My last shot at Palm Pillars

cleanglow

If these don't work out, I'm done with them. I'm testing this time with more realistic power burns. In the past, I'd test burn them for more hours that I'll admit to out of fear of what the careless consumer might do.

This time I've decided that 5 hours is long enough for my testing comfort level. If I can get to the end without blowouts in that amount of time, I'll finally be happy and add them to my line.

100_5953.jpg

This was after 2 burns. The first for 5 hours and the second for 4 hours.

100_5966.jpg

Sorry for the blurry picture.

100_5967.jpg

Thank you. :)

I know what you mean. I've had my containers down for over a year now with this wax, but I've been testing these pillars on and off for the same amount of time. In over 10 years of candlemaking, nothing has frustrated me more than this wax. It's so worth it when it comes out right though!

They are really beautiful, love the color.

It's a shame you're having such trouble with wicking them. If they don't work out, why not try the palm in forever pillars? At least you'll get the beautiful look, but won't have to worry about the wicking issue.

Worth it yes, but I'd rather look than have the headache any more lol. So thanks for the look. I think they're very cool. Don't know how many burns you're into it, but I'm thinking it's going to get too hot midway through and pop a leak. Hoping not as I'd rather see you succeed in wicking them.

They are really beautiful, love the color.

It's a shame you're having such trouble with wicking them. If they don't work out, why not try the palm in forever pillars? At least you'll get the beautiful look, but won't have to worry about the wicking issue.

That is what I make and have been selling for some time now. I just thought I'd give these one last shot. People have been requesting ones they can burn, too.

Worth it yes, but I'd rather look than have the headache any more lol. So thanks for the look. I think they're very cool. Don't know how many burns you're into it, but I'm thinking it's going to get too hot midway through and pop a leak. Hoping not as I'd rather see you succeed in wicking them.

The pics posted were after a 2nd burn. 1st was for 5 hours and the 2nd was for 4 hours. Then have now been burining for another hour and look ok for now. I know that means nothing though in the world of Palm Pillars. :smiley2:

If you are wicking to leave a shell to light with a tealight in the future, those are burning very nicely. Might need to center the wick some and turn to keep the burn very even. The pattern you achieved on those pillars is VERY showy! I think they look great! How's the throw? :)

Just wanted to update you on these pillars. I'm in NY visiting family but brought them along to continue testing. Dare I say that they have burned for 8 hours straight on more than one occasion beautifully? I've been doing mostly 4-6 hours at a time though. I am so thrilled with the way these are burning. I'd post pics but my mil has no way for me to download pics on her computer. I'll try to post some tomorrow if anyone is interested. They've burned now for well over 50 hours total and are still going strong. And the scent throw is fabulous @ 6%!

Just wanted to update you on these pillars. I'm in NY visiting family but brought them along to continue testing. Dare I say that they have burned for 8 hours straight on more than one occasion beautifully? I've been doing mostly 4-6 hours at a time though. I am so thrilled with the way these are burning. I'd post pics but my mil has no way for me to download pics on her computer. I'll try to post some tomorrow if anyone is interested. They've burned now for well over 50 hours total and are still going strong. And the scent throw is fabulous @ 6%!

Hey Cleanglow,

Do ya mind my asking what wicks you're using? I have been trying (and crying over) CD's, am on a Premier 760 right now because I've given up on CD's... Stella said a CDN 14 would work, but before I get them I want to exhaust what resources I have left before I order more... I have CD's, HTP's and premiers, plus I'm getting a sample pack of zincs because I know they burn pretty straight and evenly.

Thanks!

Vi

Dare I say that they have burned for 8 hours straight on more than one occasion beautifully? I've been doing mostly 4-6 hours at a time though. I am so thrilled with the way these are burning.

This is the aspect of palm that I love the most - even more than the pretty crystals! A good pillar is just getting cranked up at 3 hours... Seems like the longer they burn, the more slowly and truly they burn. Once I realized that palm wax was NOT like other waxes and to simply let it do what it does best, I have been more than satisfied with it and haven't looked back. Do people really make pillars of anything else? :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Now that you are a palm pillar addict, get yourself one of those nice glass hurricanes they have at WalMart. I am too cheap to spring for the expensive ones, so I stick with the 8" bell-shaped one for $2.97 (bought another one last night, can ya tell?). A little added insurance against blowouts, drafts, forgetting to extinguish and pet tails, plus they look so danged GOOD burning in those! There is plenty of "breathing" space for a 3" pillar so the container doesn't heat up the candle and affect the burn.

So glad to hear you are enjoying your palm pillars at last! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Cleanglow,

Do ya mind my asking what wicks you're using? I have been trying (and crying over) CD's, am on a Premier 760 right now because I've given up on CD's... Stella said a CDN 14 would work, but before I get them I want to exhaust what resources I have left before I order more... I have CD's, HTP's and premiers, plus I'm getting a sample pack of zincs because I know they burn pretty straight and evenly.

Thanks!

Vi

I agree with the CSN14. I get a nice shell that eventually melts down near the end of the candle.

Looks Great! Palm is very addictive.:D

That is what I make and have been selling for some time now. I just thought I'd give these one last shot. People have been requesting ones they can burn, too.

Have you ever had a forever melt around the tea light? I had one melt the other day. but i have test burned a whole batch & nothing, ut this one melted like crazy right around the glass tea light (to where i could pull out the glass)....

Stella recommended a CDN 14, did you mean to type CSN? Totally dif wicks.

Thanks grama! I did mean CSN.

I guess when I think of palm wax I think CSN. Now that I look more closely at Stella's post I clearly see CDN. OOPs!

For me the CSN wicks have worked wonderfully for all my palm projects.