Facebook Fan Page

Jokerjen

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must be abnormal. See, I can't stand when someone asks me to become a "fan" of their business if they are selling the same thing I am. If anyone sends me fan requests that sell B&B I usually ignore them. Repeatedly. I would ask people that don't sell B&B or candles to become a fan of me--but I never understood why other companies would become fans of yours? Does it bring you more biz? (becoming a fan of someone else's stuff?) :confused:

You can fan may page ;) it is gourmet food and coffee and I give away a lot of stuff!

I understand how you feel about fanning all these sites that sell the same thing as you.

I usually only fan pages that are someone that I know, products that I am interested in hearing updates about or a page that gives away freebies.

I think that you just have to do what you think is best for your business. I personally try to fan and network with people that are in different niches than myself.

:)

I can see that...I wasn't asking people to fan me....but thought others might want to share theirs.

What I wanted to know is if it has helped business or how they "run" the fan page? It is new to me..but I have only had it a week and it has already gotten me business.:cheesy2:

• 1 month later...
I Love advertising on FB! I use my personal profile and get weekly orders. It's free and great way to Market! Not sure about the FAN page. I thought about but am doing so well with my personal page I think I'll just stick with it!

So how do you link your personal page to a business one? I am trying to set a business one butcan't figure it out and I am lousy at navigating my personal one.

Anyone wanna help me?? :embarasse

I would like to link my personal & business page but haven't figured out how. I get comments on my personal page but they don't know about my business page so they don't show up there. Would really love to know if & how to do this also.

I would like to link my personal & business page but haven't figured out how. I get comments on my personal page but they don't know about my business page so they don't show up there. Would really love to know if & how to do this also.

This might help: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/help/?question=409425

You can also put use the Help Center Search at the top of the page to find out also. I know I used the Help Center to set up my business page (not candles) from my personal page last fall.

• 1 month later...

I'm going to find out. Finally got off my duff and made one too.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Eudora-KS/The-Scented-Flame-LLC/110468508994749

Testing to see if that takes me there ... this all is still kinda new.

I think if you stay on top of the social marketing scene that it will eventually produce some results for ya.

Twitter hasn't, but I'm not a frivilous Tweeter.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Coys-Kandlenutz-Candles/345465269803?ref=ts

Here is my link! I LOVE having my fan page! It has brought soooo much business. My may sale is actually for all of our facebook fans! FB has opened so many doors for us I thought it would be nice to give back, so I did a few different little specials. I like that i can network w/ other candlemakers/ crafters. Its nice to see what everyone one else is doing w/ their fan pages. Im always open to new ideas! We are busier now than we were at christmas time! :yay:

You can set up your fan page to also post your comments to Twitter. Go to your applications settings and do it there. I never even go to twitter anymore, just let my post from facebook do the work!!

• 5 weeks later...

here's mine http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Erinn-Laine-Primitives/105586386130756?ref=ts

I also have a group page. I actually created the group page prior to the fan page and didn't want to cancel it, I felt somewhat guilty asking folks to re-join :sad2:

It's been great for the shops that I consign with, not only am I profiting but they are as well :yay:

I don't have alot of members, but it's a start !

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bliss-Street-Candle-Company/121345507887178?v=wall

Being a new business, I naturally sought friends and family as testers. FB was a great way to direct them to my website. My store is not officially open due to my perfectionist standards on graphics, however, I have still received great orders and have labeled the initial FB friends as "flagship" customers!:smiley2:

Jen,

Really like your FB page and the photos of your shop. Looks very inviting.

Couple of questions a little off topic, if you are able to share the info. Where did you get the tins for your Zen Scents incense sticks? I have been looking for those and unable to find any in the size I need. I absolutely love those labels, too. Kudos to your graphics designer.

And, the small, possibly votive(?), jars with the silver lids? The pic I'm looking at is on the first page of your store photos at the bottom next to the wedding votive.

Thank you for any info. I appreciate your time.

J