If you were to buy a candle, which one would you pick?

Let's see, I haven't bought any store candles in years and years and years. So I'd try a Root pillar - maybe one of their Timberline's. And maybe something from Archipelago Botanika or one of those big expensive glass containers that we can do just as well if not better :) And maybe one from the Neiman Marcus catalog - gotta see why the $$$

See, I can't even buy for fun, gotta do research at the same time :)

Hands down Illuminations. Their jar candles are very strong, and I LOVE the Dulce de Leche scent. I still buy them. Unfortunately they have a tendency to throw black smoke, so I usually burn them a few times, then start scooping out the wax and putting it into a tart burner. (it's super super soft, you can stick your finger all the way through it).

2nd place would be ...um...I have to go look it up. They make totally cool soaps with all types of embeds in them, and they use glitter in their jar candles (they appear to be gel wax chunks with an overpour of white container wax). They have such a great scent throw that I used them even when I first started making candles because I loved them so much!

Found it! Primal Elements. Their sweet scented jar candles are divine, and the soaps are wonderful too. I can't even imagine how much money I spent over the years on their candles before I made my own.

DanaE

Oh yeah, I forgot all about Gold Canyon! I really do like their candles.

You know how it is, every once in a while, you just want to enjoy something you didn't make yourself - like in my former life as a chef, even mac & cheese OOB was faboo if someone else made it for me. KWIM?

I do buy name brand, dollar store & gift shop candles. I buy the same size or type that I make and sell to test them. I burn them side by side my candles and take pictures of them while thay are burning and keep notes. Then I use those photos, adding the name of the candle or where it came from, to show my customers why my candles are better. Longer and complete burn, little to no soot & stronger scent "From first burn to last".

Don't think this company is as HOT as it was a few years ago, but I got my inspiration for making candles from Illume. They are in Hollywood or nearby and became famous when Melanie Griffith bought candle baskets from them for her friends. They were the 1st candles I ever burned that you could really smell, all the way down to the bottom. I became ADDICTED and decided that I could make them. I wanted to create a lower-priced Illume. I guess I have, my business is great. Haven't bought one in 4 1/2 years, but I'd bet mine are now better!