More hearts for Valentine's Day

Donita

Here are just more hearts. :smiley2: Some flowers embed well and some don't. The picture on the left has three colors of azelas...very special because I picked them from my neighbors house in Virginia. Almost two years ago. She was 93. What a woman. Nothing wrong with her. She went outside everyday 12 times and walked around the yard picking up twigs and leaves and dead flowers. Kept her healthy. She insisted that we pick about 100,000 flowers. I have so many (smile)....The center cane is just small whole open roses and the one on the right is tiny rose buds. All are done with chunks and a round insert. I am officially out of hurricane wax. I will order some tomorrow. Donita

post-248-139458441498_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone....just using up my scrap wax....now I have to order some more....the rosebud one is gone already. My step son was over last night an asked if he could buy it for his girlfriend. Of course I gave it to him along with some little "Jello Mold" candles. I will post a picture of them later today...maybe. Donita

Soapbuddy.....the azaleas are too delicate to dip first. The little roses I dipped. The buds I didn't. If you pour in your wax and then really give it some good taps it will allow the wax to move around the flower better. Don't water bath it for a few minutes. As soon as you put it in the waterbath...the wax will set up. It's like doing a picture hurricane. We always wax the picture first. If I don't like they way it looks, then I spray some Krylon varnish over it......or over dip it in wax. I just go with the flow and somehow it just works:) .....I hope. Donita

Soapbuddy.....the azaleas are too delicate to dip first. The little roses I dipped. The buds I didn't. If you pour in your wax and then really give it some good taps it will allow the wax to move around the flower better. Don't water bath it for a few minutes. As soon as you put it in the waterbath...the wax will set up. It's like doing a picture hurricane. We always wax the picture first. If I don't like they way it looks, then I spray some Krylon varnish over it......or over dip it in wax. I just go with the flow and somehow it just works:) .....I hope. Donita

I see; thanks!

Donita, those are beautiful. BTW, did I see somewhere in these posts that you mentioned a website where I could buy dried flowers? I'm hoping to do some orbs in the near future; just trying to plan ahead so I have the right wax, flowers, etc. Thanks!

Donita, those are beautiful. BTW, did I see somewhere in these posts that you mentioned a website where I could buy dried flowers? I'm hoping to do some orbs in the near future; just trying to plan ahead so I have the right wax, flowers, etc. Thanks!

This one?

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53726&page=2&highlight=pressed+flowers