Billies CP Swirls

cwayneu

This is a demo of Billie's (my DW) CP swirls. In this video, she will use two darker blues on a light blue base, for some Cool Water. She has already prepared her oils, added in the FO, blended in the lye water, took out two small amounts and added to the swirl colors, and tinted the remaining base.

Here are some samples. We have Black Irish, Fierce, and Ezra, shown below in that order.

395263645ccc677849512bbbf22fac3e1dfa76ca.jpg

43126544e5cf073d49f129bfacebb5dcb11df1c7.jpg

232361854449ccf8701a48f11d6abcb74a37b882.jpg

Nice video. Never thought to add a little water to my swirl color. What molds is your DW using in the video? I do pretty much the same as she, but I pour lines of the color onto the bottom of the mold before pouring the bases and typically do a few layers. I don't use a divided mold, so there is nothing to "push the color down" as noted in the video.

Thanks for sharing!

e

What molds is your DW using in the video?

I explain the molds under this posting below with pictures. They are just wood lined with Lexan.

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75722&page=2

Also, she sometimes pours the same color line twice. Once at about 12 inches high to sink down into the batter, and then follows the same line at about an inch from the surface for the top.

Very nice!! I watched the video too, nice and informative. I don't make soap, but it's nice to see how it's done.

We started with candles and enjoyed that too, but once we tried soap we quickly became addicted. It is just an expensive hobby for us, but lots of fun. We keep all our relatives and close friends supplied with enough soap to stay clean for a long time. They really love the soaps and we do too.

Billie, my DW, is the expert at all of this. I am just her "Soap Bitch". :yay:

The molds and dividers are made by Wayne (DH) and come apart. Thank you for the nice comments (blushing). I was nervous and sound like a dork but thought it might be helpful for newbies, which I am still.

Thanks for looking.

The molds and dividers are made by Wayne (DH) and come apart. Thank you for the nice comments (blushing). I was nervous and sound like a dork but thought it might be helpful for newbies, which I am still.

Thanks for looking.

I could use a Hubby like that, LOL. Mine has made some slab molds, a beveler, and soap display "stairs" but this one looks a bit out of his league!

Pretty soap Billie!

The videos are great. Now hubby will be making me some molds with lexan LOL

I wish I knew why they stick on the bottom, the soap slid out easily the first two batches but stuck after that. The sides are still great after several months of use. Thinking about trying cutting mats for the bottom as the foam needs replaced every so often. HTH

Billie I found some Wilton Silicone Mats at Walmart in the cooking section they are 10.25 inches by 16 inches for $5.97 they are freezer, refrigerator and oven, microwave safe I bet they would work for the bottom of your Lexan molds.

Barbara AL