Cost of Wax is killing me!

holy cow.. I didn't know shipping could be that much for wax. I'm getting into candle making and just started with the ezsoy start kit this week.

I'm glad I have a local supplier down the road from me. (Kangaroo Blue) which I have been in discussions with already. They have ecosoy advanced wax for $55 for 50lbs. I'm going to test it out this month and get some.

What are your thoughts... Should I only buy 1 lb or 10 lb of wax first to test? The only problem is 1lb costs $5 and a 10lb costs $25. Might as well buy the 50 lb upfront, right?

The other supplier that is 45 minutes away is DPS Wax and they have the same wax I want to use.

thoughts?

thats what I thought....

ecoysoya advanced is the wax I want to use plus I can get it locally and not pay shipping.

10lb for $25 is $2.50 a lb

50 lb for $55 is $1.10 a lb.

seems like a nobrainer to me... I find 10 lbs doesn't last long.. even in the short time I've been testing... I have about 10 - 8 oz jars curing now.

What are your thoughts... Should I only buy 1 lb or 10 lb of wax first to test? The only problem is 1lb costs $5 and a 10lb costs $25. Might as well buy the 50 lb upfront, right?

1 lb is too little to do much with, you should get at least 10 lbs to test. You could get the whole 50 lb case to reduce the cost per lb, but only do that if you already know this is the wax you want to use. If not, better get the 10 lb first in case you decide to go with a different wax.

It costs me more to order from BCN than it does from Candle Science and BCN is much closer to Nebraska than is Candle Science......I sure hate to do this.....but I must apologize.....my info. was wr------.(lol)

from NC to here is $80.39 and from Wisconsin it is only $76.91 a whopping savings of $3.48 for 50lbs. of Ecosoya CB135. But when I consider the difference in customer service and quality of advice etc.....CS wins hands down from BCN. BCN's initial price is $4.55 higher than CS's price however.($49.95 vs. $54.50). For the diff. in price and customer service etc.....I will stick with CS.

Mike

It costs me more to order from BCN than it does from Candle Science and BCN is much closer to Nebraska than is Candle Science......I sure hate to do this.....but I must apologize.....my info. was wr------.(lol)

from NC to here is $80.39 and from Wisconsin it is only $76.91 a whopping savings of $3.48 for 50lbs. of Ecosoya CB135. But when I consider the difference in customer service and quality of advice etc.....CS wins hands down from BCN. BCN's initial price is $4.55 higher than CS's price however.($49.95 vs. $54.50). For the diff. in price and customer service etc.....I will stick with CS.

Mike

Hey littlebrownbug.. not sure where you are in Nebraska, but Peaks is my nearest supplier over here in the panhandle. I don't use your wax, but they sell it at Peaks for $51.50/50# with price breaks at 4 cases AND they give UPS hundred weight shipping which is a discount of 20% on normal shipping when you have over 200# Not sure how much you order at a time, but it could be a savings??? Just some more info in case you weren't aware of them having your wax.

Ack, tell me about it. It costs me (with taxes or duties, shipping and wax) 2.50$ a pound at best. Using soy wax for now. It's insane. I might just stick to tarts and at least save on the containers, wicks etc... If anybody knows a better deal please let me know, I buy mine from Village Craft and Candles although I have tried from different suppliers and I end up with crazy fees if from the US.

Melany