Bad UPS, BAD BAD BAD!!!!

The snots made me sweat it out this go-round!!! I normally get my order from Peak's around 2 or 3 in the afternoon, I just NOW got it at 6:30 and they stop delivering at 7pm around here!!

Let's not forget it's freezing outside, so when I opened everything up, my FO's were slightly foggy! Gonna have to wait to use them at room temperature to use them.

Anybody else have to wait this long for UPS??

Ohhh So sorry, but glad you got them. It's getting closer to the holidays, I think you will find the time will get longer each week .. :-(

I got a $ 300 box of candle stuff from UPS today and it was raining. Went out to get my mail ( live in an apartment) and didn't even know it was there.. Do they not believe in ringing the door bell anymore???

Christina

Tis the season to be jolly.....hehehe....This is the time of year that we all get stressed out and over worked.....all of the mail places are just starting to feel the pressure.....we had a new driver today....they sometimes come late at night. I have even had them come at 8 around Christmas. Sorry your oils are sluggish......you can just put them into your lap and pet them and say "nice kitty, nice kity" and they will warm up. Donita

Tis the season to be jolly.....hehehe....This is the time of year that we all get stressed out and over worked.....all of the mail places are just starting to feel the pressure.....we had a new driver today....they sometimes come late at night. I have even had them come at 8 around Christmas. Sorry your oils are sluggish......you can just put them into your lap and pet them and say "nice kitty, nice kity" and they will warm up. Donita

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it weren't for the fact that I've been putting plastic on my windows all day (three cats, plastic, two sided tape, blow dryer, tell me that wasn't a cat-tastrophe waiting to happen! I'm still not done either, have two more to do!), I probably would have been calling them a bazillion times. The good thing about working for BNSF, we work closely with UPS, I know all the big wigs and dispatchers, I probably could have gotten it sooner had I thought about it. Only reason I was sweating it this time is that I've got a "special project" that I've GOT to get done tonight, the next two nights I work and I'm not about to attempt to make this while I'm trying to work and sleep. It's got to be purrr-fect or I'll be mad.

OMG, thats so funny cause I just got my order too..at 6:30!!! Last time I ordered from them, I got it around 10 or 10:30am. I left a note for UPS on the door (cause i had to leave) saying to leave the pkg on the door step. I get home at 5 and my note is still there, so I call UPS and they say that the driver has until 7 to deliver the package. Finally, Im eating dinner and at 6:30, the doorbell rings. Ugh!!! Oh well, at least I got it today and I have time to play before bed !!

The snots made me sweat it out this go-round!!! I normally get my order from Peak's around 2 or 3 in the afternoon, I just NOW got it at 6:30 and they stop delivering at 7pm around here!!

Let's not forget it's freezing outside, so when I opened everything up, my FO's were slightly foggy! Gonna have to wait to use them at room temperature to use them.

Anybody else have to wait this long for UPS??

Yep I waited all day on several occassions (since they HAVE to have a signature) til they delivered @ 11.30 pm. At least twice.

My UPS guy really knows me well, I used to ship and receive alot of PC parts through eBay, and he knows my special hidey hole for packages. He usually delivers late in afternoon, but that's no big deal since I have to leave for the day job about 11:30. I'm expecting a package from Peaks Friday of Home for the Holidays, Apple Jack n Peel, and Orange, to finish up my Christmas project and my first sale order! :yay:

I hate UPS. Ihad a package that I've been waiting on to finish up some xmas presents, that should have been here a few days ago. I sent my son up to the office (I live in an apartment) to drop off some mail and he found the box in office mailroom where it has been since Friday. You would think they would leave a note or something.

Well, since I'm working tonight, I'm going to give Reggie a call and find out if I have a new driver on the route and how nice it would have been to have him at least stay at the door until I got there and opened it. I knew the last guy pretty well, he always knocked and waited. Now that we're coming up on the Christmas season, my neighborhood is 'quiet', but not that quiet, I can see someone floating around the area and snatch packages off porches. If I ever have a Peak's order stolen, God help them. Reggie is great gal to work with, she'll let me know for sure one way or the other.

My UPS guy never comes beofre 6:00 or so :rolleyes2 . We are the last stop on his route. I have to remember to check the porch before we go to bed because he also never rings the doorbell. Once in a blue moon, he might actually knock on the door, but that's rare. I just have to remember when my packages are coming. He's a nice guy, but by the time he makes it to our house, he just wants to be finished I guess.

New to this board but have been reading posts for over a year now. I have two sons that work for UPS. One is a supervisor. I agree with Donita. They are working long hours already. It is not uncommon for him to put in a 12 hour day. I printed the posts and will present them to him. He always finds feedback interesting. My UPS driver is wonderful. I have my supplies delivered to me at my office. He opens my truck and puts stuff in then he comes in for signature. He did this even before he knew that my son was his supervisor. Also, want to say that I love this site. You all do bea:yay: utiful work and I have learned so much.

I wonder if there are regional rules - where you mentioned "they stop delivering at 7PM" Our have to keep going until they're done - if the load hasn't been allocated correctly to the different trucks (sometimes they'll reconfigure their routes), they keep on until they're done. We know our UPS guy - he had a horrible time once, didn't finish up til 10PM :(

Course maybe rural routes are different, dunno.

Oh here is one for ya,,,,I ordered a case of wax from WSP and my hubby had ordered some things too,,well I have a big house and I heard my dog barking (Chihuahua) and when I got to the door I seen the ups driver getting some stuff out,,so I was on the porch, And mind you I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibromyalgia,,,he sets the 62LB box into my arms and WALKS AWAY!!!!!! I asked him Sir,,,Could you please help me get this inside the door,,he looked @ me and said NOPE got more orders to deliver!!! As if taking 20 secs out of his way to help me!!! Then I discover the other half of my order was sitting on my back porch!!!! he never rang the doorbell on either porches!!! I was so mad!!:mad: Now today I am hurting and cant pour candles today. UPS is getting on my last nerve!!!!!!!!!!!!:( Oh and it was 5pm when my order came and usually they are here at 1pm like clock work,,,

I have got UPS that late but only this time of year. I do think that i have the best UPS man. He will bring my stuff inside takes one case of wax to the kitshen and the rest down stairs (he knows that i have a bad knee). I have never asked him to do this he just offers and then insists and does it.

Katy

On top of my story about deliveries, I once used to work at UPS part time when I was in college. I quit just after the strike settled in '97, got my strike pay, then started delivering pizza for Domino's. I worked at the Indianapolis hub, at first loading feeders (trailers) then sorting packages, which got me another dollar an hour, and easier on the back :yay:

UPS always hires extra loaders during the Christmas rush, which runs between Thanksgiving and New Years. The package volume increases dramatically, and many package car drivers are out quite late. During the rush, when I am expecting something, it gets quite dark before they arrive, and usually it arrives ab 7:00PM.

They appear to have a cush job, but in reality they can get put under alot of pressure. Conversely, there is no excuse for handing a lady a 60+ lb box of anything and then just leaving! That's cold. :mad: