Ics!!!!

Spellkast

So, I'm testing out brand new scents and I got a sampler pack from ICS. Since I'm testing them against Peak's, Tony's and Just Scents, I didn't expect much from this company, but WOW!!! I am in love!!! I thought they wouldn't be able to compare since their prices are just phenomenal- and some of their scents are actually STRONGER than the others!!! I am just blown away. I am so happy I have found another great, CHEAP company! Now I can replace some of my pricier oils! :) Just want everyone to know...if they haven't tried ICS for whatever reason- give them a try!!! :) BTW, I use IGI4627 (Comfort Blend) and the cold throw and the hot throw have both been amazing...I test my scents in tealights and their wnoderful fragrance filled my whole guest room. Very impressed! :)

Michelle

I'm wondering what scents you used too!!!

I started testing some samples and agree, they are great - the customer service is also top rate - their prices are fantastic! So far, I've tested Banana Nut Bread, Pumpkin Cheesecake, Butter Rum Crunch, and Sweet Potato Pie. I love them all . . . I use KY125.

Which ones have you tested?

I must have had a bad batch of oils! LOL I ordered 7lbs or so last year and half of them would not blend in my wax, and the throw was not impressive either. I decided to not order from them again....then I keep hearing how much everyone loves them. Maybe I'll try again... LOL

She really does have some great oils and she is one of the fastest shippers out there - GREAT customer service. But like most suppliers, she does have oils that are weaker and not so great as well.

Her Pink Sugar is a perfect dupe of Aqolina (sp?) to my nose and is great if you like that scent. The Japanese Plum will run you out of the house it is so strong and it is very unique scent. The Cantaloupe Lily is great as well. I usually HATE anything that has a floral note, but this one is very nice. The Dreamsicle smells good enough to eat, lol. Citrus and Sage is also nice if you like those type of scents.

I am wondering what scents Trish tried. I never did get the White Tea & Ginger to blend and finally gave up on it. She also has several bakery/food type scents that smell wonderful but just do not seem to have a great throw. They might do better if I would bump up the FO, but if it does not throw well for me at 1 oz per lb I move on...

I am wondering what scents Trish tried. I never did get the White Tea & Ginger to blend and finally gave up on it. She also has several bakery/food type scents that smell wonderful but just do not seem to have a great throw. They might do better if I would bump up the FO, but if it does not throw well for me at 1 oz per lb I move on...

White tea and ginger was one of them! The buttercream I had problems with too...as well as the red clover tea. I'm trying to remember the other ones, cheesecake maybe?

White tea and ginger was one of them! The buttercream I had problems with too...as well as the red clover tea. I'm trying to remember the other ones, cheesecake maybe?

I did not have trouble getting the red clover tea to blend, but YUCK! That one reminds me of some household cleaner but I have not figured out which one, lol. That is NOT one of her better FO's IMO. I did not care for the buttercream or cheesecake either - those two were some of the ones that just did not have a strong throw for me.

I did not have trouble getting the red clover tea to blend, but YUCK! That one reminds me of some household cleaner but I have not figured out which one, lol. That is NOT one of her better FO's IMO. I did not care for the buttercream or cheesecake either - those two were some of the ones that just did not have a strong throw for me.

Guess I picked the wrong ones! LOL I'll have to keep an eye on this thread for some of the better ones...like I need any more FO! ROFL

I use the comfort blend, and I haven't (yet) had any trouble with the scent throws in these babies! They're great...By the way, the other inexpensive supplier- at least compared to some of them- is Peak's. I love their oils and they're prices are always reasonable. Lone Star has some really great prices as well, and so does A Garden Eastward. Bittercreek, too, I guess...I just don't like them. Anyway, so....I got White Tea and Ginger, Mango Papaya, Pink Sugar, Love Spell, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Pumpkin Filling, Buttercream, Chocolate Fudge Cake, Sweet Pea & Vanilla Smoothie. They ALL smelled great OOB, and good enough to eat when I was pouring them. Sometimes with my wax, though...it'll smell really strong until a day later and then NOTHING..I mean, NO cold throw at all...but all of theirs stayed strong the whole week curing time. And I've tested the White Tea and Ginger, Mango Papaya, Pink Sugar, Love Spell, Pumpkin Pie and Vanilla up against Peaks and ICS won some and Peaks won some. I did have some trouble mixing the buttercream, vanilla smoothie and the chocolate fudge...all of the heavy scents, but I just put the FO in some hot water before pouring and it fixed that. The white tea and ginger, I thought was a pretty light oil...I'm wondering why you guys had trouble with that one!! Which wax were you using? I think those that had trouble should try them again because I think they rock!!! And for those prices, you can NOT go wrong!!! :)

Michelle

Kathy, really goes out of her way to take care of you. What I really, really like about ordering from there is you can order the smaller sized bottles so reasonable. That way you can kind of test your market before you purchase a whole pound. Sometimes, I can have a fo that I think will do really well, but for some reason just will not move. My fav's are Pink Sugar, Vanilla Boysenberry, Carmelized Pralines, Satin Sheets, Warm Sugar Vanilla, Coconut Lime Varbena,:yay: :yay: Bonba

I had the exact same experience as Trish. The service was great but only two oils were even what I would consider just ok out of the batch I tried. When I posted a question concerning them several people pm me that they had the same problem. Maybe the quality has changed since I last tried them. This was last year and I never tried any of her FO's since then. Glad to hear you guys like them.

I guess the problem with the fragrance discussion is that everyone's taste is different, so it's really hard to get a feel for a company unless someone has had bad customer service or the oils were just of such bad quality...but I think most of the companies that people use on this board are of high quality...and we all have our own favorites because something different works for each of us. Some people love some companies because they're oils smell great in their wax, and others just have bad luck...as in this case. Obviously, there's not just one company that can be great for everyone in every sense...so I think the point I'm getting at here :) is that people need to do their own testing. Try out a WHOLE BUNCH of different places and then choose what works best. ICS worked really well for me in my wax, but I wouldnt' suggest that the people who had bad experiences try them again because chances are, you still won't like them much. I tried BCN again because so many people love them on here, but they're just not my favorite..and even if I try them 400 times, they never will be...so don't waste your money- if you've found a great company that works for you, then FANTASTIC!!! Keep it that way...we are all addicted to FO's...there's no need to spend money on oils you have already tried and didn't like...spend them on NEW oils that you can try....mmmm..good idea...gonna go peruse for some more! :)

Michelle

• 2 weeks later...

Somebody recommended ICS to me for a true Moonlight Path. It was awesome dupe! On another post someone was looking for a Citrus and Sage. I had a sample of ICS's and poured it and it was fantastic also. Since I was in the pouring my samples mood - I poured her Buttercream Frosting. Wow! I wish I had poured this and tried it before I had purchased the other 3 from other companies. I used to do cake decorating and I can tell you ICS' Buttercream Frosting makes you want to lick the wax!

the orange cranberry, citrus & sage, pink sugar, christmas past, buttercream frosting, waterfall mist, japanese plum, fruit slices all work wonderful in soy & paraffin. There are alot more of Kathy's oils that kick a$$, customer service is the best. Indiana Candle Supplies rock!!:P