping out our order to see how we wanted to proceed. That evening I got a notice where they had shipped it out and charged our account without ever checking back with us. I don't know which of us was more angry:mad: . We called back and gave them a BIG piece of our minds. I'll never order with them again. Sorry so long, and for ranting:embarasse ;) .

and in my experience their customer service is *not* that great. they shipped to the wrong address, tried to say it was my fault, and that if i wanted my order i would have to pay all the *additional* shipping charges to get it to me. i refused and asked for my money back. i wonder if they realize that by telling me i am wrong when i have proof that i'm not and refusing to just send me my order without all that hassle, they lost a customer for life. how can a company that big not realize how much $$ they end up losing in situations like that? but then again, i doubt they care. it seemed like they really just wanted to argue and didn't listen to a word i said. oh well.

Wow!! I see some terrible experiences here. :shocked2:

I thought WSP had gotten better with their shipping, honestly. I ordered over 100 B&B containers and some other small items and my shipping charge was under 9.00 and I received my order within 3 days. I have bought from WSP many times and never had an issue.

Jennifer- (MM) did you try calling Debbie and asking her if she would use a flat rate box for shipping to Alaska? She is usually a reasonable business woman. I would give that a try and see what she can do for you.

It costs money to ship stuff.. packing materials, labor to pick and pack your order, etc and most large outfits just don't have the time to use multiple shipping methods.

In the grand scheme of things, $14 dosen't sound like alot to pay to have something hand delivered to your door from Kansas to Alaska.. way cheaper than picking it up!

$86 bucks to send a 60lbs box to California sounds mighty steep for ground shipping.. so does $9.10 to ship a less than 1 oz package. Were you people getting the stuff shipped next or second day air?

When I ordered from them the outrageous shipping was for regular ground delivery. Not second day or overnight. This was several years ago and I don't know if the policy is still the same but I worked for a company and we had a contract to ship with UPS. It was a flat charge no matter how much or how little we used them. If it is still that way for suppliers I can't see how the shipping charges can be so inflated. It does cost money to ship as someone stated above but in comparison to what other suppliers charged WSP was over the top.

I am glad to learn that BCN send priority now. I had the same experience with them as WSP. I ran out of wicks for an order and BCN was the only supplier that I could located that had them in stock. I only needed 1 pack of wicks. I contacted the company and asked if they could send them US Postal. I was told no they only send UPS and the charge was over 8.00 for one single pack of wicks. If they are now using US Postal on small orders I may order from them again.

WSP has some great items, and a large choice of them, but I also think that their shipping is out of hand. If I only ordered from them I wouldn't know that they were high, but when I see that I can order the same exact item from a supplier that's 2 states farther away than WSP, and that shipping is cheaper, then you know that WSP is jacking up thier cost.

I'd order a lot more items from WSP if they would get a handle on thier shipping rates. Until they do, I will continue to shop someplace else. They are actually saving me money keeping thier shipping so high, cause there is a ton of things they have I'd like to try.

Here is my take on it! I pick up so I have never had to deal with thier shipping charges. They have receintly moved. I was never to the other building but I have been to the new one. I have heard people say that the high shipping is a way for them to make an extra buck and still show some good prices for the items. I have also heard people say that they feel the customers are absorbing the cost of the new building. I don't think that is true. Personally I am shocked at how small thier warhouse really is. The warehouse is not big for as many items as they carry. I think that THIER shipping costs may be high. I think they probably have tons of shipments coming in everyday to keep items in stock. I don't think that they have the ability to warehouse huge quantites of items (which would bring thier shipping down buy purchasing in larger bulks) I think that they add to shipping charges to cover thier own shipping costs even though it should be included in the cost of the product! I don't think that they have the grasp on buisness that they should for the volume that they do. The are a wholesaler and operate more like a retailer.

I have also noticed a few other things relative to thier shipping materials. When i pick up orders I end up with a box that is waaaay bigger than needed. I can stop by on my way to work so I place small orders frequently. Even if I have only ordered a few soap colorants and a few lbs of soap out comes the dude with a big 'ol heavy duty brown shipping box half full of peanuts. So when I pick up and am getting a nice box and some peanuts for free. So right there costs are going up. I would be happy with a generic shopping bag. They just don't know what they are doing with shipping! The don't realize that it would make the customers happy to offer USPS shipping and the boxes would then be free, which would inturn cut thier costs.

I also think they don't want to take the time to pack for small orders. I think they want to do wholesale and large orders. That is what they geared up for in thier over all plan, but not what what they have litteraly prepared for. They just don't seem prepared for the business that they get.

Just as an example: I picked up some bottles, jars and a few other things the other day. They gave it to me in a huge box that would barely fit in the front door of my Camry. I was able to fit all of it in a flat rate box and a small priority box. Shipping to Cali for a total of $11.55. The flat rate box weighed I think 7 lbs and the lady at the po told me it would have been over $15.(saved half going flat rate!)