Molds Leaking!!

I use those molds, but I don't use wick screws. I use a bit of putty and also the heavy silver tape. I use wick pins, too. I do get a little leakage every now and then if I don't use enough putty and tape.

I have recently had the same thing happen to me after using them without the leakage, I dont use the wick screws just lots of putty, not a very fun thing to look at and clean up. I just let it sit on my tin foil pan till its all set up and cooled.

If I think I am going to have a problem....I just put my candles in damp sand. Usually I make chunk candles that cool quickly so there isn't a problem, but with a regular pillar, mottle or plain, they really have to be sealed or they will leak. Lots of tape or using wick pins. With wick pins, you don't have to worry. Do some research about wick pins........I put some metal tape on the bottom, place in the rod, pour in the wax....then after it is cool, insert a pre waxed wick......then level the bottom and the wick is sealed in. Donita

Leaking molds can be a thing of the past. PM me and I'll give you my method.

We haven't had a leaky mold in years. No screws, no putty, no tape.

Fredron

Why not just share it with all of us?:confused:

I agree...

I mean, if it's a "secret proprietary method" why post the comment here in public instead of PM'ing the info to her?