Cost of Wax is killing me!

it now costs me over 60 dollars to get a 50#case of soy wax shipped. Customers already scoff over 5 dollar candles,(they are rural farm types and they are cheap) there is no way I can raise the price. I'm either going to have to get a cheaper wax supplier or just go out of business.

I usually get my wax at tennesee candle supplies. Does anyone know of a cheaper place to get it?

I'm in rural Missouri.

Boy, join the club! You, me and the rest of us who have to have wax shipped! I am seriously trying to figure out what I am going to do...I know I have to raise prices and will probably give it through this fall/holiday season with higher prices and see what happens and then make a decision afterwards if I can stay in business or not!

I second candlescience - especially ordering over 200 - they are not that close to me but if I order 200+ pounds of wax it is waaaay cheaper than ordering 200 lbs from any supplier close to me

BTW I am in Nebraska if that gives you any idea of regions

try candlescience. Tey ave great sipping costs, but it still won't be ceap.

*Sorry my letter after g button is broken.

You mean......h h h h h h h h h h h h ? :laugh2:

Another vote for Candlescience. Their rates are better than your typical hundred-weight discount. And service is great, to boot.

morris wax also has a warehouse in KCMO and a new one in Edwardsville. They met me in Edwardsville even though their warehouse isn't open yet, so I wouldn't have far to drive. They are excellent helping you out. Ask for Brian or Gary

hehe. this kills me. A box of Ecosoya in this country is $100 plus tax, plus shipping - about $140 a box - and thats if you buy lots!

Again Nat, think about my idea of coordinate all our orders (may I remind you: a box of 25 kg palm wax (the fat, the soy-like) costs € 37,50 + tax + shipping (25,27 in your currency) - I guess the crystallizing one is similar in price.

Shes over on my side of the state scented so it would cost alot in time and gas to drive across state for a case or 2 of wax. It sucks all around. We raised our prices this year, our first raise in 7 years and we are still behind the times i feel. It aint going to get any better either.

Bruce

I went today to my supplier to pick up some color blocks and told the I'd be ordering more wax and pree paying it after my big festival and she informed me that the price has risen AGAIN! for one month, the price has increased by $5.00 per 50lb box because shipping costs for them have increased 15% on a pallet of wax!

I was vascilating whether to raise the price of my candles next year. Now, I have absolutely no choice but to raise them!:embarasse

Fire