** What's in your pot this weekend? **

It's Friday - yay! What is everyone working on this weekend?

In about 20 minutes I'm setting up a 3x3 table at the employee fair next door at Blue Cross. I'm an "honorary employee" today since I'm in the same building. Never et up such a small table before, we'll see how it goes. Won't make much, but couldn't be easier - set up, leave a jar for money, come back at 4 and take down. (And I just got back from setting up - found out today is payday over there :) and there were already 5 girls huddled around the table when I left)

For the weekend finishing up a wholesale order - 4 more lavender 2" pillars, then labeling everything.

Then soaping, whatever I sell today I'll soap this weekend.

What up with you?

Ordering supplies, doing beeswax luminaries, a couple picture hurricanes for some orders, some marbled pillars (again for orders) then after the orders are all poured up,

I GET TO PLAY!!! :yay: :yay:

I bought some of peaks low mp pillar wax to put in my vats so I get to do some carving this weekend!! :)

That's about it for me.. Plus, (nothing to do with business) we are going to a harvest festival that is always fun every year.. The kids love it, and I love seeing the kids have fun, so I actually have a decent weekend planned. :)

no candles.. only bath and body

I have confetti soaps to make, playing detective I have about a dozen FO bottles that came in mail that got wet and labels damaged.. I HAVE NO CLUE what scents are.. so I have to put my sniffer to work.

I also have to test bath cookies... the old crappy recipe.. I made it my mission to create one that WORKS.. so I think I have it.. not I have to test the 2 recipes I fiddled with to see which is best

Uh, nothing, only because I'm in the middle of my weekend right now...

So if we look at it from that point of view, I am currently trying to get the instructions for dye chip marbles out of the way, then maybe do some more tarts for my testers. Placed an order early this morning at Peak's, will wait to get that and then I get another weekend of play. Want to move into rustics eventually this next week.

Sometimes, it pays to work at the railroad, times like this, it don't :P

I have a few orders to finish pouring up. Also have to finish re-stocking and pouring up holiday scents for the harvest festival coming up. Hopefully will get to slip in a few batches of soap here and there. And somewhere in the midst of this, I have to try to find time to take DD shopping for a pair of western boots for spirit week at school.:rolleyes2

I'm going to be very busy pouring, dipping, test burning, packaging, etc. as I have 6 shows in a row starting the 22nd! I also need to work on the order for 100 cowboy votives- I need help:shocked2:

I'd also like to enter the contest for the BBB dupe but doubt I'll find the time!

I have my first craft show on Saturday. I'm very excited. But tonight, I am chilling out, and relaxing--need rest so that I'm "perky." I am doing a run-through of how I want to set up my table etc. I have a 6' table and a baker's rack that I'm using. Then on Sunday, see what I sold, because I have a home show the following Saturday and another show the following weekend.

I have S1 soy with 3% BW in one pot for my Christmas gift project, and Mill Creek soy in another for testing next year's possible sales. BUT I'll be visiting my 91 YO grandma Saturday, then will work on more candles Sunday.

Monday night, I will kick back and watch my Colts destroy the hapless Rams! :yay:

Nothing at all, have a bad ear infection and have not been online more than a few minutes at a time, don't even feel like being out of bed much. Thank goodness my doc is in half day tomorrow so have an appointment to see if I can get this cleared up.....hate feeling this way. Well going back to bed. Maybe I'll feel like doing something next week.

My weekend is basically shot. Have not had time to do anything candle related all week. I work for the county E-911 service, and we have been getting the command post set up for our annual Bridge Day festival. Basically my day starts at around 6a, and wont end until around 5 or 6p. Sunday is hopefully gonna be spent makin more ornies for an upcoming craft show. I did get my first batch of ornies done, and they came out surprisingly well..lol.. anyway... thats what is simmering in my pot this weekend:cheesy2:

I am going to make some ghost candles, out of balloons, me and my boys are. Then, I am going to begin working on a gift basket for a friend's wedding next weekend. I also need to get the boy's costumes finished.

how do u make a ghost candle out of balloons lol you guys always amaze me .. i am going to try to make m y pillars more apealing this weekend lol and rake the yard and spend time with the kids....

What's in my pot you ask? What in the He.. do you think is in my pot.! Wax wax wax wax wax wax wax and more of the stuff. I have a back brace on because I just had to do some stupid men's pushups. Stupid, stupid stupid......never again. I have big enough muscles....hehehe.....I had to lift up the 25 lb. pail of carnation today. No one was here....it is shy of 25 lbs, but it still hurt....so you ask, what is in my pot....wish it were a rainbow. Donita

My weekend is basically shot. Have not had time to do anything candle related all week. I work for the county E-911 service, and we have been getting the command post set up for our annual Bridge Day festival. Basically my day starts at around 6a, and wont end until around 5 or 6p. Sunday is hopefully gonna be spent makin more ornies for an upcoming craft show. I did get my first batch of ornies done, and they came out surprisingly well..lol.. anyway... thats what is simmering in my pot this weekend:cheesy2:
I have a feeling you live in my old stomping grounds! I am not making it in for bridge day this year... too tired to make the trip.

Pinecones! I started dipping my ex's order of 144 fire starters.:tongue2:

I have some pillars to level and label and pour some holiday tins. Got a show in 2 weeks.

Plus I have to get my new computer organized...transfer some files, get my favorites loaded, label program, camera program...all kinds of stuff. :yay:

Nothing at all, have a bad ear infection and have not been online more than a few minutes at a time, don't even feel like being out of bed much. Thank goodness my doc is in half day tomorrow so have an appointment to see if I can get this cleared up.....hate feeling this way. Well going back to bed. Maybe I'll feel like doing something next week.

Oh Lola I hope you get better soon!!! {{{Hugs}}},,,,Well I dont have any orders this weekend so I am going to play with the J225 and some LX wicks,,,I have been trying to test this wax but something would always pop up. But tomorrow I have set aside for candle time:yay: Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!! :highfive:

well this week-end going to relax.Last week-end did a show and it was so cold and did worst than any show I have ever done.Maybe it is just me but feel after the cold I am coming down with something.Not sure.It is said it takes about a week for a cold to develop and today been feeling kinda yukey.I have a friend coming for a few candles and lotion and getting a list of scent together for her to take to her neighbor for a order for lotion.

I was going to sign up for a show this week-end but backed out.This hauling stuff is HARD.Me and my husband need a couple days off.The shows now most will have tables already set up so that is easier.Don't have to haul tables. Inside also. I do have one in Nov outside in huge tents all over town and see how that is.The one I did there a couple years ago the weather was warm in Nov.It is a real nice area and someone asked me to bring my candles.I don't want to pass it up.At least we may get in the middle of the tent and that way we miss the cold.They will have heaters and I will wear extra clothing.

I'm waiting on a Peaks Order with two new scents~ Hot Cocoa and Spruce Christmas. I have tons of candles to pour this week as well as tons of Clamshells to pour. Sent some to the waitresses at Bob Evans to test for me!;) They love my stuff so I gave some clamshells with new rescipe of wax to test.

Have a show on the 29th of this months. One day show but I'll sell a lot, I know!

Then a two day show on 12&13 of Nov. and another one day show the weekend after.

Waiting for new floor rack to arrive from NU-ERA. If I like it, I'll order several more so I can display ALL of my scents in clamshells!:yes:

Have more holiday shows to enter so it's back to work for me!:drool: