Lavender Pillars Dressed for the Fair

RobinInOR

I've been making these like mad - kind of hard to do when I only have 4 molds in each size. They're custom molds from Pourette - something tells me I'm going to have to search for my pattern code and order some more. Rustics poured in frozen molds, scented Peak's Lavender + lavender & clary sage EOs.

post-8-13945838662_thumb.jpg

Thanks all! What I do is wrap a wet washcloth around the mold and stick it in the freezer for 20 minutes (wick it when I take it out). The washcloth helps keep the pattern even all the way to the top - it keeps the mold from warming up so you don't have to pour as fast. Temperature of the wax will vary the pattern - 1343 at 140 will give you bubbles and heavy crystal like frosting, 150 gives you washboard (what I do for texture), and 160 and up starts smoothing out again.

The humidity in the basement is around 45-50%.

I started the washcloth technique when I was having trouble with color variations in Cleanwax, and kept playing with the idea.