Having a hard time finding a "bakery" lemon FO

number2of7

Perhaps I'm looking for the impossible, but I'd like a bakery lemon fragrance that is well balanced. I want to smell both lemon and cake....like orange chiffon cake, only lemon!

So far, I've tried the following:

Iced Lemon Danish (Peak) - not enough lemon

Lemon Pound Cake (Peak) - smells like lemon drops candy

Lemon Biscotti Pie (Bert) - not loving whatever that is

I've tried a few others, but I can't remember at the moment....

Would love some suggestions!!!

Perhaps I'm looking for the impossible, but I'd like a bakery lemon fragrance that is well balanced. I want to smell both lemon and cake....like orange chiffon cake, only lemon!

So far, I've tried the following:

Iced Lemon Danish (Peak) - not enough lemon

Lemon Pound Cake (Peak) - smells like lemon drops candy

Lemon Biscotti Pie (Bert) - not loving whatever that is

I've tried a few others, but I can't remember at the moment....

Would love some suggestions!!!

I use London Lemon Curd from the Scent Works. Love it, but not all on this site do.

Bert's Lemon Drop - Sweet, yet tart lemon candy. If you are looking for a great lemon scent, look no further!

I swear this one has a cupcake smell to it in wax. Worth a shot since you already order oils from her.;)

Edited by islandgirl

Really....Peaks Lemon Pound Cake smells just like lemon pound cake to me??? I thought it was dead on. Even my boyfriend liked it and he loves lemon stuff. I definately smell cake in there.

Did you put it in wax and/or soap or just smell it OOB?

Really....Peaks Lemon Pound Cake smells just like lemon pound cake to me??? I thought it was dead on. Even my boyfriend liked it and he loves lemon stuff. I definately smell cake in there.

Did you put it in wax and/or soap or just smell it OOB?

To me Peak's Lemon Pound Cake also smells like lemon drop candy. I've used it in paraffin and GW 464 and if I ever use it again I'm going to try adding something like a plain vanilla pound cake to it to bring out more of a bakery scent. But I tend to do that with other fruit/bakery type combos, like Peak's Blueberry Muffins (or CS Blueberry Cheesecake & Blueberry Cobbler & their Lemon Chiffon), all I can smell is the blueberry (or the lemon) so I have to add something cakey to them. :sad2:

Iced Lemon Biscotti - www.wildfire-creations.com

Lemon Cheese Cake - www.tncandlesupplies.com

Lemon Pound Cake - www.kycandlewaxsupply.com

Lemon Pound Cake - www.bluegrasscandlesupply.com

I really love Lemon Zest from www.bluegrasscandlesupply.com ... it's not a bakery to my nose, but I love it alone or to use as a mixer.

Edited by Candlebuddy

Wow! Now to narrow down my choices....

Think I'll give the Lemon Poppyseed from NG a try as well as the lemon one mentioned fro KY since I have to order from them both anyway in the next day or so.

You guys rock!! Thanks so much for your help

:)