** What's in your pot this week/end? **

The weeks are going so fast, seems like they're flying by. Still stocking up for the holidays like mad.

This weekend will be more lemongrass, an oat milk unscented and regular unscented soap, and also orange & clove. All of a sudden through work and through the website I've been hit with unscented orders - which is kind of funny 'cuz I can't sell unscented at market worth beans.

What's up with you guys this weekend - any yummy fall scents you're pouring?

Just registered my self as self employed, so getting all my accounts etc, upto date and in order.

Then going to try a few more canes, poss some picture ones, if I can squeeze enough ink out of whats left in my printer.

Some more eggnog, maybe a couple of marble containers, and want to try a wave candle :D

oh and I might get some sleep in between there somewhere lol

Well for the next 24 hours I am here alone with just the pets (if that's alone lol) so I'll be getting a lot done.

Melts...using up a bunch of my samples, making room for more FO lol

Candles...testing some new jars/wicks with more samples

Wickless tins...fall and christmas scents

Then it's labeling time and reorganizing work room.

Well, needless to say, I 'm so disappointed that IGI didn't jump right in on my post about 6006 problems. :wink2: :wink2: They are way too important for us little guys. It is so hot here in Tx, just can't get in the mood to pour, but must force myself. Took another small fundraiser Wednesday. 350 tins to pour right away. Carole

I really should be making any candles at all this week, i have got to finish writing my thesis, but my 5055 hurricane wax arrived this morning, and i can here it calling me.. make a photo cane to test it out! So will must probably be doing that:smiley2:

No pouring for me this weekend, but I have made lots of yummy new scents and blends I made myself for this fall. :drool: This is my weekend to sell rather than pour, hopefully. I have a show this weekend, my biggest one of the year. I've poured something in the neighborhood of 34,952 candles and made about that many soaps, too ... so somthin' BETTER sell. LOL

Got all my candles ready for the show this weekend. Looks like rain. Not good. I have been making everything under the sun. I take my dog with me. The customers come over to see my dog, and end up buying a candle. Sometimes he sits on my table in my booth. They love that. Ok, got to load. Hope you guys have good shows this weekend. :cool2:

...something in the neighborhood of 34,952 candles and made about that many soaps, too ... so somthin' BETTER sell. LOL

He he, I want to see you do inventory lol.....

Sigh, I forgot this is the weekend for paperwork - gotta close up the quarter and get everything balanced, printed and receipts stapled to the reports. It makes it *so* much easier at the end of the year, but it's *so* hard to force myself to do it.

I done Cinnamon Buns tonight.. tomorrow I am doing Bayberry and working on a blend for one I am calling Smore's my children's school Fall Festival Basket. ( got in a pickle.. friend was going to help me donate some items and the candles I can manage BUT I dont do Bath and Body stuff except for Bath Salts & now I am dont know what am going to do about getting a bottle of lotion, lipbalm, bodyspray, etc.. ) anybody out there that does them that wants to donate.. let me know~ It is a way to generate ur biz ~lol..... but this is what im working on this weekend.. hubby is gone all day tomorrow to shooting range and class then off to work allnite, so I have plenty time to find a few other candle scents to play with too~ :)

I made votives and tarts with Jasmine, Cherry Almond, Chocolate Delight and Midnight Pomegranate tonight. Yesterday made jars with Country Berry Hotcakes, and Cherry Vanilla. Will probably make more candlesthis weekend. Need to order more FOs.

Waiting for FO's to arrive and then will be making French Vanilla, Vanilla Passion, Spiced Cranberry, Almond Pastries, Fudge Brownie and Grandmas Swinging Eggg Nog. Have a show coming up Dec. 1st.

Meanwhile, still figuring out a Angel Logo for my jars, haven't found the right one yet.

Might head over to Michaels to look for a few votive jars to see if they are less only need about 16 for a wedding table for a friend.:D

Waiting for FO's to arrive and then will be making French Vanilla, Vanilla Passion, Spiced Cranberry, Almond Pastries, Fudge Brownie and Grandmas Swinging Eggg Nog. Have a show coming up Dec. 1st.

Meanwhile, still figuring out a Angel Logo for my jars, haven't found the right one yet.

Might head over to Michaels to look for a few votive jars to see if they are less only need about 16 for a wedding table for a friend.:D

I'd love to know how you like this one!

I'd love to know how you like this one!

FHG, I'm not AAngel but I can give an opinion (what's new, my family would say :grin2: )

I initially rejected Grandma's Swinging Eggnog because it just didn't do much for me. Then it was sent to my sister's house in a batch of testers. Oh my! Her three boys -- all pre-teen -- thought that was the best of anything I'd ever sent them, to the point that they were dipping fingers and playing in the wax. IMO the rum scent is fairly strong, although I didn't want the boys to make THAT connection, and maybe that was giving it a negative connotation to me (yeah, there's a story there but it's not pretty and rather pointless all these decades later ;) )

Anyway, their response was enough to make me reconsider. Plus, the name is one of those that attracts people, although I've renamed it slightly, and the reaction is always a smile and "Yum!".

In my pot this weekend? Christmas Eve, Cranberry Marmalade and Precious Gifts are all going into mason jars today. And repackaging potpourri/fixins.

FHG, I'm not AAngel but I can give an opinion (what's new, my family would say :grin2: )

I initially rejected Grandma's Swinging Eggnog because it just didn't do much for me. Then it was sent to my sister's house in a batch of testers. Oh my! Her three boys -- all pre-teen -- thought that was the best of anything I'd ever sent them, to the point that they were dipping fingers and playing in the wax. IMO the rum scent is fairly strong, although I didn't want the boys to make THAT connection, and maybe that was giving it a negative connotation to me (yeah, there's a story there but it's not pretty and rather pointless all these decades later ;) )

Anyway, their response was enough to make me reconsider. Plus, the name is one of those that attracts people, although I've renamed it slightly, and the reaction is always a smile and "Yum!".

In my pot this weekend? Christmas Eve, Cranberry Marmalade and Precious Gifts are all going into mason jars today. And repackaging potpourri/fixins.

Thanks, I can identify with your story and it being rather pointless after decades - Amen!

Thanks, I may still try that scent. Something to think about.

Getting a late start this weekend but today I'm making pillars: Egyptian Dragon, Dragon's Blood, AA Oakmoss, Tea Leaf & Jasmine.

Test burning: Bert's Lemon Biscotti & Cool Water - both have wonderful cold and hot throws.

Guest Candelishis

I'm doing lots and lots of striped Christmas Splendor containers...my house smells sooooo good. It's been wafting upstairs for 2 days now and you can smell it as soon as you open the front door!

Nothing right now... I got into a funk after the craft fair and have poured 2 candles since then. Ugh. The 2nd was a tester with an 8 oz metro jar, red in color, tuscan nights scent (peaks, awesome scent by the way) that ended up exploding on me when I tried to rewick it. Sigh.

I guess I'll get back into it. Sales have been slow and I have SO much stock left from the fair. I must have reached peak burn-out after pumping out so many candles before the fair that I haven't really felt like making any.

I keep staring at these cute halloween candy containers and wanting to make some halloween candles with witches brew, autumn lodge and pumpkin pie... just for ME :D, but I feel like I've gotten into a funk.

It'll go away soon, I hope. Maybe if I sell a candle or two I might get back into it.