Black and White Layered-hope this works...

candleslh

Well thank you all very much for the compliments! You all are too kind. I love making these layered rustics. It does take a little bit to get the hang of it. I finally figured out when I poured too soon they would bleed through, but you also have to pour just at the right time so they don't show grove at the seam. I also figured out that you have move the pouring pot around and not pour on the same spot or it will melt a hole in the bottom layer and bleed through.

About my son, I just have to brag a little bit on him. He is simply the best. He's a senior in college...majoring in computer science, information tech. and math (3 degrees). He works fulltime as a dispatcher for the college police dept., drives 30 miles one way 2 days a week and works at the hwy patrol training patrolman how to use notebook computers in their cars and also works on some software stuff for them. He's building the college a server and serves as VP on a board that is a liaison with big companies and the computer dept. (if that makes sense) and he and another guy have a small business of their own where they build websites for people. Right now his side business is building a racial profiling statistic program for all police agencies to use in the state. Missouri passed a law that police depts. have to provide the state with these statistics starting in Jan. 2006 and there is nothing out there for this yet. He has a meeting with the Attorney General to show them this program to see if it is acceptable. Plus he carries a full load of classes and makes HONOR ROLL every semester, sometimes the deans honor roll and he just turned 21 in June. So needless to say I don't mind paying for his college and spoiling him when I can. Sorry I got a little carried away on that.

well, you've inspired me to give the black & white a try...been procrastinating cause of the bleed issue.

Your son is very deserving of those beautiful candles. Besides mastering the black & white technique, your parenting skills are obviously top-notch also.

well, you've inspired me to give the black & white a try...been procrastinating cause of the bleed issue.

Your son is very deserving of those beautiful candles. Besides mastering the black & white technique, your parenting skills are obviously top-notch also.

OMG PAM!! Thank you for saying that. I hope that's true! I know over the years I kept thinking I hope I'm not doing something to screw these 2 kids up. So far so good! I have a 22 year daughter too and she is the best too!

Oh and thanks for the compliments on the candles, but the other one was the best!!!:yay: If I can do it, you can too! Just jump in. If it wasn't for some of the pros on this board and them pushing me, I wouldn't be making soap either. Their works of art inspire me!