Heat Gun - Who Uses one??

I have one that my DH got at a tool store for around $20. I don't use it all the time but it is nice to have just incase I need it. Sometimes the tops look FUNKY and it's great for clean-up. Just keep your fingers out of the way. I almost always use mine on the lower temp.

I have one from Home Depot. I love mine because I can control the temp. I crank high for cleaning my molds and pour pots and I keep it at low to smooth out the tops of my candles.

The one I used to use was from the craft store. Just a plain on/off setting type. That worked just fine for smoothing out the tops of candles, it just took longer.

I would go to the craft store or your local HD or Lowes first before buying one off ebay. :highfive:

Mine came from Harbor Freight for $20. Our Walmart doesn't carry them.

We use them to shrink wrap our baskets, votives and melts.

I was afraid to use it at first also, but I just put the item on a pan or foil, stand back, and zap it! lol

I cannot live without my heat gun. When my first one died, I couldn't function!! I now have four, just in case!

I personally went through three of the Harbor Freight ones in a year. I guess I'm harder on heat guns than most, but that was ridiculous. I now have a Milwaukee (birthday present from dad!) a Harbor Freight, an unknown brand and one from Granger. I actually broke the Milwaukee within a month but got it fixed under warranty. I use the one from Granger the most.

I have a Wagner 3500, variable temp (250F - 1350F) with 2 fan speeds. It works great! Got it at Amazon for $9.99. I applied for an Amazon credit card and received $30.00 off my first Amazon card purchase. On top of the $30.00 credit the heat gun qualified for free shipping.

I use my heat gun for soo many things, can't live without it now.

I don't think I can make candles anymore without one...LOL. I have a Milwaukee that I got for Mother's Day a few years back. I clean my molds, essential for cleaning my pour pots and heat jars to bring them to room temperature, etc. I can't make candles without paper towels either...LOL

If you're making candles without a heat gun, you are missing out.

Just for cleaning up alone, its worth it. Especially for that high melt point wax thats such a pain to work with.

I got mine at Big Lots for 12 bucks, Wagner. You don't need to buy the most expensive one, unless you're welding metal on the side.

Don't worry about the fact that it says it can reach 3000 degrees, or whatever. It doesn't take long of playing with it to see how to use the distance between heat and object. Even over a foot away, it will still slowly melt the stuff out of your mold.

Watch your fingers. Its not a hairdryer.

And if you want to make hurricanes? You just can't do it without a heat gun.

I love mine! Got it at Ace Hardware (it has their name on it) for under $20. I was afraid of it at first and now I use it all the time to melt the tops after I poke relief holes...no more 2nd pours!

Thats where I got mine. Its a Wagner and has two heat settings. Hot and extra hot!! Hehe! Was around $20.

Use it to help clean up wax from pouring pots, containers, pots and pans, whatever I use for wax. I also heat gun my candle tops to smooth them out after shows. (Some folks just have to stick their fingers in your candles.)

Anyway I use it for lots of things.