Dragonfly Moon and others

Scented

Was excited to cut into the log since it looked kinda cool.

dflylog.jpg

And we got some different looks, among which were:

dflycut5.jpg

Will be curious to see how the honeysuckle comes out. Tried a cypress green with a mix of yellow neon and lemon pop so will be curious to see how the colors fair.

hsuckl.jpg

Used three blues in this -- blueberry pop (the light blue), midnight train (I think it is, dark blue) and the True Blue won't show up till it's cut me thinks.

stonedenm5.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Wow, wow, and wow. The first one is to cry for and the other two I'm drooling over. That second one looks like caramel toffee and I want to dive into it. The third one has breathtaking blues in it.

Your torturing me, I want to see cut pictures.

Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canadians out there.

What a beautiful soap......very nice colors! The first one makes me think of a beach/mint type scent. I've never had Dragonfly Moon fragrance, so I don't know what it might smell like.

Just curious, have you ever made a soap with Calaguala in it. I ask because I get one made by Aubrey Organics? Not really a nice scent but the texture is great.

ingredients - Shea Butter, Olive Kernel Powder, White Clay Powder, Oat Powder, Calaguala Extract, Evening Primrose Oil, White Pine Bark Extract, Cade Oil, (Aubrey's Preservative - Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A,C,E), Bitter Almond Oil.

I don't see anywhere on the box that it has Lye in it. I have never made soap......I'm a little scard of the Lye part. I hope to make a sugar scrub soon.

Thanks for the comments!

Sherry, no I don't. I don't use a lot of those ingredients. Got a picture of the soap? I'm wondering what a bar with all that in there looks like and how a person can use vitamins as a preservative and not violate FDA laws, unless they aren't from the states perhaps?

Also thinking that it might be more of a M&P base, because I would think the extracts would be attacked by the use of lye.

I don't know alot about M&P soaps. However, I do seem to think by the way the soap looks it might just be that. I am out of the soap right now. I purchase it from a health food store.

Cakaguala Skin Treatment Bar. www.aubrey-organics.com is the site. They are located in Tampa, FL. You might be right on the soap not being made in the USA.

Thanks for your reply:)

Scented how does the Dragonfly Moon hold up in soaping? Does the scent really come through? The scent description sounds lovely. I just received a bottle of it that I plan on soaping soon. I can't smell it (my nose is still jacked up) but DH says it smells very nice but a bit light. He really like it and said it would be great in men's products. What do you think?

Very unisex and has held up fine for us, even through gel. I think it's one of those blooms in an application rather than fades. Keep in mind, I make mine with 1 oz pp though. I found that scents just weren't strong enough for me at .7 oz regardless of the supplier.