New CP splotches - the good, the bad, and the ugly

cwayneu

The good - it is still soap.

The bad - all the colors changed on us.

The ugly - what happened to the blue base and lavender splotches

Another experiment gone wild. Billie wanted to try something new using splotches to swirl instead of lines. We got the idea from our So Cal soap fiasco, when the colors got way to thick and plopped here and there like bird droppings. The planned light blue base went sort of pale green, the pink did stay pink, the white washed out, and the lavender almost vanished. Oh well, Edison did not make a workable battery on the first try. FO was Amber Romance.

Picture023-b.jpg

Picture025-b.jpg

Edited by cwayneu

Isn't it funny how we soapers "see" what it is supposed to look like in our heads and know that it looks nothin like the finished product. So, we see faults?

I think it's beautiful. But then, I don't know what it's supposed to look like.

So often I'll be at a sale, and someone will pick up a bar and exclaim it's perfection and beauty, but instead I see the imperfections and how it was supposed to turn out.

Awesome job, I aspire to be able to do swirls like yours.

If you ever get a light blue, I want to know the secret lol!

I think these look pretty good. What fragrance did you use? Perhaps it muted the colors some, like if it were a yellow, but I still think light blue is hard to get (well for me it is).

My greatest wish in soaping is that someone finds a way for colors to stay like they are and be as vibrant as they are when wet.

Scented, It was Amber Romance and was yellow in the bottle. In this case the picture looks better than in real life. Since it is just for us and family they never care. It just frustrates me. lol

Thanks everyone,

sometimes you just gotta try something new. :)

Edited by Billie
adding on