My new label for body scrub

katshe

Ok, I 've been trying to figure out how to do this label so that the ink wont run in the shower...

What I've done is use two 3.33' circle labels back to back(one on back is blank)...and in the middle of them is a strip of kraft paper folded and then wrapped around the jar. This will be removed to use the scrub.

I then labeled the jar and taped it with strapping tape so that when the circle label is removed my customers will still know what is in the jar and who to call to get more.

I still think there may be room for improvement on this idea...I did try taping the top circle label but I do not like the look of it on top the jar as you need two pieces of tape and then have to trim it just so.

Comments and advise welcome!

ooh sorry that second pic came out blurry :o

post-4813-139458472574_thumb.jpg

post-4813-13945847258_thumb.jpg

Edited by katshe

I havent seen the weatherproof in kraft paper look and they arent water proof enough...I have white ones but they smear if using oily body scrub and the spray doesn't work ...I sprayed one and it is a mess after being wet for a few days and the sides all curl up.

Jokerjen , do you not like these labels? and what do you not like about them that I could improve on? any suggestions are welcome

thanks

Thanks LuminousBotique, Rae and Jokerjen.

I like them too and they match my business cards...

I just wan't sure about the fact that the round label is like packaging you remove to use.... but that's that...my other product ...face scrub and other items wont have this issue as i can use the tape to cover them cause they are not round labels.

Wonder If they make matte finish strapping tape?

Thanks you all!!!

Scented,

ultimately I would love it if the wrap around part was one piece of card stock or lightweight cardboard. Then it would look sort of like a semi boxing idea...if that makes sense.

Im not sure if they make kraft paper like card stock but before I settle on this idea im gonna check around first.

I think your labels are very nice.

This is just a thought maybe a clear round label on top the same size as the one you used. Like I said this is just a thought I have never tried it but you would have the get the glossy clear ones not the matte clear ones.

Sheli

Kyme1911, nice...just what I was thinking...I am gonna first see if Michaels has something like that then give it a trial run.

scrochet...thanks for the suggestion. the lids are black so clear wont work and water is the main reason i cant label the top...using my inkjet to print the labels, even weatherproof labels smear in the shower especially when using with a body scrub that has oil in it.

Oh yeah, I have a hundred sheets of circle labels to use...I do have another use for them ...I think I can use them to label my votive boxes and tile coaster boxes soo all wont be lost if I change my mind and use the cardstock.

Maybe i cut a strip of cardstock like a band like 3" wide and wrap round jar then place label on that.

Here is one more Idea I had.

wrap the jar in kraft paper then use the label on top to hold paper on ...you know like how you could wrap soap in tissue with a label on top. Ok, now im thinkin...brown tissue paper? :)

I'll see what i can muster up here today and shoot some pics of the other ideas and see what you all think.

Edited by katshe

Don't hide your product. Just my thought. Certainly they make something close to kraft paper and certainly a label can be made and yet certainly, you'd still be cutting it out though.

BUT ... there might be a change that a label company could point you in a direction on costs too. That may be an advantage to you.

Edited by Scented

I can see this was already thought of - LOL

Since you are going through all the trouble (and expense) have you condidered just adding a clear label to the top of the one you have? That will seal it and has to be easier than all those steps? I love the label and the paper is target perfect. I would reduce the size of my top label so that the clear one would overlap it - even only by enough to seal the sides?

Edited by Abbiepql
Updated my screen!

If you ever went into big production or wanted to pay the extra (might not be so much with double labels and your labor) a printer could match the color or your craft and reproduce your label professional on a waterproof material. I have my labels, with a black background and they hold up fine in the shower or a steamy bathroom!

ok tried a few diff things and still the original is the one that is the least trouble and looks the best.

I did contact a company and see what it would cost to have them made...i haven't hear back yet..

this label cost about 20 cents plus ink

I have a labeled container in the shower taped and water has gotten under it...ugh.

so that means that the label on the front has the potential to smear and get water behind the tape and being that these labels are paper they absorb water unlike the vinyl weatherproof ones.

Now I wish I would have just gotten weatherproof labels,,, I do have a few that I used to use but they would have to be printed to match the kraft paper look ...and taped.

Looks like I will be doing the front label in the vinyl weatherproof so cost is a bit more..

Abbie what labels do you use or are they made for you??

I really like the pictures that you posted. I think your label looks great. I was also thinking that you could do the "double label" suggestion that Abbiepql suggested for bath products. I use a printed white label on my lip balms and then use a clear label over top of it. Same thing for the ingredients on the back. It has helped to seal the labels and I figured that most people that use lip balms use them a lot...and handling them so much would eventually mess up the labels. It IS an extra cost but...I think customers appreciate it...and we LOVE happy customers. :)

Edited by Maggie
mispelled word

Well, lazy, computer-illiterate me buys the labels from Vista Print. They have all sorts of designs or you can upload you own. Look under "product labels" and go from there. I figured out with all the $$ I end up wasting on labels, ink - not to mention my aggravation - that's the way to go for me. HTH

Btw, your labels look very good to me!

Ravens...I just got my business cards from vista print and I did consider getting labels from them ...I also went as far as to design them but the cost is about .50 per label but it may be worth it in the end. ...for now I have a bazillion 3.33 in circle labels to use up so lets see if i can sell a few body scrubs :))) and like I said before I can use them to label other stuff.

I am not sure if vista prints labels will hold up in the shower though.

I have considered adding a clear label to the top but after my experiment with tape and the water seeped in there somehow I am not wanting to spend the extra $$ to find out that wont wor either.